Reviews for Our Solemn Hour
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 17 . 9/12/2010
Dawn,

This has been a fantastic ride! I loved the ending especially the little limpage at the end!
supernatfem76 chapter 17 . 9/12/2010
I liked that you started this final chapter with lyrics from Dust In the Wind by Kansas, my favorite Kansas song. I liked the bike gang's name Sons of Lucifer. It instantly reminded me of Sons of Anarchy and a couple lines down you had Dean mention that which brought a smile to my face. You provided a nice setup to Sam being shot. You really know how to amp up the suspense. I always feel mixed emotions when I read your chapters. For this chapter, my emotions went from anticipation about what might happen to either of the Winchester brothers or any of the other patrons to sadness after thinking that Sam was dead on the bar floor to relief when Sam ended up being okay. The final scene with Sam and Dean made me smile. I liked everything about that scene. I liked how you chose to end Our Solemn Hour. Not everything was wrapped up and given all that Sam and Dean have been through I think that was the truest way to bring your story to a close.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 17 . 9/12/2010
great story
CBloom2 chapter 17 . 9/12/2010
Great final chapter!

Loved to see the love and trust back with the boys! If only we can see that in the show - oh well a girl can dream!

Looking forward to the next story! Take care
Shannanigans chapter 4 . 9/11/2010
"No, I couldn't do it Dean, it was you … saying you wouldn't leave me and then I saw the plastic toy soldier I shoved in the ashtray in the backseat. I saw it all, our whole life …"

I just have to mention this sentence. I don't know if you did it intentionally, but it cut straight to my heart. "Our whole life" singular. I am a twin and have always spoken in those terms. "Our whole life" holds a lot of meaning. Co-dependency be damned, I am one half of a whole. Our life is ours to share.

Sorry, off on a weird tangent. Just wanted you to know that you got to me. I think I identify with the brothers because of their close relationship.
Cainchan chapter 17 . 9/11/2010
great. really great story. thank you very much.
wcfan chapter 17 . 9/11/2010
Why is Sam always the one getting injured? I'm a Dean girl and all but why can't Dean?

But anyway. Yay. My boys are back together. I feel bad for Dean having to leave Lisa and Ben but Dean's right. Sooner or later the big bads are gonna come after him and they're going to end up in the crossfire.

*squees for Sam dimples*
anonymous chapter 17 . 9/11/2010
one of the best stories i read. you wrapped it up nicely and as chuck said it is not easy...
kissmewinchester chapter 17 . 9/11/2010
Lovely wrap-up! Dean assuring Sammy just did it in for me.
Amy chapter 17 . 9/11/2010
Aww. Back on the road again - together. Just like it should be. Good job.
Colby's girl chapter 17 . 9/11/2010
Loved the story. I liked that you gave the guys time to heal and reconnect but that in the end they are where they should be; hunting things, saving people, the family business.

I was wondering if you're considering doing a sequel of them hunting some time in the future where maybe the situation or an injury to Sam would allow him to share a bit of his pain and torment from his time in Hell. Just a thought...:0
vonnie836 chapter 17 . 9/11/2010
Wow, for a moment there I thought Sam might be dead and then I thought, no, she wouldn't do that. Guess I was right, just another heart stopping moment before the end. Well done so, as it really scared me, probably just as much as it did Dean. I feel kinda bad that Dean had to loose Lisa and Ben, but with Sam back, he just belongs on his brother's side and he knows it. He couldn't live knowing his brother is out there and worry about him all the time. On the other hand he is right about not wanting to bring the supernatural to Lisa and Ben. So he had to make a decision and he chose the easier one. Sam will always be his life. I admire Sam for trying to convince Dean one more time to go back to Lisa, wanting his brother to be happy and have what he feels he never can have. I can tell that he has accepted his live and found contentment, maybe even happiness in continuing the family business. They belong together and you brought that out so well. Love you for doing this. One of my friends from Germany sent me a song today and her favorite line in it is loosely translated "I'm always with you in your heart anyway, because I'm your home". I think that fits for the boys, they are each others homes and if one is gone, the other is always with him.

I will miss your updates and I feel very sad that this is over now, but I'm glad you gave me this story. Hope you will find time for another one sometimes soon. Whenever it is, I'll be there to read. Take care of yourself and don't work too hard. Hugs, Vonnie
Samantha V chapter 17 . 9/11/2010
Great ending to a great story. Hope the show goes something like this.
ChaiGrl chapter 17 . 9/11/2010
Awe. So so good. I am sad to see it end. It was wonderful to have them come full circle. Thanks for sharing your storytelling talent. Until next time, take care and Happy Writing!
judyann chapter 17 . 9/11/2010
I loved the story it was great! Great job and I hope you keep writing!
427 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »