Reviews for Lord and Lady Rahl
SylverEyes chapter 2 . 1/17/2011
Yes. Kahlan will love her son no matter who he is, and Rahl has some measure of affection for them both even if he won't admit it anyone, not even himself. I like this a lot, I really do think that this is possible in all the years that they spend together and how well Rahl treats her despite everything.
tinylexie chapter 2 . 8/2/2010
I love hearing Darken Rahl’s point of view. I believe that he genuinely came to love Kahlan in “Reckoning,” or at the very least he loved her as much as it was possible for him to love. I believe that he wanted to have a real family with Kahlan. I like how you mention Cara but didn’t cast Kahlan aside. I think that when Kahlan told Darken Rahl he wasn’t capable of being loved in “Conversion,” she sparked something inside him that Cara, despite her fierce nature (which I think Darken Rahl likes in a woman) could never spark inside him. I find it understandable that Darken Rahl could become obsessed with Kahlan. I can also see that obsession slowly turning into something else, something more meaningful. I also like how Darken Rahl wanted to be a better father to Nicholas than his father was to him.
adamsfamily chapter 2 . 8/2/2010
Thanks for writing Darken's point of view. Very poignant. I think that it is very significant that since the birth of their son, Darken has clearly never forced physical intimacy on Kahlan but has left that decision up to her. He clearly values and respects her.

I wish Darken would give Cara more credit though. She is just as strong as Kahlan and, in my opinion, would be a more compatable companion for him. Of course, Darken has lost Cara to the future just as Kahlan has lost Richard.
AceofHadeon chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Congratulations! You have been Recc'd by the Seekers of Fic! reccseekers

Seekers of Fic is a new LJ community whose aim is to bring together Recs for all the best LotS fic in one place.

You can see your Rec here: .
Lavernae chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Beautifully done. I loved how you described Kahlen’s inner battle between hating him and, well, hating him less. I totally agree with the others that it would be impossible for her to keep hating him all those years, especially with Darken being so kind to her. I too believe that Darken just wanted to have a happy family and be loved.
adamsfamily chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Wow. I somehow missed this story when it was put on this site. I am fascinated with the whole Rahl/Kahlan relationship in Reckoning. I like that you are one of the few authors who actually give her some doubts and uncertainty about her situation. Love the comment that hate is not the opposite of love, but indifference is. She is definitely not indifferent to Rahl. Good job.
meltin2me chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
Very nice. I'm so intrigued by the AU Rahl/Kahlan storyline. I too can't believe she could spend all those years with and raise a child with him and not eventually start to see him a little differently.
tinylexie chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I loved this. I agree that Darken Rahl showed a really human side in “Reckoning,” and I wish we could have seen more of Darken Rahl, Kahlan, and Nicholas in this episode. I would have liked to have seen a moment where Kahlan really considered whether or not she should betray Darken with their Confessor child. It would have been interesting to see her conflicted between Richard and Darken. However, in the episode, we may have saw Kahlan’s love for Nicholas but with Darken Rahl, we only saw her hatred of him. I have to imagine that after being a captive of Darken Rahl for all those years, Kahlan could not have completely hated him. Very well written piece from Kahlan’s point of view. Good job. Could we perhaps have a short piece from Darken Rahl’s point of view? I really do believe that he wanted to have a true family with Kahlan and Nicholas.