Reviews for Lantern Slides
Phyllis chapter 3 . 4/6/2013
These are great. I hope that you will continue writing.
Borrowed Twenties chapter 3 . 6/2/2011
You've captured the characters perfectly, and this is both insightful and revealing, shedding light on just who they are, how they work, and it's a very refreshing story you have here, good job.
rose-of-alabaster chapter 2 . 5/2/2011
Wow that made me laugh. I love the mental image of Gen trying to distract Irene. It's so precious. And I love how you chose to write this from the point of view of much older men (and especially Teleus 'cause he's so awesome).
Rainchecker chapter 3 . 8/16/2010
I enjoyed all three chapters and hope there will be more. The third was by far my favorite, but each was an engaging and entertaining read. The first was pure sweet fluff, a fantasy I could see Gen having. The second was more suprising, I never thought of Teleus being interested in the queen. If you'll pardon my saying so, it seemed rather out of character. Each reader has their own interpretation, and you have the right to yours. Perhaps I am missing something in the text. The third was my favorite, because it was the deepest and most insightful. I loved the way the Magus described Gen, the whole chapter gave me new insight into both their characters. On the downside Attolia seemed unnecessarily cold and flippant about Gen's condition. I thought that she should show more remorse. Overall though you have a good grasp of the characters and clever ideas for their topics of convorsation. Just remember that Attolia has something of a tender side too, especially when it comes to Gen. You're an excellent writer and I hope to see an update soon.
LadyRuthless chapter 3 . 8/7/2010
This is really really good. You've captured the characters exactly. Excellent canon work. It's nice to see such quality and care for one of my favorite book series. Please continue!
Phantomhobbitses chapter 3 . 8/5/2010
I love these stories.

I especially love Eugenides when he is producing objects from behind the queen's ear. And the magus when he explains how he came to care so much for both sophos and Gen. Very good.
KrisEleven chapter 3 . 7/14/2010
I loved it. Great interactions between them. I loved the quote you used at the beginning, and I loved the final bit of the conversation. you really captured her guilt and her acceptance of her guilt. I loved how you brought the magus out in this; it was sad and completely believable.

Good job!

Callisto Anaxandra chapter 3 . 7/14/2010
I really enjoyed your story-all of the chapters! I think your take on the Magus and his backstory in this chapter is very intuitive. However, I feel like there might be some more political-ness to his motivations.
nvavnva chapter 3 . 7/13/2010
good chapter! i love this story. plz keep going!
someone179 chapter 3 . 7/13/2010
another great chapter xD
aria chapter 2 . 7/11/2010
this has to be the best queen's thief fic on ffnet. i love how you took simple moments and made them so illuminating. i love the writing, and i love how well you kept the people in character. thanks so much for this
KrisEleven chapter 2 . 7/10/2010
Another adorable scene. I loved the descriptions of the four of them at the end; it was so in character and really, really cute. I'm not sure about the magus or Teleus seeing them as children - they have too much respect for them, really - but I liked the emotions you had in it, and I liked the way you put it all together and had everyone react. Good job!

Jinke chapter 2 . 7/3/2010
The end of this chapter was cute :D please update again!
someone179 chapter 2 . 6/7/2010
oddly cute :)
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
That was absolutely the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. It was so, so, so in character and original and I am rambling, but I really liked it!

Make sure you get a beta before you post. The storyline was perfect and would have been even better without the little mistakes I noted.

""For example." Eugenides said..." (My favourite line, but there should be a comma, not a period, after 'example')

""We would be bored." Irene replied." (Ditto)

And lots of the last few lines, as well. Remember the 's/he said/asked/declared, etc, is technically a continuation of the sentence within the quotation marks, so when you have a sentence like that it has to be a comma and then an uncapitalized word (unless it's a proper noun).

You have such an amazing grasp of the characters, their relationship, and the way they have to relate to their world. PLEASE write more!