Reviews for True Aim
xSakuraRosesx chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Great work. You're great at writing battle scenes. :)
kageshoujo chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
Loved your portrayal of Neimi, I think you got her spot on, though personally something seemed wrong with Colm for me, I thought he'd be more... concerned, or something, seeing Neimi was injured. And yes you're right. The ending could be better. But otherwise, still a good fic.
ladyneige chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Great work! You should consider writing more battle scenes. :3
Pen and Paper71 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
I really love this. Neimi, in particular, comes off really well here. Her strengths and weaknesses are both clearly laid out. Neimi, too often, seems to be written as weak and whiny, so it's great to read a fic that gives her the credit that she deserves.

I think that Colm comes off well here as well and I like the way that you portrayed their relationship.

So, excellent work! I really enjoyed reading this.
Snowy Ptarmigan chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Ah, it's always a nice sight to see Colm/Nemei fics hanging around, thought sadly there's not a lot. :( This was so well written and in-character. This canon couple is one of my favorites though it's sadly under-rated.

Keep up the awesome-ness!
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I'll say right out that I don't care for Neimi and Colm as a couple, but this was a pretty believable and endearing treatment of them both. It showed their strengths and weaknesses, together and apart, in a really human way. Neimi wasn't Superwoman here- if she were Superwoman, she wouldn't be Neimi- but you portray her as capable fighter in spite of her uncertainty. Maybe even *because* of her uncertainty, given her insistence on always making a sure shot. There are a lot little details here- Neimi's recollections of squirrel hunting, the reaction of the enemy horse to its rider's death, the reference to oppossums- that are vivid and welcome and give it a sense of reality. However, if I do have a quibble it would be with some of the descriptive details that give a kind of relaxed mood to what is probably supposed to be a heart-pounding battle scene. It's almost like Neimi is taking a time-out to reflect upon Seth's title, or to note Eirika's full lips. Sometimes people do focus on irrelevant details in the middle of something stressful, though, and maybe that's what you were going for.
kittykatloren chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Another very great piece! Neimi is a very underrated character; possibly because people see her as too stereotypical, a little crybaby girl always depending on Colm. But you wrote her wonderfully. Not too weak and not too strong. I like the brief inclusions of the other characters as well - really gives a feel for how every member of the army would work together.

Really nice, I hope to see more like these in the future!