Reviews for Toy Soldier
twomom chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Beautiful. Still one of the episodes I can't watch twice. Loved your backstory.
UncleKasu chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
I got teary. Absolutely lovely.
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Great story. I know I loved it. Please keep up the great work.
Siara Elen chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
I loved this story. Great moment between the boys as they put the legos and the soldier back after Everybody Loves a Clown. You did a really nice job of the dialogue between them as children, very believable and cute. I liked the bit where John finally noticed the soldier too. And I teared up a little at the end!

I too loved the Ode to the Impala as you called it. Swan Song was a great episode, but my favourite bits were the snippets of the past and I think you used the inspiration to great effect here.
Sotobow chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
I love this. I think the S5 finale was my favorite of all of them. It was seriously beautiful. I love all the snapshots you have with the boys and the soldier.

"I don't think he's coming home with us, but he's gonna know he's not alone." - This nearly made me cry. The boys were so brave during that last fight. I'm so relieve they were renewed for S6. Something tells me it was Kripke's original plan to leave Sam in Hell... Which would've been an awesome but deeply tragic ending.

Great story!
JustOnePogostick chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
I thought the Ode to the Impala was greatness and your take on it is extremely creative with emotional resonance. I loved it.
Creative Spark chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
This was awesome. If the Impala gets her own episode, which in a way, she kinda did, then the Toy Soldier deserves at least one really well written fanfic, which he did. :D I loved the lines, "Dude, you got him stuck in there in the first place. It's only right you kick off his second tour." It's such a Dean-like thing to say. Awesome job on this.
Little Escapist chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Now I finally read this (have been meaning to read for a time now) and I liked it. A full story consisting of little pieces that fit together perfectly. I love the feeling of reality this brings.

Your text flows easily and Sam and Dean are so themselves. The best part of this fic was probably the fixing of the Impala - how Dean wanted everything to be just like before, even the Legos and the toy soldier.

Dean's last line in this fic nearly broke my heart. So, Dean knew it already then. The episode was so sad - I cried nearly all the time watching it - and the ending caught that same feeling.

Thanks for a wonderful fic.
crimsonlipsivoryskin chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
i loved it :D it was beautiful.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Finally I'm all caught up and just getting around to reading those finale fics that I set aside. And a what a finale it was, I loved it all in every way! How it tied the brothers back together again and brought the show back to its roots and what for me the show is all about: family. I don't think I've ever been so emotionally drained after a series finale.

You did such a awesome job here. The back-story of the soldier and lego fit so perfectly and neatly into canon that its hard to believe that I didn't see it on screen! You really captured the boys well at this age, still recognisable as the men we now know but with age appropriative voices and personalities.

I loved how at some stage all three Winchester men told that toy soldier to do his duty and watch their sixes. And there's something special about the fact that John didn't remove the lego or toy solider either. I really think that that speaks a lot about the man he was and maybe was trying to be, despite the circumstances.

It was nice to see the boys after the crash, discussing their father and starting to re-build a few bridges. Each replacing the lego and toy soldier just like they did years before.

Out of all the fabulous moments that we saw in this episode it was that flash back sequence of the the boys together over the years and that damn soldier that tipped me over the edge into tears. The fact that they stripped out the noise and we just heard the wind blowing, all the while knowing what current situation the boys are in. Heart wrenching stuff.

I'm eager to see how season six will pan out. They really are on shaky ground. As much I want Dean to have the happy apple pie life and family that he's always wanted I can't see him being able to fully submerse himself into it knowing where his brother is and what sacrifice he made. But at the same time if Dean spends time with Lisa and Ben he can't just up and leave either, that would be cruel to them, especially Ben and it's not the man Dean is. He wouldn't want to be the absent would have been father figure. And then there's Sam and that flickering light? That brings up a whole bucket of queries. And if I'm not mistaken there's still Bobby's deal with Crowley to sort out! Yikes, its all making my head hurt.

Well that's quite enough from me, but suffice to say this fic really felt true to me and spoke so much about the boys and their childhood. You really filled in that gap and made those simple childhood toys mean so much more than what we saw on screen. Thanks so much for writing and sharing and I really hope you're typing away at a new fic! Take care, Abbi
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
That was truly lovely. Dean's words to the Impala made me tear up, they just so summed up the episode and everything that Spn is about. Thank you.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Pretty cool

Well, I have to confess that the first time that I watched the episode I kinda... Well, I was totally mad! I got really crazy like: "That's it? Are they kidding me? How could they separate Sam and Dean? How's that fair?"

But then I started to think about it... And all the story made sense! So, I watched it again, seeing at another perspective. And then I loved it

Because the story resumed all about them: that's about family, about love, about believing, about strenght... And even thought that was totally sad, and I don't accept that the boys had to pass throught all that, I think that was just an awesome way to tell a storie.

And that made me think: how can you not like something that make you fell with such strenght? How can you hate something that makes you think and that is so hard to understand, but at the same time so incredible?

Then, I decided that I loved Swan Song! And Supernatural always make me crazy like that ahahha

I loved the story DD Made me remember of that amazing scene when Sam remembered the best moments, when the Impala, their home, brought that all back to him and showed what love and be loved really meant.

Well, I talked too much again ahaha Congratulations for the story

See you around

Rosetta
Lisa O'Brien chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
This was a great story. I wish the show had done more to explain those Legos and that toy soldier.
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
Another fantastic story from you! I LOVED your interpretation of the toy soldier and Lego story and Dean's admonishment to the soldier to watch out for them once again before he drove into the cemetery. I also loved the fact that Dean got Sam to place the solider in the ashtray again when he was rebuilding the Impala, and I loved Sam's "as you were, soldier":-)

As for the finale, I LOVED it, and it is definitely going down as one of my favourite episodes to date (along with "Heart"). It completely broke me but at the same time I loved the way it was structured around the Impala flashbacks and I loved Sam's redemption in it (whilst I love Dean to bits, I am ultimately a Sam girl at heart I confess...). I thought it was a beautifully done episode, although I am heartily glad that it is not the end of the series because the series simply can NOT end with the brothers separate in any way. The only thing I did not like about the episode was the apparent implication that Chuck is God. No. Just. No. But otherwise I loved it:-)
ChaiGrl chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
What a PERFECT story. You nailed it. Thanks for sharing. Take care and Happy Writing!
66 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »