Reviews for Georgia on My Mind
Jimothy Bobert chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
I love what you've done here.

Something that has always bothered me about 'canon' fiction is that we very rarely (if ever) get to see a villain be rehabilitated. A superhero franchise needs its supervillains, so there isn't a lot of chance for change. That's what's so wonderful about fanfiction, and it's especially wonderful when realized by a truly skilled writer.

I hadn't ever thought about this pairing until I read your stuff, but I liked it immediately. I think it's because you do a very good job of keeping the characters true to themselves while letting them behave like human beings.

It's VERY refreshing to see a sensitive Bruce Wayne. I think that at the core of his personality is an intense desire to help people, and his 'gloominess' comes from feeling like he could fail at this. I never really bought the canon characterization of him as this callous near-psycho. Anyone can go around beating people into submission, but there should be something subtly 'better' about Batman, and I think you've captured that. Realistically, he WOULD do whatever he could to help Gotham's worst. And if Gotham's worst happens to have big blue eyes...well...I don't mind how things could evolve there.

The prose is really beautiful, there's one or two typos but I don't know if you want people to point out little things like that. They're obviously typos and not grammatical errors on your part, so it doesn't really take away from the writing. (Like, this bit: "I tilled that that. And planted. And harvested." Not sure about the double 'that'?)

The psychology is spot-on, too, and it makes the story meaningful and rich. It's clear you actually know what you're writing about, and I appreciate that. You did a very good job in handling the triggers and the ultimate confrontation of the abuse/abuser. This is how people heal in real life.

So, really, I have nothing but praise for you. Before this review degenerates into a mishmosh of doofy emoticons, I better stop writin oops, too late! :D
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
You have a wonderful way with descriptions. I love watching how Jonathan slowly faces his painful past and moves on. Him facing his fear of water at the end truly showed him taking a step in the right direction (literally and figuratively, haha).
themanwholaughs chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Okay now I'm seriosuly pissed, with myself and pretty much the rest of the world too. I feel like a first class dipshit for not reviewing this story sooner.

When I think of the literal joy that reading Shadow Selves and your other fan fics gave me, over and over again. Phoh.

The story is beautiful, it is perfect in absolutely every way and the kind of finale suitable only for a story as amazing as the previous one.

People should review this one more, you can always tell a good writer by their endings and I was terrified that I was going to be dissapointed. Its like watching Toy Story 3, you can't actually sit down and enjoy it because you are constantly preparing yourself for the end.

Anyway, enough rambling, I re-read this story again today and wanted to say thank you so much. Also you are currently my biggest inspiration as after reading TDATNTAMS, I entered some of my own work into my school and have been given an Engish scolarship. I really cannot thank you enough for the absolute joy your stories have given me.

LOL at my over-emotions, I'm being banned from the laptop for the next two weeks, so I will bawl my last this evening.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
It's been interesting to continue this with what happens next. Does the Scarecrow ever disappear? What happens when the villain becomes sane would be definitely fascinating.
makoto4ever chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
are you going to make this a multichapter? its lovely
FishyIshy chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
I really love you and this story, and this slashing! I'd be delighted if you write more of them!
SymbolicDeacon chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Thank you for giving me the best graduation present someone could give, well, asides from money at least ;)
b chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Reading this touched me in a way I've never expected fanfiction to. It's supposed to be a fun little guilty pleasure, not so well-written and -crafted as yours. I was abused as a child and Jonathan's sentiments towards his grandmother, of acceptance of his abuser's reasons for failure as a guardian coupled with the acknowledgement of the fact that it WASN'T his fault rang very true for me. I went through a similar process of acceptance and healing when I was younger (and happily did NOT kill my abuser, ha), so I just wanted to say that apart from your obvious literary skills, to me, you nailed Jonathan's reactions. He was in-character and believable, and I was touched. Now I feel silly for being so moved by fanfiction, but you have that gift. Let us FFN people know if you ever have anything published, because I have no doubt that it would be a joy to read about characters of your own creation as well. Thank you for writing.
JayTriesToSpYLOLZ chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
the next story can you make a LONG one (many chapters) about the life Bruce and Jonathen have when Jonathen gets released from the 'hospital'
GiveTheDevilHisDue chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
That was touching on so many levels. As odd as this pairing is, I can't help but love it, and I attest that mainly to your writing. It's just fantanstic.

"She doesn't deserve this."

"What she deserved was to have the grave left dirty, urinated on, and then abandoned again, this time forever."

That made me laugh and feel terrible all at the same time. However, Crane telling his great-grandmother that he is in a relationship with billionare Bruce Wanye is just plain awesome. Woman's probably rolling over in her grave. I'm pretty sure this is all how Jonathan is dealing with seeing the grave, his home, and remembering all the horror he experienced as a kid, but still, it was great.

Bruce's concern is really very touching, but I feel like he'd be really awkward with this kind of thing.

Again, I love Jonathan's conflictions about grieving. I can understand that his great-graendmother was terrible and cruel, but she was really all he had. People don't just forget that. Especially Crane. I'm pretty sure the guy needs to be told he's amazing on a consistant basis. He's just that insecure and narcassitic.

Great story and I can't wait for the continuing stories!
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
There’s something really strange about seeing him happy. As strange as seeing a happy Two-Face would be. But it’s sweet. The scene at the graveyard is pretty perfect, really shows he’s changed drastically from his Begins days.

What will the next story be? Continuation of this or the other series? I’m not sure which one I like better, but I think I lean towards criminal Crane.
La Belle Demoiselle chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Oh my goodness gracious...I am actually grinning like an idiot right now. I admit, I have been waiting for this one-shot since...er, well, probably since the end of Shadow Selves.

Thank you so much for posting this, you really made my night. :)
Black-Dranzer-1119 chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
YAY! It's posted. I had to check after you sent me that review reply to see if you had posted it and I was so happy to find out you had. This was really awesome as I knew it would be and it was so cool how it answered the two questions I was really curious about. 1. What exactly did Bruce and Jonathan say to the people ofd Arkam about how they met and 2. How did they react to the news. So thank you. It was so cool how you had Jonathan facing up to his fears in this one and was able to say what he needed to say in order to start to move on from his past. Bruce has been so good too. It must be really hard to be put in that sort of situation... It's funny I only just thought, I wonder what happened to Gotham while batman was gone lol.
MissPessimist chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
I love the Plains Inn! I went there two years ago, and sadly did not stay in the 40's suite.

I love this, I've always imagined what it would be like if Jonathan went back to Georgia.

Thanks for the story!
CornGold chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Oh, the next story, hurray!

And as always, it's off to a good start. I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes, particularly with how much the situation's changed in the past two years.
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »