Reviews for Webs
Oh Luke...:(
awesomenessmcawesomess chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
Nice.
htmlxghost chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
Thank you for writing this story ! I've been looking for a fanfic in which Luke's character is... let's say "understood", for a very long time, and I'm glad I found yours.
I'm sorry if there are mistakes in this review (I'm French), but I couldn't just go away without telling you how I felt about your story.
baby Cyclopes chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
I love this!

FoalyWinsForever chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
... Ouch. Um. Well.

I mean, it was awesome. Perfect mechanics, flow, the whole shebang, but... jeez. Why do I always stumble across the depressing ones when I'm already having a mortality crisis? XD

I swear, every day I find myself more and more fond of Luke, Ethan, and of course Chris.

Your last few comments about Hades, the macabre sense of humor and all, were brilliant. I just had about four ideas for drabbles; would you mind terribly if I ripped you off slightly? Just something about Hades going all Grim Reaper and deliberately taking people at decidedly inopportune moments, or something about him during the Battle of Manhattan... I figure that even if he himself isn't there, some small part of him is every time someone dies. Maybe. Creative license, I suppose.

Okay, sorry, getting slightly distracted there. Oh, yes, this line: "And he finally dares to examine the perfect web and find the gaping holes." I love the implication that some part of him knew all along, but he refused to see, rather than that Kronos had honestly completely tricked him.

I'm going to look up that song now.
Lieutenant Of Artemis chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Very sweet. I almost cried if it weren't for the non privacy issue. Great writing.

-Lieutenant of Artemis
Musafreen chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
First thing I did when I saw this was download Rabbit Heart and listen to it. I fell in love after the first couple of times; so thinks for that.

Now I'm actually reading the story;

'to see his father finally look upon him with a proud smile.' seems out of place. Maybe forcing his father to acknowledge his worth' would be better for the context, seeing as how he's considering an alliance with Kronos at the point. Unless you have justification?

I love the webs analogy. And I found the song particularly perfect for the first two sections. Beautifully written, of course. Very lucid. And tragic, somehow.

I love a lot of the lines. 'Twenty-three is no age to die, even as a noble martyr.', 'doesn't look particularly noble in the end' and that's just from the last section.

Nice. :)
Mission to Marzipan chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
I LOVE Florence and the Machine, and I love that song, and it fitted so well and was used so well, which I really liked. I really liked this fic; I loved the analogy of the web running throughout, I loved Luke suddenly finding gaping holes in the web, as is the nature of a web, and sacrificing himself for the greater good. It was really poignant, really good work, and a nice insight into Luke, the reasons for his betrayal and then his return to the light. Nice.

I also noticed em dashes! Which made me flail like the grammar nerd I am. I love seeing those long dashes in fic, because they're so rare and people tend to just use hyphens, which makes me kind of itchy. The only thing I would say about this fic, just to be constructive, is that I think there should be a space on either side of a long dash like that, and also there were a couple of places where there should have been an em dash and there wasn't, although this might have been chewing up and spitting out your formatting, I don't know. Do not hate me for pointing it out!

I really liked this. I am going to favourite it, as I must do every time I find a fic in this fandom that doesn't make me want to leap in front of an oncoming train.

Nice work.

Mission to Marzipan, over and out.
oneforthemoneyy chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Brilliance. You completely captured Luke's feelings and thoughts in this fic. The lyrics really brought out intense insight. Wonderful work!
Satsu-chan chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
I feel weird reviewing haha but anyways, this was really, really well written (obviously) and I absolutely LOVE Florence The Machine! The song lyrics also worked very well. I hope that you win!
Jane Cahill chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Wow . . . This was really good. The song lyrics fit perfectly, and Luke's emotions were portrayed impeccably. The style as well; it was amazing.

Implied Thuke. I liked it.

Great job! I hope you win for the prompt. :)
JessieRedbird chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
You made me sniffle just a little bit...absoluetly wonderful Kal. Really. You're age and the quality of this fic just doesn't make sense to me...I guess the sayings right, age IS just a number.

The song -squeels!- fit so beautifully with the concepts. I love you for writing this, instant fav. Keep up the amazing work

Jess.
AC Thorn chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
-is guilty of reading a while ago and not reviewing-

Hehe...

Anyway, I really enjoyed this. The wording flowed well and it reflected deep thought. I just think the ending was a bit direct, but it's still good.

Thorn
Clarisse the Wild chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Oh. My. God. This was beautifully written. Your vocabulary was rich and your writing style is engaging. By the end of the fic, I was feeling really bad for Luke, though in the books I never even liked him.
hallowedhalls chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Awwww... Kal! You're making me cry... TT_TT

I love the song you used for the headings. I've never heard of it before but it seems to fit.

Wahhh! Why'd you have to remind me that Luke is dead?

But it was really, really good! *luffles Kal*