Reviews for Georgia on My Mind
Utena-Puchiko-nyu chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
I loved this sequel! It make me cry ;.;
Lady Typewriter chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
I don't know if you still look at these reviews or this website but I've read through your Batman fics about seven times now and I felt like I should say something.
I don't know what it is exactly about your stories that make me want to read them through over and over again but they're really quite excellent. I absolutely love your way of writing, and the way you characterize Jonathan is just perfect, as are your interpretations of the other characters.
I really hope that, whatever you're doing with your life, you still enjoy writing. You're really very good at it and these stories are especially compelling. It makes me want to write more stories of my own.
Thank you very much for writing these.
masterdisk chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
awesome sequel!
Crow's Talon chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
This is one of the best, if not the best, Scarecrow stories I have ever read. The grammar and phrasing are absolutely perfect and I love your fluid use of language. The way you deal with Crane is fascinating, especially the idea of him making some small steps toward reformation and overcoming his horrific childhood. The scene involving Crane psychologically confronting Mary Keeny at her gravesite was both poignant and perfect for the character, especially since facing his childhood abuser is an important step for Crane to move on,

Crane's return to the aviary as an adult was another emotionally powerful scene. However, your greatest achievement besides your incredible writing is that you made a relationship between Jonathan Crane and Bruce Wayne not only plausible, but very believable, and your description was top-notch. I was also extremely pleased to see that this story uses my personal favorite Crane origin in Scarecrow: Year One. The references to that comic were well-done and well-researched, and the Year One backstory nicely fits Nolanverse Crane.

This was an extraordinarily well-written story and an excellent take on Jonathan Crane's past. Great job, and thank you for this brilliant piece.
Kaszz-chan chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Its official, this is my favorite series on this site!
Lady of Infinity chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
ZOMG I had just finished 'Shadow Selves' but I just had to read 'Georgia on My Mind' right afterwards... again... and I was left speechless. I'm still speechless. It was such an amazing journey to watch Bruce and Jonathan's relationship grow. Thank you so much for writing these stories.

lol okay okay, I admit I read this one before Shadow Selves, but even though I knew they had a happy ending, I kept hiding behind my hands at some points during Shadow Selves. I kept think OMG how are they going to get through this. That goes to show how awesome you are as a writer. It was still powerful even though I knew how it was going to end.

I really hope this is not the end for Bruce and Jonathan because I want to read more!
dear cecil chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Thank you so much for this. It's a beautiful follow-up to Shadow Selves, and I love the sense of closure it gives. Jonathan's reaction to his great-grandmother's grave was stunning; the evidence of how far he's come, and of how far he still has to go, left me with a very pleasant sort of ache in my heart. Your descriptions are breathtaking, especially when it comes to Jonathan's tumultuous emotions.

So again, thank you, for your dedication and your attention to detail and just... for everything. This entire series was a rare treat, and I know I'll read it again someday, and recommend it everywhere I go.
Greed's Angel chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Oh my gosh! I would love to have a teddy bear that big! His name would be Theodore or Teddy for short and he would be my favorite sleeping buddy. (aside from Luna, Amy, and Rose who are special bears from special people) And go Jonny! Facing your fears and being nice to that cruel hag! I knew he was a good person on the inside. He even put flowers on the grave. Also, good job on still having a brain Harley. Sometimes i think she lost it when she lost her sanity, but it has shown itself again.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
very beautiful.
ghostboi chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Beautiful writing. _
so2460done chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Ah, beautiful closure :)

I loved his talk with his great grandmother, cleaning the grave.

Oooh, and the tub in the inn was actually his tub from childhood, yeah? I can only imagine the horror he would have felt, seeing Bruce inside the actual object of his torment. Then again, I may be wrong.

Gaw, this entire continuity is awesome! I really enjoyed reading it, thank you for writing it :)
Ichireiro chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
In regards to your AN around the end about Harely/Ivy, that's actually what I thought of when I read the part in the fic about Harely being bi.

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised this doesn't have more reviews. At least I get to be # 30; I prefer numbers that end in 5 or 0, as odd as that may seem.

As for the fic itself? Well...I'm at a loss for words. The thing was wonderfully written, as usual. It brought tears to my eyes, I'll admit.

And, since I'm pretty sure this will be the last fic in this series (though I may be wrong), I might as well post the mini-play list that my weird mind has come up for it. It really is odd, I'll warn you. The first one I've mentioned; "Sexy Bitch" by David Guetta featuring Akon. Now, this one is probably the oddest. As mentioned in another review though, I keep getting a mental picture of a drunken Jonathan and Harely (who wouldn't need the alcohol) dancing to it while an excited Joker watches. The second one that I want to mention is "Wonderwall" by Oasis. It makes me think of Jonathan/Bruce. Jay Brannan's "Half Boyfriend" reminds me of the Joker/Jonathan, but a few of the lines-"I've shown up for you in ways that boy never would, but I know you'll go back to him"-remind me of Scarecrow/Jonathan. There were more, but I'd feel even more silly than I do now. Oh well.

I really did enjoy the series. I'd have to to read over 100 chapters worth of it. I look forward to reading your other work.
Origin Blue chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Hi, I've really enjoyed reading this series, and I think it is incredibly well written.

Also, hello fellow asexual :)
LolitaMojita chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
So... planning on doing some more Wayne/Crane loving? There's not nearly enough.
Jimothy Bobert chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
I love what you've done here.

Something that has always bothered me about 'canon' fiction is that we very rarely (if ever) get to see a villain be rehabilitated. A superhero franchise needs its supervillains, so there isn't a lot of chance for change. That's what's so wonderful about fanfiction, and it's especially wonderful when realized by a truly skilled writer.

I hadn't ever thought about this pairing until I read your stuff, but I liked it immediately. I think it's because you do a very good job of keeping the characters true to themselves while letting them behave like human beings.

It's VERY refreshing to see a sensitive Bruce Wayne. I think that at the core of his personality is an intense desire to help people, and his 'gloominess' comes from feeling like he could fail at this. I never really bought the canon characterization of him as this callous near-psycho. Anyone can go around beating people into submission, but there should be something subtly 'better' about Batman, and I think you've captured that. Realistically, he WOULD do whatever he could to help Gotham's worst. And if Gotham's worst happens to have big blue eyes...well...I don't mind how things could evolve there.

The prose is really beautiful, there's one or two typos but I don't know if you want people to point out little things like that. They're obviously typos and not grammatical errors on your part, so it doesn't really take away from the writing. (Like, this bit: "I tilled that that. And planted. And harvested." Not sure about the double 'that'?)

The psychology is spot-on, too, and it makes the story meaningful and rich. It's clear you actually know what you're writing about, and I appreciate that. You did a very good job in handling the triggers and the ultimate confrontation of the abuse/abuser. This is how people heal in real life.

So, really, I have nothing but praise for you. Before this review degenerates into a mishmosh of doofy emoticons, I better stop writin oops, too late! :D