Reviews for Opening the Closet Door a Crack
Grandmaster Soul chapter 9 . 1/11
I find it hilarious that cyborg claims to have no place as leader but has managed to identify all of the subtleties and flaws of the team and could potentially fix them by just taking charge of the situation.
Juliegirl22 chapter 31 . 12/18/2014
Grrrr. You kill one and make two go bonkers. *Shakes fist* it was an excellent story, and they cant all have happy endings I guess.
Juliegirl22 chapter 26 . 12/18/2014
Waaah! How could you kill him!?
Juliegirl22 chapter 25 . 12/18/2014
If you kill Cyborg, I will find you and whack you on the head with a stack of comic books!
Juliegirl22 chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
Oooooh, this is going to be an awesome story!
FlyingNinza chapter 31 . 10/25/2014
This is a true work of art, you have won over nine thousand Internet cookies.
Windows1 chapter 31 . 4/29/2014
Alright, if any story requires my full review, its this one. Unfortunately, because I'm writing this from a mobile device, I can't. However, I am going to say that this novel was absolutely brilliant. I love how you took two things I love, Lovecraft & the Teen Titans, and brought them together. I would only have one thing I mildly didn't like, and even that I have no case for. It was a slight irresolution in reference to robin, and perhaps Beast Boy. If you did an epilogue, so to speak, and showed the Titans down the road teaching the future titans, that way you could show resolution without ending the story necessarily; but then again, I'm not the word artist, you are.
Dragon chapter 2 . 3/15/2014
I've been reading more and more Lovecraft and Lovecraft-inspired stories be this depressing winter getting to enough about writing style & prose are very descriptive, and according to the description, I'm wondering if I can keep my sanity after show so far.

HereForTitans chapter 31 . 3/2/2014
Ok I may have read past it but who broke the antenna, or fixed the wall?
great story really enchanting : )
Chaos Productions chapter 31 . 1/21/2014
Oh God above, I don't even know how to start this review.

A good friend of mine recommended this story to me after I informed him of my growing interest in Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos and, to a far lesser extent, my inquiries about the craze regarding Teen Titans. Much to my surprise he told me of a crossover story - something I found to an occurrence as rare as an honest banker - and immediately, I set out to read.

Ashamedly, I expected something akin to the rest of the mindless drivel that comprises a good 80% of this site. I expected average dialogue, sub-par grammar and convoluted characterization held together by the promise of an interesting plot. Shame on me, for assuming that all the stories on the site are suddenly of the same quality as a Renault blueprint.

What I was treated to, on the other hand, is one of the best damn stories I've had the privilege of reading on this site - regardless of my sub-par knowledge of one fandom and literally NO knowledge of the other. Everything was the very definition of perfect - well, as far my knowledge extends. I will admit, what I know of the characters of Teen Titans is solely provided by TV Tropes, but going by all that was listed under the Characters page, I'd guess that you've kept them in-character quite marvelously AND branched said characters out in the face of the indescribable might and terror that is Lovecraft's creation. I adore everything you've done - the humor, the action, the terror and the suspense and the gut-wrenching sorrow and everything else from the general mood to the setting - if THIS is what I can expect from the Cthulhu mythos, I might have to get started on the franchise FAR sooner than I expected.

The one thing, though, that I absolutely adore to bits about this story is how you've integrated the two universes together. From the moment in Chapter 1 when Raven turned tail and fled at the sight of the Necronomicon, I knew this was going to be a fantastic read - and you did not disappoint. Truly, this has been an absolutely remarkable read, and the six hours I spent reading it felt a lot longer as the chapters scrolled by. So much so, in fact, that for the first time in two years, I actually uttered a sigh of disappointment when I realized it was all over. The ending had everything it needed - tragedy, poignancy (and pregnancy, which is always good), darkness and (possibly the one thing I adore most about it) VAGUENESS. Normally vague endings are terrible, yes, but the way you've left everything from the ending onwards up in the air is a very good way to tug at your readers' imaginations, and let those who WANT a happy ending devise one of their own.

On that note, I will be shocked to speechlessness if someone HASN'T contacted you asking permission to write a spinoff story or two. This story is just THAT good.

I honestly want to continue. I want to continue singing your praises, I want to continue analyzing the story and praising each and every fantastic plot device, twist and element you used and extorted and changed and adapted and I want to make this review relay all this but there is simply not enough space for all that text, so let me finish off this review saying that you have my sincerest thanks for gifting this site's visitors with such a magnificent work - it was a treat many would find a fantastic break of monotony on this dying site.

Until next time, whether next time be a new story of yours or not, I bid you farewell and I look forward to any similar works you may produce - if they're anything NEAR this one's quality, I will read it the moment it gets updated/ released.
Thanks again for the read,
ShadowMaster chapter 31 . 12/28/2013
I am simply in awe of your writing skill. I would say that you are a master at building suspense. Force and Novus are not your superiors; they are your equals. Never forget that.
Lirael1 chapter 31 . 10/15/2013
Very well crafted! While I've only been marginally familiar with the Cthulhu mythos up till now, reading your fic has made me want to read Lovecraft's actual works.
jarec chapter 31 . 8/23/2013
And so it ends. That was one hell of a ride!

I must say this story really is almost perfect. Your characters are well-developed, your plot moves along at a good pace (neither too fast nor too slow) and you weren't afraid to get dark without getting ridiculously over-dramatic about it. You were very good at description, as well- the chapters set in New England made me feel as though I could actually see the cursed town around me! I was particularly impressed with your research, both into Antarctic geography and into Lovecraftian mythos- it really helped bring the story to life.

There were some flaws, though. Most notably Robin- I get that his increased hostility was due to the erosion of his sanity, but it would have been helpful if there had been some other signs to clue us in. Maybe he looks tired even after a full nights sleep, refusing to discuss his dreams. Maybe he spends long periods of time staring vacantly at nothing. Some hint as to the changes and struggles occuring in his psyche would have made his final madness seem less abrupt.
Your chapters do seem to be a bit on the short side, and sometimes you devote more space to answering reviewers than to the actual story. Maybe expand a bit more in future?
Finally, Victor's death seemed (to me at least) to be rather pointless. Yes, it hammered home the seriousness of the threat but it had no real effect on the story. Furthermore, the Titans reactions to that death seemed to be too flippant- they were sad for a while but then they had sex and confessed their feelings for their partners. If a main character dies, it should be one of the central points of the story- and should lay heavily on the minds and hearts of the survivors.

This is all just my opinion, of course. I hope to see a lot more from you in the future!

Aprun chapter 31 . 5/15/2013
Really good fanfic! I never read a Lovecraft novel, but enough has seeped into pop control, that I can tell you did your research. Only problem was with tobin's OOCness. Provided that the layer behavior is due to the influence of outside forces, his general portrayal still disturbed me. You seen to have him pegged as this whiny, useless kid who has no right to be there. Beast boy's character development due to eobin's antagonism is only because you assume robin has no depth to his character. Robin fights on par with super powered individuals everyday, and is driven by the death of his parents. By using starfire's analogy to royalty, you make it seem as if robin didn't earn his leadership role. He worked everyday of his life just to not die, AND to make sure he protects his friends. Okay, I'm ranting here, but basically, great story, but there is so much more to robin.
Fallen Maiar chapter 11 . 2/10/2013
Well, i didn't know the Titans were genre savvy, Well it's a great story and i'm enjoying reading it.

Hm, so Elder Scrolls did get ole dagon from lovecraft...