Reviews for It's The Thought That Counts
How cute! I totally love how this was written! great work3
Basia Orci chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Lol, hilarious!
LaughingFreak chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Hilarious! I love it so much! The odd romances that they have going on and what they find to be romantic are just so funny and fun to read! Very enjoyable.

~LaughingFreak
Ephere chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
This is such an awesome piece! I absolutely love how you wrote it so...right, and you definitely deserve more reviews, (guiltily part of the reason I'm reviewing). Personally, I was just rummaging around for SzayelxUlqui fics, (weird pet-pairing of mine that's really under-appreciated), and stumbled upon this. This...masterpiece. *victory dance*

I love how you opened the fic with "The Arrancars...but they tried" and then closed it with "Even though...no one knew...". It just ties it all together.

...Only Ulquiorra would find that romantic. X) The Ulqui-bear and Szay-Szay were just too cute. Szayel's attempt at poetry had me in stitches, ("...but then I would die.") and Nnoitra...oh gawsh, he's just so perfectly him! I love the interaction between sorta-in-character Spoony (Tessie!) and lovesick Pinky. Their friendship is just...interesting. Nnoitra rummages Ilforte's underwear? o.O figures.

The dismembered hand just adds to the intimacy, neh? Picturing Szayel brandishing the spoon-hood and blotting hearts on the walls...priceless.

Great line: "Goddamn hearts on...goddamn..." "Oh noes! My lovely approaches...!" and the "or blood" part. "...notes, and saliva..."

“poorly concealed games of footsie” has got to be one of the best lines too. Aizen’s threat is great.

A few issues: I'm pretty sure that Ulquiorra is actually shorter than Szayel. 2nd, big mistake on part of the canon translation, but Ulquiorra's rank is Cuarta, which is the female form for fourth, (because "espada" is a feminine word in Spanish), not Cuatro.

And petty mistakes: "the dry-cleaners'" I'm sure is actually singular, thus "dry-cleaner's" but that's just my inner grammar-freak. Gah, all of the other errors are too small for me to harp on.

Damn, you've just gotta love Arrancars and their weirdness. Especially Szayel. Of course their mushy love things are scary. A mushy Ulquiorra is apocalyptic. One question, was the rendering of Szayel's face a painting? And what's a flatiron? Lol, Ulqui can't cook, and a fold-out chair throne.

...I hope my long review isn’t a problem…
phoenix of hell chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
I cannot believe you have only one review, this is HILARIOUS! Brilliantly so. I mean, ok, I sort of expected Szayel's first Valentine. Typical. But then it started to become REALLY interesting. The rosebush, a WHOLE rosebush, and the hand part... I laughed SO hard. Then the part with the redecorating... "His Szay-szay was so thoughtful, actually listening to him during their conversations and then saving him the trouble of redecorating himself." Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure this is EXACTLY what Ulquiorra would have in mind for redecorating... And he would ask for Orihime's help, who would be more than pleased to assist. Now THAT is an interesting mental image. But the best part for me was this:"And yes, if they continued even after he had told them to stop, he would decapitate them both and use their skulls as decorative bird houses." I could totally imagine Aizen saying that. And that rose bush was useful to Gin as well, who would've known?
Laora chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
I can't believe nobody's reviewed this yet!

This is complete brilliance, there's no other way to describe it.

Obviously they're OOC, but you mentioned that, andin a story like this that's 100 percent acceptable!

I liked the references to Ulquiorra-almost-smiling when something was funny. And him with Szayel may be one of the least likely pairings...but one of the funniest.

"Halibel gave Stark a lacy, heart-shaped pillow to rest his head on when he didn't feel like going all the way back to his room for a nap." Aaah I love Stark :D He reminds me of myself. Lazy bums, both of us, haha

Aaaaah just overal this is awesome :D One of the FUNNIEST Bleach stories I have read. Thanks for writing!