Reviews for NGE: Utter Insanity
I am afraid that after reading this story I share the opinion of several reviewers below me. I had no idea of what I was reading. I loved Thousand Shinji but this makes no sense. And I am really wondering if you really wrote this or someone hacked your account because this is worse than your other material and makes no sense:

1 - When you declared The Open Door dead in the Spacebattles board you explained that the Young Chaos Gods could not leave their universe, regretting that you did not wrote that as soon as the first chapter (then again, you broke that rule in chapter 2, so maybe it is not so set into stone).

2 - This character is supposed to be post-TS Shinji, but he is completely different of the Shinji that we found in Thousand Shinji and The Open Door (then again, TS Shinji and TOD Tzintchi are very different characters). He does not look, act or talk like Shinji at all (for example, I do not imagine Tzintchi tolerating that someone talked about Asukhon, Reigle and Misato disrespectfully, let alone agree when someone refers to them like "crazy hot bitches" and telling that he has "a collection of them").

3 - Why on the Earth Shinji would get so crazy about meeing another Rei "who is crazy awesome and knows how get shit done"? He is already in a relationship with his world's Rei (and Asuka and Misato) and she gets things done, so why would he care or be thrilled about it? And why would he want to leave his universe (apparently forgetting that he is stuck there and he can not leave, according yourself)? It makes no sense.

In a nutshell: the premise is ridiculous and it does not work according your universe's rules -rules laid by yourself-, and one of the two main characters is severely out-of-character. This story feels like if you were trying to revisit The Open Door concept, writing the story that it was meant to be: a silly, non-canonical side-story where characters of Thousand Shinji visit other dimensions and make stupid, silly, laugh-worthy stuff.

I'm sorry, but The Open Door didn't work, and neither does this story. Since you abandoned this fic after two chapters I reckon that you agreed.

Thousand Shinji is excellent. But all attempts for continuing the story of that universe have failed. It's better leave it alone.
Madork Gunna chapter 2 . 12/22/2010
The only words I have that come close to describing what I just read are: "... totally awesome... the fuck just happened?"
Higashiyama Sayuri's Devout chapter 2 . 9/11/2010
I read Thousand Shinji, and i love it but this makes no sense at all.
Techpriest of Tzeentch chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
While the summary frankly terrified me on level unimaginable, the chapter reminded me why I love your works.

And this is me subtly hinting at the want for more from all your fans.
enderverse chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Not as good as your usual stuff. Did you even write this or did someone hack your account?
Remenants chapter 2 . 6/8/2010
Ah, so good to see you back in the saddle again. I wonder if you're going to have the pair visit the Mass Effect universe? I mean we all know that Tzintchi and Nyarlathotep are awesome, but how would they fare against the number one Badass of that universe Commander Shepard?
DeadpoolMcDuck chapter 2 . 5/29/2010
Tzintchi could download a psychic Trojan virus into the Tree of Souls from “Avatar” so that its seeds would grow into biological spaceships similar to Tsunami from “Tenchi Muyo,” thus allowing the Na’vi can become a space-faring race without needing an industrial revolution that’d damage Pandora’s ecosystem or sacrificing their spiritual culture for the sake of technological development. Once the Na’vi adjusts to traveling in space-trees similar to Tsunami from “Tenchi Muyo,” they’d act as a counter-balance to humanity’s destructiveness, while disillusioned Na’vi could be converted to Tzintchi’s cult of neoChaos. Tsunami’s first-generation offspring are endowed with energy-based weaponry, FTL travel, and matter teleportation, although each successive generation is weaker than the last to make sure they can’t rise up against Tsunami or the Jurai Empire.
Islagatt chapter 2 . 5/23/2010
I cannot find words sufficient to convey my joy at finally getting more of your writing to read. I still want to find out what happens next in 'The Open Door', especially to Scipio, Lars, Gunnhild and Skuld. Since this is another dimension hopping story is it likely that we'll see some of those alternate universe plot-lines get resolved? Or that Gnarly will meet Kyon (this I ask because of the comparison betwixt the two)? Whatever happens I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of this and your other stories!
drvash chapter 2 . 5/21/2010
“Behold the Foreigner belt! The wearer of this belt shall possess all the super powers of 70s super group, Foreigner.” Quote from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

“This soul thing, can I get one by eating someone else’s?” Quote from Schlock Mercenary. The main character is an Amorph, a race which share a few similarities to the Shoggoth, gelatinous slaves of the Elder Things from “At the Mountains of Madness.” Other non-human species that worship eldritch horrors are squids, the frog-like Deep Ones, fungoid crustaceans such as the Mi-Go of Yuggoth, the tree-like Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath, etc.

Think the System-Bug has a superficial resemblance to Atlach-Nacha, a spider of shadow whose web bridges dreams and the waking world. Dreams are important to the Whispered of Skuld as it is the source of their scientific knowledge, so Think may serve as the self-appointed guardian of the Shadow Weave in Skuld’s absence until Gunnhild is mature enough to do so herself.
Waspy chapter 2 . 5/21/2010
Waspinator should join Tzintchi in his search for Reigle as a random pop-culture reference. Plus, the Matrix/AllSpark contains the collective spiritual energy of every Transformer and would satisfy the neoChaos gods’ need to consume souls for millions of years, with Waspinator's spark acting as a gateway to the Matrix/AllSpark.
ammybah chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
I’ll give you a cookie if Gnarly and Tzintchi run into the TimeLord.

Tzintchi is a little too genre-savvy, so getting taken down a peg or two by would make him feel more like Shinji Ikari, the man he used to be, rather than a benign Lovecraftian demiurge.

P.S. “All BOLOs go to Heaven” would make a great movie that’d be popular among Droids as neoChaos would likely give sufficient advanced AIs certain civil rights so long as they apply for citizenship. To become a citizen, humans have to serve in the military and/or give birth to three offspring, but droids and robots would have there own standard to live up to.
Lord of Daemons chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Hey man I was wondering if I could use Neo choas in my mega X-over story if I gave you credit in my story. PM me if it's okay
vabbie chapter 2 . 5/19/2010
People I’d love to see Tzintchi corrupt or recruit:

Talyn (Farscape), a Leviathan/gunship hybrid

Ruri Hoshino (Nadesico), Rei-look-alike

Leto Atreides II (Dune), god-emperor of Arrakis

Boba Fett (Star Wars)

Sosuke Aizen (Bleach)

Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
BlackOps04 chapter 2 . 5/19/2010
Ahh... charmingly subtle as always. This has potential though as this is fanfics within fanfiction I will probably end up completely lost.

Alas, poor Alma, no one will let her destroy the world in peace.
Lord Sia chapter 2 . 5/19/2010
Tzintchi is back!

The Dark Gods be praised! Well, not really - no sane person would ever have anything to do with the Dark Gods - but then again, who has ever accused me of sanity?

This might shape up into something funny, but I'd still like to see more of the Open Door ideas. The mere thought of an Demonically possessed, AT-powered Bolo... Hm, how 'bout some grotz? Plenty of room, and with the psychic power generated by a thousand or so of Weird Boyz... Heh. Heh-heh.

Um, also, the Toril-verse, once they find out that the Fiend From Beyond The Abyss which has been munching down on gods since he arrived, is actually a communications demon - essentially a glorified, demonic herald? Fun, fun, fun...

Oh, and how can you NOT throw them into the Senshi-verse?

"In the name of Love and Justice, we will not allow you to conquer the Earth!"

"Actually, we're not here to conquer, we're here to recruit. We're in the middle of a technological revolution, we need people, so... Sign up with Chaos, get fresh start with an extended life guaranteed to be free from any sickness you do not approve of yourself, free education and plenty of work that needs to be done, and our retirement package is currently being expanded to cover twenty different worlds is six different dimensions, according to preference, not to mention that we can actually provide guarantees for your life after death. Sign up today and get a free minor mutation of your choice!"

"Huh? But, uhm, er- Luna, what's the Moon's policy on aliens who don't want to conquer and/or destroy the Earth?"