Reviews for To Buy Love With Love
Toni America chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
I'm so glad someone else understands where the mom was coming from. She was doing the best she could in a horrible situation the way she knew how. Its obvious she loves her daughter, and I wish people could take a step back and see she was right when she said that they were women and their choices were never easy. Your story captured all of that! The praticality of a marriage with Cal as well as the truth of such marriage. Love LOVE this write!

Very realistic and in-depth. Kudos for such an awesome character exploration!
Milene Lira chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
You know, I used to watch Titanic when I was just a children so I've never really liked Ruth. I always saw her as a venomous snake who thinks just about the money... but as I grew up I start to studie about the Victorian era and I start to undertand why did Ruth act like that. She was just a mother wanting the best for her daughter but the problem was that she didn't knew what really was the best for her daughter. And on this scene when Titanic is almost sinking with her bow raised and Ruth is on the lifeboat she got tears on her eyes, and her look is shocked and depressed. In this part of the movie I finally saw the love she trally had for Rose. :/

Anyways, this was a great one-shot. I think I will read all of your Titanic fanfictions. :)
whitesheets chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
I really liked this. :D Thanks for sharing! I've always wondered if Rose really could have survived with Jack's crowd if the Titanic had never sunk. It seemed as though she had grown up with luxury.
Sam Pembroke chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
This was very good. I see I'm not the only one who likes Ruth.
come.josephine.95 chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
This was really good. You have good insight into Ruth's mentality, and I like that you made her feel she was truly making the best decision for Rose.