Reviews for Making Do
white raven chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
This is beautiful. I'm a huge Rush/Perry shipper, and there are only slim pickings on the net for these two. I'm so glad you wrote this scene. It's fabulous. Thank you!
cloudshape to ennien chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
My favourite couple and you have portrayed them so beautifully. How I wish this would have been how it was in the episode. I thought they both deserved more than what they got.

They will bring her back to Destiny eventually I think. Let's hope they will be ready for each other that time. Did she also remind you of Stephen Hawking? I had to think of him the instant I saw her.

Anyway, I hope you will write more about those two eventually, you are developing into one of my favourite authors.
Sara47Q chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
That was nice. I hate the idea of sex in someone else's body, without explicit agreement, but I'm glad they could still spend time together and be close without it.
BookWorm37 chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
I see you also caught the tendency for people to have sex while in other people's bodies.

Great job, I look forward to reading more from you.
Mr Evil 37 chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
This story... it has completely upended me, in more ways than one. It is extremely similar to my personal situation, but I will deal with the story on its own first.

This story was incredibly touching. As always, you got Rush absolutely spot on (how do you do it?) and despite the lack of substantial source material, you also managed to get Mandy perfect. I really felt Rush's pain at losing his wife and how he wanted to give Mandy the once in a life time opportunity she so desperately wanted, but couldn't for fear of upsetting the already delicate leadership balance on board. And that's without even mentioning his grief over Gloria.

I also felt the unbreakable bond of love and understanding between Rush and Mandy. Many writers can get bogged down in love stories, but I think they are one of your specialities. You fill them with such subtle undertones and make them feel so realistic. Very well done :D

As always, your spelling and grammar are absolutely perfect. You use a large variety of vocabulary to really give a clear picture of what is happening between them. Your structure also made it clear and easy to read.

Your SGU short stories have always been fantastic, truly brilliant pieces of fan fiction. But this one is the first to touch ME directly, at my heart, for it made me realise the similarities between Rush and Mandy's relationship and my relationship status. The same... problems apply, even if they are for different reasons. If that makes sense.

I don't really want to go into it, but just know that you have successfully explored Rush and Mandy's relationship, while also calling out to me metaphorically and telling me to make the most of what I have. And I just wanted to say thank you, because there are not many authors who can do that, and you have genuinely helped me in my life.

Very well done, and thank you so much :D
samcarter1022 chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
that was a truely beautiful story:)
Shorty McGee chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
*Sniff* That was beautiful!
Red Cat Lotty chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Awww, this was so sweet! All the emotions there, the sadness, the gentleness of this moment... a grat piece, as always! I liked the beginning most but I'm a sucker for hurt/comfort and You've written it so well... awesome!