Reviews for My Life
mes5 chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
great story did you base the detectives Tim and Frank on the Det. Frank Pembleton and Det. Tim Bayliss charactors on HLOTS?
DoctorDoom chapter 1 . 6/2/2003
I wish we saw something like this in the show; I didn't realize we knew so little about Mack.

I don't think the Quinn plot was unrelated to the main plot, there are several things in common, just as many differences.

The flashbacks with Kevin were just hilarous... how could THIS guy get to high school !

Also, glad that it wasn't Daria that solved all the problems, for a time.
C.Nash chapter 1 . 2/20/2002
Interesting story on Mack there.

Personally I never did have a likeness at all for that guy because basically he has a rahter uptight smart-alec-esque manner and like Jodie said a mopey you-know-the-rest.

But the story on him in Baltimore makes some good sense as to what his childhood may have been like,and i'm not familiar with what may have gone in Baltimore,but that no doubt desribes his own moodiness at times.

Anyways,it's just with his attitude towards Kevin and I know Kevin's not the brightest bulb in the socket,but you'd think he'd realize it's the thought that counts thing for that gift.

I know Mack Daddy sounds stupid,but if he's gonna get all hotheaded like that over it,he IMO is no better or brighter than Kevy but just a blockhead next to the airhead.

Lesson to be learned that of course. Never misjudge others,you may not be so perfect ourselves.

Thank you for a neat Daria fic,same peace to you.
Yogi chapter 1 . 2/15/2002
I like, I like. However, the two story arcs don't exactly intertwine. It's good though, you get a break from one and into the other. Hope you write more.
The Spatula Messiah chapter 1 . 2/13/2002
A few constructive criticisms: First, I'm going to agree with Mike and ask whether the Fashion Club subplot was necessary at all. It's like a totally irrelevant comedy subplot that gets thrown in when TV producers think the main plot is too serious, and yeah, it was a distraction from Mack's story. And it's weird seeing the three J kids act almost normal in one plotline and all caricature-like in the other.

Second, I thought the kids in the flashbacks acted just a little older than they were supposed to be. I'd have made them about eleven or twelve years old.

In all other respects, I really enjoyed this story. Mack is one of those characters who we should know more about, and you did a great job fleshing him out (and Jodie too to a lesser degree). Daria and Jane's "cameos" in the main plotline were both very nice.
HecatonchiresLM chapter 1 . 2/11/2002
I enjoyed this. I wouldn't have called it a Mack fic, but I don't know how to say Quinn was in it too without it sounding like they were going out. Mack/Quinn fic. *shudder*. Anyway, keep writing, and keep writing Daria _.
Ilana chapter 1 . 2/11/2002
This is a really good and interesting story.

Good work
Mike Xeno chapter 1 . 2/11/2002
Well, it's great to see that sam is still around. You know, I think this could have been the definitive Mack fic, but it certainly didn't have to be in order to be good - and it is very, very good. The side plot with the Fashion Club is not quite as inspired, and actually I kind of wonder why it was necessary - it was something of a distraction from the far more interesting Mack plotline.

I felt that Mack and Jodie's relationship was particularly well-portrayed, how they came together almost by default and have stayed together for pretty much the same reason. This comes through in how they can become so quickly mad at each other and then make up just as quickly - there's not much emotion invested on either side.

Mack's roots in Baltimore sound real and convincing, even though I have no experience with that sort of life.

All in all, another fine piece of work by an author from whom we have grown to expect that sort of thing.
snucker chapter 1 . 2/11/2002
good story and believable. keep writing cuz you're actually a pretty good writer.