Reviews for Fangirls: A Hobbit's Guide to Self-Protection
Seaside Fantasies chapter 1 . 10/13/2015
This just made my entire day. Very good delivery, and some of the ways to avoid fangirls genuinely made me chuckle (lock your attractive husbands inside the house!). Keep up the good work!
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
"I truly need to apologize for my nasty review that I wrote on here. It was disrespectful and cruel. Also, when looking through my review history, I noticed that most of the nasty reviews began in February of this year, which shouldn't have happened. Anyway, what I really wanted to say is during late September of last year to early March of this year my mind was in a warped state, which wasn't snapped out of until Thalion Estel did something, which I truly thank her for that. I don't think The Lord of the Rings is Satanic and is actually Christian-based. Those comments I gave never should have happened, and I'm sorry I wrote them in this story and in a couple of other stories. It was wrong of me and I am truly sorry about all of this. This shouldn't have happened. At least now, I'm rebuilding what I lost and getting back into fantasy, and back into The Lord of the Rings again. Again, I apologize to those who read the nasty review I wrote, and I hope you and the readers get a chance to read this retraction."

This was me, I just didn't log in.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
Prince Chrom chapter 1 . 3/1/2015
I like this.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
Good advice, but the one thing I learned about the Undying Lands is it's Purgatory, and J.R.R. Tolkien himself wrote in one of his letters that Purgatory is supposed to be for healing, not suffering... it's a load of rubbish. Purgatory has always been a place of suffering and sending Frodo there as a reward is also plain rubbish. Either way, I would suggest either telling your own fanfiction story that is original and does not follow the original canon or finding another fandom. Those books J.R.R. Tolkien wrote are Satanic and not something to be cherished. I do feel sorry for some of the characters, but Frodo especially since he went through the most torture by the author (I bet Frodo's not happy about all that he went through). So, fans, don't tell me Tolkien's rolling in his grave, because I have a feeling I know where he is right now and it's not a good place.

Aside from my rant, this story, this guide, has been useful, at least on Fangirl bashing. I approve of Fangirl bashing because I used to be a fan. While I am still a fan of Frodo Baggins, it's not as strong as it used to be and I'm glad. It's not the end of the world for fans if you break out of the fandom trance; you'll live.
Star of the Wolf chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
This story just made my day! I absolutely love it. Thank you so much for the wonderful (and completely accurate) Mary-Sue bashing! Many a time have I read MSs and wanted to scream at the characters to run, to leave them immediately, to resist their charm. Now they might have a chance! We should probably supply a copy of this to every character in Arda, just as a precaution.

I immensely enjoyed every part of this story, and I can't even tell you my favorite part; it's all just that good! :D

Ithillaer
ohfuckthis chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
Too true! I applaud you!
Estelle Tiniwiel chapter 1 . 2/15/2006
I like this one. The style and delivery is good and the whole thing is very well written.
Hobbitprincess chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
This is hilarious. Am slightly upset now. How am i supposed to attack Frodo if he knows how to escapes from me.

1 point - as a mad fangirl obsessed with Elijah Wood i don't have to resort to corsets, heaving bosoms or velvet.

I loved this fic - one of the only fics ive ever read and enjoyed that isn't slash.
Elwen chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
I'm trying to laugh but these corset stays keep digging in!
Legolas's Girl 9 chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
*falls on the floor laughing* hillarious.
Devi11 chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
Very amusing, I like it!
Xiaou Nem chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
mm.. great story
Nallasariel the Weeper chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
Hello.
Hilarious! I almost laughed when I read that last line (I haven't laughed for a very long time, but that's me. I'm a Weeper). Poor Legolas needs one too... Perhaps make a story in which Fangirl on the Hunt finds a strange manual while tracking Legolas (Apparently, it was dropped while trying to escape).
My only problrm with it was it made ME sound like a Fangirl *shudder*. Legolas was my favorite long before the movies came out, and yet I have been accused of obsession. I have done nothing along those lines, and I respect his character enought to never make a romance.
Stupid fangirls. They give every other things remotely related to a romance or female OCs a bad name.
Namárië,
*~Nallasariel the Weeper
Softballchick10290 chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
This is so funny. I was reading this with my friend and we fell out of out chairs laughing so hard. It took us a while to recover. This is wonderful.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »