Reviews for Burn You Up and I'll Burn You Down
Demon's Trill chapter 6 . 8/31/2014
I really liked this verse too, but I kind of miss the Master, the brilliant, energict and evil Master.
But I liked this.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
You do realize that heroes are heroes because THEY DON'T DO SHIT LIKE THIS, right?
greieve chapter 6 . 2/11/2013
Damn, this was really intense in the beginning, but it was actually really good because everything Jack and the Doctor had to do made perfect sense. I felt so bad for the Master when he was going through all that terrible torture, and somehow I think there could've been another way, and I think the Doctor knew it too. But he chose the simplest and quickest way to break the Master, so that's gotta account for something, right? I really like how you had the Doctor visit his past companions so that the Master could apologize and whatnot. And I also thought it was really clever to have the Eleventh Doctor present instead of Ten. There's been so much done with him that it's kinda nice to see the Master with Eleven for a change. You did a great job with the Master's new mindset, and I loved what he said at the end when the Doctor asked if he forgave him. Amazing story
TeamDean79 chapter 2 . 12/9/2012
I'm sorry about this, but...I can't read any more. I find this extremely, extremely OOC, and if this was, somehow, in-character, I would hate the Doctor. I read 'My Ghosts Like to Travel' before this, and I honestly believe that if the Ponds knew about this (and were in character), they would pack up and leave, and try to take the Master with them (no idea what they'd do with him, but still), and Rory would inform the Doctor that if he tried to come near him, Amy, or his daughter again, Rory would stab him through the eye with a sword. I suppose I'll have to read "sequels" to this and try to pretend that I never read this.
Ditto Redeaux chapter 6 . 12/4/2012
I don't know why I read this, shouldn't have obviously, maybe by this point I've been conditioned to be a glutton for self punishment. Maybe I just hoped things would turn out differently for the Master.
but sure its an effective punishment, it's a shadow life and a constant threat, and years of scrubbing layers of filth off in the shower, and never being good enough to be around other people because you're a filthy diseased monster who doesn't deserve to live but isn't good enough to die, and gods I'm glad I'm mortal, because I don't think I'd be able to live with it that long.
mericat chapter 6 . 8/8/2012
Very very good.
GuesssWho chapter 5 . 7/13/2012
This is kind of horrible and I'd like some Jack torturing to make up for it. Maybe have EoT!Master eat him a few hundred times.
Darkened Eternity chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
And I agree that I'd like to kill Jack slowly and very painfully.
Darkened Eternity chapter 6 . 7/2/2011
APART from all the Non con I liked it T-T
TheGirlWithTheOnyxRose chapter 6 . 6/25/2011
Im sorry but, just... No!

This is absolutely horrible. I dont see how RAPING some one repeatedly is a form of justice! Just...NO
Glorydays chapter 5 . 4/19/2011
This is uncomfortably fantastic and I am really impressed.

I love that you had a clever backstory, and plot running through it though I do feel terribly sorry for the Master.

Thanks for the read :)
AJK200001 chapter 6 . 2/2/2011
I know that you probably have your own River Song Back-story, but I think that it would be neat to find that the Reformed Master Regenerated into a Woman, and named himself River Song. That way they could both still be Together.
Indigo1100 chapter 5 . 1/12/2011
This is actually a review for chapter 6, but I already have a review for that because that's how I reviewed the overall story, so:

I'm rereading this chapter now, and wow, there's a lot of things that I guess I either missed before, or overlooked, and they're really cool. Your explanation of why Martha is with Mickey and not Tom, which can be seen as a canon plot hole (a very good explanation, too), the comment to Wilf about 'cleaner', the 'sometimes doing something bad' thing for the TARDIS that can also refer or at least invoke the events of the story, etc.

And I really (this was true when I read it before, too) find the Master-Doctor dynamic here, and the Master's behavior in general, absolutely fascinating. Waiting to be called and looking at his shoes and leaving as soon as he can and his apologies and all, and yet he still has his own traits too, still somewhat domineering, somewhat manipulative, but on the kind of scale that it can work for someone, particularly when they'e not alone.

And the Doctor... I like how you show him here too. Humor with Mickey and Martha and 'comforting' Wilf, but the past still weighing on his mind, kissing the Master like that in what seems like a combo of something for the pair, and for him, and for the Master, treating even 'heavy' things in his own way of putting them ('possibly conquered a few civilization'), acknowledging the same issue Wilf does, but just dealing with them as a fact of every-day, and still optimistic and all for it all. And I'm glad he can say he's happy (I'm having a little flashback to a moment he *couldn't* say that, here). And I'm glad he has these companions- good job being perceptive, Amy.

So anyway, a somewhat late thank you for the chapter. Thanks!
smiles2go chapter 6 . 12/23/2010
Love this fic. I like how you gave Jack power-telephathic and able to get his own back from the Master. I like how you fixed all the problems.
Atalanta Pendragonne chapter 6 . 11/19/2010
Oh sweet Cthulhu, this is wonderful and brilliant and the only thing wrong about it is that my girlfriend doesn't watch Doctor Who and wouldn't appreciate it.