Reviews for Tethik's Lesson
Guest chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
"trusting brown eyes" priceless
Ibskib chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Liked the connection between Shepard and Liara, she is an awkward, but charming character.
Heh, I can just picture it, Shepard making it into an artform to make Alenko eat strange shit, that looks normal,but with a disgusting source he's oblivious to. the "trusting brown eyes" thing made me crack up.
Animus of Masada chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Great story, witty, and funny.
themarshal chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
I'm very impressed. Your approach to Shepard is so wildly different from anything I would have come up with, and yet he worked so well with Liara. It was also very curious seeing the Shepard/Liara relationship where there is no romance, since I seem to be completely incapable of thinking of Liara as anything other than a romantic interest.
Loup de Mer chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Rice - hah! Andrew Zimmern would be proud.

I'm always glad to see more from you. Liara and Kaiden failed to hold my interest for too long in the game, but you give them so much depth that I almost feel bad about playing favorites with Ash and Garrus the whole time. I salute you.
AssaultSloth chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Great stuff, eyyo.

I admit Liara is handily my least favorite character in Mass Effect, by no small margin. That said, I think a lot of that is because Bioware set her up as an archaeologist but never made her actually seem anything like a scientist at all. Like, between her and Tali (in the first game), all of Liara's dialog is about herself while virtually all of Tali's is about the universe, the quarians, some cerebral textbook topic or another. I really felt like Tali came across as the nerdy one, not Liara.

In any case, your portrayal actually makes her seem like the nervous academic she is purported to be, and that made this all work for me. Loved her reaction to the vision regarding the correctness of her hypothesis.

As always funny, well written, and immersive. As always looking forward to more.
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Heh, Liara is always so refreshingly honest and awkward. I can't help but look forward to eventually catching a glimpse of our other, more badass Asari, namely Samara, Aria, and let's not forget mama dearest.

A bit too open ended (IE it doesn't build towards or try to say anything) so it looses a little of Mind's energy, but overall, a very enjoying expansion on what you've already shown us.
Candle in the Night chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
I like your Shepard. He is complicated.

And your characterisation of Liara is very impressive. You managed to capture her voice really well.

Overall it is very good, the writing style in particular makes it easy to read.
Zarkovagis9 chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
interesting little segway. very cute.
Kudara chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Haha, loved the end.

Omnivore - if it doesn't kill you and you can catch it, it's dinner.