Reviews for Detour Sign
General Ripper chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
I think Azula did so because, since she lost her previous duel with Aang, she wasn't convinced that she could win against Team Avatar even with the Dai Li, combined with a suppressed love for her brother.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Ahhh. That makes a lot of sense.
Earthspark chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Wow, that's...creepy. But something had to explain that episode!
Obsessive Consumptive Reader chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Wow. This actually makes a ton of sense.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Fits into canon perfectly, and explains so much. Thinking things through doesn't help when one is already insane.
Private Fire chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Brilliant! Brilliant! So in character and so very evil! Perfectly plausible and fits in nicely as if it were cannon.

Bravo!
MHZutaraFanGirl chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
silence...

It feels like I'm watching an actual episode. The characters were just right, Azula especially. I always find Azula to be a touchy character in fanfiction, because she has this personality and insanity about her that (at least for me) is kind of complex to get on paper. But you did it very well.

I also like how you wrote out their relationship as siblings, that was interesting to read.

All in all, luved it! :D
BlueLion chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Isn't it ironic that by trying to steer fate towards her interests, Azula instead seals her and her father's fate instead ... this one reminds me of a Greek tragedy's grim fatality...

Also very intriguing your mentioning of Zhao's damnatio memoriae - I bet your education included latin-greek foundations, didn't it?
Cashews and Socks chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Amazingly written. I just have one TEENY TIINNY question,

Who is the watertribe spy?

That is all. The other reveiwers are spot on with their compliments, so I will say no more.
Art of the Artichoke chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Interesting theory. Despite being a prodigy I don't think Azula (or anyone) would be able to control lightning to that extent. From what I've seen in the show after it is generated you point in the general direction and that's where it goes. Firebending can create different size flames, whereas electricity is always unpredictable.

Of course I have no doubt Azula could think she would be able to in their Agni Kai. She wasn't exactly...rational...at that point, to say the least.

Azula may be a stronger bender than Zuko, but I don't think he's useless. He's still a great Firebender. Azula and Ozai are rather prejudiced against him _
FairladyZ2005 chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
I like the way you filled in what Li and Lo have been up too. The prophecy seems a little contrived to me, but it does provide extra motivation for Azula and I love how she misinterprets the prophecy. Redirecting lightning was always Zuko's ace in the hole. Like Azula seeing Lo flirting with the Dai Li agent I almost have sympathy for Azula, "but it quickly passed." ;-)
The Emerald Doe chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
this actually makes a lot of sense...the only reason i can think of why they didnt put it in the show would be that there would be too many spoilers.

anyways, great job. azula was ic and lo and li were funny
An Anime Fangirl chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Wow. This makes SO much more sense. I was suprised in the show that Azula showed us a change of heart (since it SO doesn't go with her character.)

You did Azula justice; I could hear every word coming through her mouth in her voice. It's not easy finding fics that do that; to have it feel like the actual character is saying everything (granted, some people say I have a talent for keeping characters IC, but I don't trust them.)

I liked Lo and Li's appearance; we really didn't see much of them in the show, and it felt... well, right.

I didn't see any grammer errors, which is always good, but I didn't think the bold was necessary. Just italics would have been fine (but I do have eye problems, so that could be just me.)

One thing that I liked that even though this answered that big question about her change of heart, it ironically left another question open - What happened to Li and Lo and Iroh? :D

Anyway, to sum it up, this was an amazing piece you wrote and I give you props for doing it so well. *Salutess*
AGirlWonder chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Oh, Azula, you never take a prophecy at face value.
Fire Lord Azula chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
I always suspected a self-serving motive behind Azula's change of heart. You filled the gaps seamlessly.

It's so hard to find stories where Azula actually /feels/ like Azula; where you can hear her voice as you read and know that the author actually understands her character. You've shown the ability to actually write her as she should be written, and for that alone, you deserve praise.

I like how you utilized Lo and Li; we really don't see much of them, considering how instrumental they've been to Azula. It makes sense for them to secretly have input in a decision that seemed to come completely out of nowhere.

Although you answered several questions (including why Azula wanted Zuko and Mai to become an established couple), you allowed enough mystery to leave your audience wanting more! We're left to wonder what, exactly, Lo and Li's relationship(s) with Iroh entailed.

I don't know how I missed this before, but I'm very glad I found your link on LiveJournal so I could enjoy it!