Reviews for After Rowan
Michele O'S chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
you went and made me feel sorry for him again! lol gosh I almost adore Loghain there is a fine line between love and hate

Thanks for the awesome little piece!

Liso
Jade Sabre chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
This fic has some truly excellent character insights, and I'm really excited to read someone else taking Loghain and Rowan's relationship seriously.
sweets427 chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Ok so i read the books but i still can't bring myself to feel sorry for Loghain. If duty was all he had then why abandon Calian? I prefer to think he was too paranoid about Orlais and couldn't let go of the past. Yes I can see how giving up Rowan was hard for him but it was his choice. Anyway interesting story.
Persephone Chiara chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
*Sighs* That was beautiful. And sad. Utterly lovely!
mutive chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Poor Loghain...

And lovely writing. I can feel the almost tangible sense of lost and even revulsion. At doing what must be done, even at a great personal expense.
Windchime68 chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
I really liked this. Loghain is a great character - he can seem like a cartoon villain when you first play the game, but he's clearly far more complicated than that, especially in the books. I think you did a great job of capturing his feelings in this story, and setting the scene for his later actions by ending with his emphasis on duty. I do think that everything he did in the game, he did because he believed on at least some level that he was doing what was necessary for Ferelden. I also think that the events of the books broke him in ways he would never admit, and you conveyed that well.
Italian Empress 1985 chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
“Duty-she was his mistress now. It was the only thing he had left.”

Oi! That was a great line to end your one-shot on. It reminds me of Alistair’s potential state of mind if you make him king and ended your romance with him. Alistair and Loghain, something in COMMON? What’s the world coming to? :p

I love finding gems that occur with the books but also outside them. I like reading fics based around the game events too, of course, but there are so few that are based on the books by comparison that I find myself treasuring them more.

I think Loghain was always a bit of an a-hole, but real people are the same way. They can be down right mean, and make very poor decisions, do terrible things, and underneath still have something of worth to be found, some weakness that makes them both more human and more understandable.

You did an excellent job of that here, I enjoyed this greatly, you could FEEL Loghain’s loss.
NuitNuit chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
"He had sent the woman he loved to a man who could never be as strong as she was. "

Ahhh so true...so true. I really wish that DG had fleshed out the character of Rowan more in the book.
AndrastesKnickers chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I am so glad that you decided to publish it. Awesome job!
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
That, my friend, was good. A tragic confusion of feelings, very well rendered.
bioncafemme chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Marvelous!
Ladyamesindy chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
One word, my friend: FABULOUS!

Well done!
Erynnar chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
OH MY GOD! This is what I was hoping to put across in my chapter with Loghain in Soulmates. But I bow before you! You handled it far better than I did. I am in awe! I need kleenex. I feel for Loghain so much. My heart hurts for him even more. Thank you Pic! Great job! This one will haunt me for a long time, sign of a great story. : D