Reviews for A Choice Between Three Good Things
ptrpan89 chapter 10 . 12/31/2016
that was painful. and beautiful.
TooLazyToSignIn chapter 10 . 11/20/2016
I was going through my favorites and was randomly re-reading stories. I could not recall this one. So i foolishly hoped that they had ended together.

This is such a different course of it all and honesty I enjoyed it. The writing was so well that I actually read word from word. It is completely different from the common Bella and Alice. It was wonderful even though they hadn't gotten together, simply a beautiful story!

Appreciate the read!
canzite chapter 10 . 7/27/2016
This is complete horseshit! She isn't supposed to be with E-dick-ward and Alice isn't supposed to be with Jackassper! I can't believe you ended it like this! You have a great gift for minds eye writing and this is the rubbish you use as an ending!? WTF!
Gabuoo chapter 10 . 7/13/2016
You killed me! It was slow and painful! I can not keep my tears, my god was beautiful and quite painful! Beautiful story thank you for this delightful story, I have no words! :'') 3
Trinity Wilson chapter 10 . 3/6/2016
I decided to wait till the end of the story to write a review. And I'm so fucking glad I did. This story is so emotional and beautiful and you did everything so perfectly. This is definitely one of my favorite stories. Up there with the best of the best, man.
SelinaShadow chapter 10 . 2/26/2016
Heartbreakingly beautiful,
GeorgeWashington chapter 10 . 11/9/2015
The story was rather interesting and decent...until the last few chapters.

I will try to only give constructive criticism.

The main problem is that Bella does not choose Alice in the end. For an Alice/Bella Edward/Bella story, this would be okay. But you specifically stated that the story would be Alice/Bella and that that would be the main pairing. Since Bella doesn't choose Alice and she chooses Edward instead, the main pairing is then Edward/Bella. If this was originally stated or hinted at in the author's notes as a possibility, it would be less of a disappointment and easier to let go. Therefore, in the future (should you choose to write a similar story theme) I would recommend stating that the main pairing was subject to change and that the main pairing might eventually be a different couple than originally stated.
Also, the progression for the love for Alice from Bella seems very sudden, as Bella goes from 'I love you too; but I can't love you in that way' to 'I'm in love with you' in a matter of chapters. It is only in the last couple of chapters that any real progress is made and it means that the character development seems drawn out too long until it needs to be rushed in order to finish the story. In future romantic stories, I would recommend adding more chapters, with a more gradual case of falling in love.
The ending was also poorly done (in my opinion), as it ended with Bella being unhappy, which would likely cause Edward to become unhappy at Bella's sadness. Alice is also unhappy, and Jasper knows exactly why and therefore will also be unhappy as he would know there is no way to fix the issue. The choice Bella and Alice make is not based on who they love more, but on the least amount of harm they will cause by their decision. This meant that the two characters chose an option that neither liked or wanted particularly; but would please others. This is a rather depressing ending and Alice's optimism about how things will return to normal eventually and they will learn to be happy again is unrealistic and clearly would not happen. To improve upon this sort of ending, I suggest that you make it seem more like a choice that will make them happy; rather than an inevitable and inescapable eventuality that is the lesser of two evils, but still not happy for anyone. Another way to fix this would be to add an epilogue; where the depressed characters (Alice and Bella in this case) are shown to (after some time) be much happier than they were and have everything return to how things should be.

These are all just my opinions and obviously are not factual, but I just wished to express my views about how the story could have been improved and how future stories can improve.

I have no idea if you will ever see this review, as; A - this review was made a long time after the story came out, and B - I am bot logged in; I am only a guest and therefore don't know if reviews work properly. If you never see it, then I wasted approximately five minutes for nothing, but if you do read this at some point (even if you don't agree with me) then I would feel content, as my opinion/s would have some meaning and might be utilised in the future.

Review by George Washington (not the real historical figure; obviously).
TyrionGreywind chapter 10 . 6/12/2015
While I would prefer Bella to have ended with Alice, I knew she wouldn't in this particular fic. I was, however, placated by the fact that you gave good explanations as to why the story ended this way. I enjoy the sentimentality you put into the more adult parts, not many authors can do it and pull it off, but you did.
TyrionGreywind chapter 9 . 6/11/2015
I know this is coming to its close, but I can't help but hope for some sort of sequel. I do love how you have written Edward, and that says something. I tend to dislike Edward quite a bit. I also like how you've let Bella be selfish in this aspect. Of course the promise of M rated action might be giving me a bias though.
TyrionGreywind chapter 8 . 6/11/2015
All I have to say for this chapter, is that the kiss they shared was beautiful. Tragic, and beautiful.
TyrionGreywind chapter 7 . 6/11/2015
I love how instead of competing with Alice, Jacob is on her side. It totally works with how he empathised with her in the last chapter. I love how he knows Bella so well. It really fits with how she doesn't really know herself. Accompanied with her stubbornness? Lovely plot device. Built right into the characters.
TyrionGreywind chapter 6 . 6/11/2015
I love how you made Alice and Jacob connect. And it's just like Bella to feel bad and analyse her behaviour towards them, in all the wrong ways. Repeating the same action Alice had, without noticing? How could she analyse a hug to Jake but not that? Because that's her totally oblivious character, and you've done a fabulous job of showcasing it.
Guest chapter 10 . 6/11/2015
I finally found this again aftee so long and its still heart breaking...why you do this to us lol
TyrionGreywind chapter 5 . 6/10/2015
Bella's confusion and unawareness to her feelings and the feelings of others is often laughable. It truly is one of her main characteristics, even in the novels, so it makes for a great plot device. I really liked seeing the whole family react with the Alice/Bella dynamic. I love how accepting you've portrayed the Cullens, seeing as that's not out of character for them to be that way.
TyrionGreywind chapter 4 . 6/10/2015
I truly love how you have depicted Jasper. He is honest, but in a way that's laid back. He's honest because that's who he is, not because he's malicious. It was really interesting to read his side of things. With his powers, he has such an 'informed' side. He's very aware of every aspect of each relationship.