Reviews for Cap O' Donkey Sorrow
coolcat12345 chapter 1 . 1/19/2015
This is awesome. I like story. Youngest sister is my favorite.
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
I am enjoying this mash-up very much. You are a fine storyteller. Please continue!
lexynolongerwrites chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Once upon a time...my favorite place to start an adventure. In the hands of a fine storyteller(that's you) it makes me shiver in anticipation. Having never read any of these that I know, I'm settling in for a good ride.
Clar the Pirate chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Yay!

"languid yet clever" - that is you also.

So deliciously Lear-like. I studied the play, and a whole bunch of different actor's interpretations of act 1 scene 2, a couple of years ago and you may be happy (or indignant or indifferent) to know that your king is very David Lawrence (who you won't find anything about if you're inclined to look because he directed Lear when it was on at my local theatre in 2007). I'm interested to see if the king's going to show up again in the story rather than playing the traditional catalyst-then-exit-stage-right-forever, particularly after the amount of smypathy you built for him. I'm not sure I quite felt it, I don't know - pulling off the loving father who has a moment of irrationality is tricky. I'd have liked to see more of a Laurence Olivier, playing this grand, chuckling game which falls down around his ears; he's childish but I have a soft spot for kids.

Heh, I shouldn't be allowed to get started on subjects I have Opinions about.

Irene is exactly as she should be. Practical, dutiful, charming, loving, and kick-ass. Hurrah for middle children.

When it said you were combining three stories I thoguht for a minute you'd be giving a story each to each of the sisters. I hope Rose and Adeline also get a look-in; they seem very interesting too.
Tiger Lily21 chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Wow. This is very good! I love the way you've characterized Irene so far and your language is beautiful. I look forward to seeing more of this story soon!