Reviews for Can't Catch a Break
thatsyou chapter 3 . 6/19/2010
Oh no. I'm so glad that you updated! Please make it all alright.
Winteroses chapter 3 . 6/18/2010
Aw! Please let Pepper be okay! Let her have the baby! Please update soon!
clueless c chapter 3 . 6/18/2010
exrtoidinary work youre doing here. i hope pepper doesnt kill the poor little baby. keep up the good work and update soon!
Miranda Aurelia chapter 3 . 6/18/2010
Love what you've written so far. Looking forward to the next update!
Monalisa303 chapter 2 . 6/18/2010
I'm eager to see where you take this. Nice job.
clueless c chapter 2 . 6/17/2010
hurry up and update! i like this story! does tony try to hunt pepper down? does she tell rhodey? can't be answered if you don't update!
loonyXtune chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
ah-mazing story! please update soon! i hope tony wises up and gets pepper!
Winteroses chapter 2 . 6/5/2010
Aw! This was so sad:( I hope Pepper's okay! I want her to have the baby! If she is pregnant at least. Oh update soon! (If i beg will it make you update soon?)
WinterMission chapter 2 . 6/3/2010
I realy like how the story is going but I have a question...

Are you gonna it follow that path were Pepper leaves and they don't see eachother for years but theire still in love and pepper has the baby or No baby and just some drama love thing gonna happen?

Sorry if I sounded rude... but I'm corius!XD
Hpluvr7 chapter 2 . 5/29/2010
dun dun dun! the plot thickens! completely loving this story! update soon for the sake of my sanity!
hunter2010 chapter 2 . 5/23/2010
I rather like your writing style and the story is very dramatic as it is. But I'm sorry because I'm VERY distracted by the lack of research done on pregnancies... I've never been pregnant before so I can't speak out of personal experience but at the very least do a Google search on pregnancies please. There are other methods of finding out what a pregnancy is like other than through firsthand or secondhand knowledge. Also, knowing just how the fertility cycle works helps a lot with the logic of how a pregnancy would work- this is something that should be pretty common knowledge for a woman since every woman has suffered through a period before.

First of all, the beginning of a pregnancy is 2 parts: fertilization (or conception) and implantation. The morning after pill is supposed to prevent implantation if an egg was fertilized although the effectiveness goes down the longer you wait so it's entirely feasible for women to have taken the morning after pill and still get pregnant. So far, there are only 2 chapters which seem to cover a span of 2 days and the night before. The reason why I mention this? It's because your timeline is way too accelerated. Let's try to calculate a hypothetical pregnancy for Pepper. If Pepper was already ovulating when she slept with Tony and conception occurred and the morning after pill didn't prevent implantation, it would still take at least 3 days for the egg to actually implant in the uterine lining. She would not be experiencing any pregnancy symptoms the day after conception because she's not technically pregnant yet. Also, even though morning sickness is one of the symptoms of pregnancy people think of, the first sign is usually bleeding/spotting from the implantation of the egg itself that some women can mistake for their period. At the quickest, morning sickness doesn't occur until 2-3 weeks after pregnancy so really, it seems like Pepper's just suffering from a hangover herself. Morning sickness itself is a symptom for pregnancy because it is an immune system response to what it thinks is an infection. Also, for a pregnancy test to even test accurately at all would require at least a week after implantation occurs so that's usually a little over a week and a half after conception- this is assuming that the pregnancy test is very accurate and very sensitive and it's not a false positive. Also, it's VERY easy for a pregnancy test to return a negative result especially in the early days of pregnancy because the pregnancy hormone the test is detecting is at too low a level to return a positive.

I don't want to discourage you but 2 days is just breaking reality for me. Maybe more time than I knew had passed but if so, maybe you can clarify it because the way it is reading now, your timeline is:

Night 0 - Drunken Sex

Day 1 - Pepper leaves Tony to get Plan B before going to meeting

Day 2 - Pepper hires a replacement PA for Tony (presumably after getting a pregnancy test after the meeting)

My only criticism is the lack of research, which is distracting. Your description, grammar and writing style is very good and other than the fact that the timeline is too rushed, the story is very dramatic and I can definitely see the tension. I would like to see you update soon as the direction of the story is very interesting.
Oliverdumperdinkle chapter 2 . 5/20/2010
You write very well. I have never posted anything myself but I have read alot and there are many stories on here that can never quite grasp whatever concept they're trying to sell. You do it beautifully. I caught a couple of spelling and grammar mistakes but only minor ones that in no way interfered with the story. Of course now I don't remember what they were :) But I liked it very much and I'm curious as to how it will all play out. Please update soon!
Lady Imara chapter 2 . 5/20/2010
Oh snap, new secretary. Wonder how Tony is going to react to that.
whenyoucall chapter 2 . 5/20/2010
Keep going! Love itt!
brandyo123 chapter 2 . 5/19/2010
Love it! I have never been pregnant either so I don't have any help for you in that department... but it's great and I'm so looking forward to the next update!
80 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »