Reviews for Toy Soldier
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Terrific job!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Aw, you did a beautiful job with this. You've got an amazing talent!

Loved the history on how it all happened to them, Sam jamming the army guy and Dean putting the Legos in the vent and making sure it all went back to normal after the crash. :D

Awesome, awesome, awesome! :)
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
That was very very good. The little guy did his job.. he watched their six and helped save the world.

Very good idea.. very creative. Thanks
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
OH MY GOD...utterly amazing

I loved it :)

such a beautiful fic xx
Charlie Girl 79 chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
This story is wonderful! The time line, all the delicious details and dialog make for a beautiful set of vignettes. Loved this story.

Shar
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I liked your take on how the soldier and the legos got there. My favorite part though was the conversation between the boys, when Dean rebuilt his baby and put the legos back in and gave the soldier to Sam to replace again too. As for the season finale, well it really shook me up, at the same time I really loved it, as it made the brothers brothers again. Hugs, Vonnie
cheekymonster2 chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
Loved the story! and absoloutley loved the finale-dont think i would have handled it so well if there wasnt going to be season 6! I laughed, I cried and was a little bit p/o with dean ending up with lisa (im a die hard dean/jo)but it was still fantastic!
hotshow chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
This was a very good story. I would love it if you made a sequel - one with Sam coming back from Hell, like most of us think he will.

In the last part of the episode we saw Sam under the lamppost looking across the street at Dean through the window. Dean was drinking whisky and I got the impression that Dean was still upset about Sam being gone. When we saw Sam there, the lamppost light was flickering - I'm thinking that God brought Sam back to where Dean was.

I think that Sam was gone for maybe weeks/months (hopefully we will find out when Season 6 starts). Why I think that is because on March 28/10 at the LA Convention Jensen and Jared were talking with the fans about Sam/Dean and their relationship as brothers. One of the things that Jared said was that "the brothers needed to be apart for awhile, then wait for September and watch episode one" - that makes me think that when we saw Sam under the lamppost is wasn't right away but maybe weeks/months later. I think that Jared was hinting at what part of the last show would be (I think they would have finished shooting by then) - obviously he couldn't come right out and said what was going to happen, so he hinted.

Now we only have to wait for September and see how Sam and Dean get back together. It should be good, because Dean doesn't know yet that Sam's alive, and Sam doesn't know that Cas and Bobby are still alive.

Thank you.
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
Damn...this was...this was perfect. So, so perfect I can't even...

*Sniffles*

Thank you...just - thank you.

*hugs*

Mandy
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
I enjoyed reading your story.

I love how you filled in some more of the back story on how the army man got stuck in the door and the lego's in the vent.

I loved Kripke's history of the Impala, the brothers home, what awesome memories.

Your scene with the brothers talking while Dean was working on rebuilding the Impala, perfect! So nice to see some moments post "Everybody Loves a Clown" where the brothers were talking not fighting.

The ending was nice as Dean looked once again at the army man stuck in the door, but his lines were so sad and true, "It's just you and me, baby. Sammy needs us both...I don't think he's coming home with us, but he's gonna know he's not alone."

The season finale had so many wonderful moments in it and I would have loved it all, but the final scenes were to heartbreaking. Dean being there for Sam when he died, that was the big brother we all love, not the one sitting at the table at Lisa's house. Maybe if we knew more about Lisa and Ben, but we met them in one episode and Lisa briefly in two others. I understand Dean is trying to keep a promise to Sam, but that was not Dean.

It's so silly to be this upset, it is only a TV show, shouldn't be so depressed. Yes, they showed Sam at the end, but was it really Sam and if it is, will he show himself to his brother.

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I enjoyed reading it.

Until next time, take care.
Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Great story! I also loved the 'Ode to the Impala' facets of the finale. Well, I loved the whole thing but I really thought that that was awesome.

I really liked taking this trip down Dean's 'memory lane', so to speak. Great work. I always look forward to stories from you. :)
Zyanya chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Hey, It was awesome...Sammy will be back so the soldier should be there, just waiting so he can fulfill it's mission: Take care of the boys
calcium77 chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Well that was pure awesome ! I really loved it. Even though you made my cry like a blubbering fool just now so I had to explain to my husband that I am not insane and crying into my iPhone is normal behaviour. :-)

I loved the finale as well. I'm definately not a 'bitching' fan. Well ok. Had they left Sam in the cage I might have bitched. But I loved it. Loved the stuff about the car :-). Great way for kripke to end his reign.

Thanks!

Kat
Laci chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
See that's what i was impressed with on the season finalle. there were so many things that happened that helped the characters become more interesting and things to contemplate. like since i saw it, i've been planning on stargazing for a few hours on my rooftop. been meaning to for months, but life always gets in the way.

i loved your writing style here. and you did an excelent job at guessing the reasons behind the legos and the toy soldier. anyways there's more dignity in both this story and the show than what i am watching now. fn retarded, plotless musicals...that flippin thing was just scary!
carocali chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Just wonderful. I love the conversations with the toy soldier, especially from a young Sammy. It's always so funny when kids say things they aren't supposed to.

I really like the way you did the chronology of the car and the moments around it. Plus it's always great to have a story from you!

:D