Reviews for Toy Soldier
calcium77 chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Well that was pure awesome ! I really loved it. Even though you made my cry like a blubbering fool just now so I had to explain to my husband that I am not insane and crying into my iPhone is normal behaviour. :-)

I loved the finale as well. I'm definately not a 'bitching' fan. Well ok. Had they left Sam in the cage I might have bitched. But I loved it. Loved the stuff about the car :-). Great way for kripke to end his reign.

Laci chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
See that's what i was impressed with on the season finalle. there were so many things that happened that helped the characters become more interesting and things to contemplate. like since i saw it, i've been planning on stargazing for a few hours on my rooftop. been meaning to for months, but life always gets in the way.

i loved your writing style here. and you did an excelent job at guessing the reasons behind the legos and the toy soldier. anyways there's more dignity in both this story and the show than what i am watching now. fn retarded, plotless musicals...that flippin thing was just scary!
carocali chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Just wonderful. I love the conversations with the toy soldier, especially from a young Sammy. It's always so funny when kids say things they aren't supposed to.

I really like the way you did the chronology of the car and the moments around it. Plus it's always great to have a story from you!

Aaleiyah JoRayne Hunter chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
I absolutely loved it! This was amazing, a nice touch on the season finale. (Which I hated by the way, what's wrong with happily ever afters anyway?) Seriously, loved the story!

As Always,

sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
What a totally awesome oneshot delving into how the toys ended up wedged in the car and how they played an important part throughtout the brother's lives!
TraSan chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Well darn you anyway! I'm crying. I even made this horrific little noise once near the end. Bah!

All that said, this was maybe one of your best fics ever and that is saying something considering how awesome of a writer you are.

I loved every time line you covered, each one written so well they felt and breathed canon and the boys in every encounter.

I'm sure this isn't very coherent. I'm all verklempt now. *sniff*

As to the season ender? I really enjoyed it. I would have liked a less ambiguous, more happy ending, hug-filled moment, but since we have a season 6 - maybe we'll get one then.
Annie8R chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Thoughts on this story? Wonderful. Very touching.

Thoughts on the season finale? Good most of the way through (great in certain parts, okay in other parts). There were, unfortunately, some essential elements missing that should have been included. However, I'm grudgingly willing to accept that they will be taken care of next season. The worst part, however, was the last few minutes, when it took Dean away from the truth of his character and into someone else's life. That was bad. Again, it will be fixed by next season, we know that, but it was still bad. Come on, people. Don't do that to Dean. It's not right. The Dean we all know would be moving hell and high water (quite literally) to figure out how to get Sam. Inane 'promise' thingy or not. Sam is screaming in torment in the fiery pit. His beloved little brother. So Dean is going to dinner with virtual strangers? I don't think so. The Sam part at the end was interesting, but that doesn't take away from everything that was poorly done.

So anyway, there you have it.

Touching story.
Linz1224 chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Amazing. I'm speechless.
sentarla chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
love that you expanded the soldier and the lego story. I love that you mad the soldier pretty much a person like the car and that you explained the rebuilding. I needed that. Thanks!
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
This story was quite simply awesome. It fit perfectly. Thank you for writing it.

I am still struggling to deal with the season finale- particularly the last three minutes of it. I honestly hugely disliked Dean going to Lisa. Every time I mention this to others though, I get chastised that Dean made Sam a promise, etc. I know it but I don't have to like it. :-) How Dean could live a happy normal life when Sam's in Hell just doesn't seem like Dean to me.

I desperately hope Sam is not a ghost. I quit watching Ghost Whisperer when they did that. I want the boys alive and together preferably from the get-go in Season 6. I've seen a lot of speculation that Sam (whether dead or alive) would just go away and leave Dean to his "happy" life which I think is beyond cruel.
masondixon chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
The season finale depressed me very much. And I will probably be depressed the entire Summer. But stories like this one sure do help to pass the long, long days until Dean and Sam get back together again. A very good job here. Thank You.
The Poet's Muse chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
That was so hauntingly beautiful. Haunting because of what happened after Dean and the Impala rolled through the graveyard. You did an amazing job with this, you made every moment recounted by Chuck come to live to vividly! Breath-taking. You should be very proud of this.
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
This is the best thing you have ever written. *sniffle*
Nerene chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Wow, what a beautiful & poignant story as I read through my tears. It is the perfect back story of how the toy soldier and legos came to play such an important part in it all. Very well defined characterizations for Sam and Dean as children and progressing to the strong men they have become. Family, love and sacrifice are all there to bring the story full circle. I plan on reading again once when I have more control over my own emotions. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
anita chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
that was beautiful. Loved it. Warm and moving. Way better than the underwelming finale. Thanks for sharing.
67 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »