Reviews for Georgia on My Mind
Scary Vampiress chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Wonderful! Jonathan working on closure! :D I hope that he can now put his childhood behind him. Love it. Can't wait for the next one!

33333
Elia Black-cat chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Yaaaay! The story returns!

Very nice opening chapter.
Hobo Zombie chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Hello

I've never written a review on this site before, but I have to say that your stories definately constitute that I write one.

I've never read anything as amazing as this series.

The first time I stumbled upon Act Like We Are Fools, I remember spending 12 hours straight(I literally sat there from noon to midnight) reading the whole story. And when I finished it, I remember crying, and thats saying something because I don't cry easy.

It took me about 2 months before I discovered you had wrote squeals to the story. Immediately, I started reading them constantly. It took me about 2 weeks to read through them, up to the latest chapter at that time(I think it was chapter 93 of Shadow Selves). I checked back practically every hour after that to see if the newest chapter was up, I couldn't wait to read the ending.

And after it was over, I simply couldn't wait for this story. In the meantime, I was reading all of my favorite pats over again. And again. And again.

I just got on to see if this story had been started, and I have to admit I was overjoyed to see it's up(Joygasm! Lol).It is so amazing so far, I just can't wait to keep reading! :)

Sorry I delayed reviewing for so long, I feel sort of bad for that. But I love your stories and I really appreciate the time you spend to write them(I mean, it must take a while to write a chapter). If you ever have anything published, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Can't wait to read more, and expect a fanart picture or two in the future from me. c:

Have a good day!
Derp chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
That was just so touching, and powerful, and unbelievably moving. I was so happy to see this update; Shadow Selves will always be one of my favorite pieces of fiction.

Everything you write about feels so real. Nothing is ever over dramatic or cliche. It just feels so... natural.

Thank you so much for sharing this.
TheOtherMaddHatter chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
I can see Jonathan doing all of these things, even years after all this happened, especially if he got the help and support that he needed to fill the emotional and physical void left by that woman. (She's a terrible parental figure, and if I could, I'd slap the shit out of her myself.)

And Arlen is not a real place, no, thank god, but there's a city that I think it was based off of near the border of Georgia and Tennessee that's name is something similar. It is called Cotton Crossroads, I believe, near another town called Lumpkin. They fit the stereotype town, and they are near the southern borders of Georgia, near the national forest down there, away from civilization. :D (Just in case you're interested, that's what I base my mental Arlen on.)

Also, I was reading this while watching the new Cillian Murphy movie "Peacock" and I think that you should watch it. The main character reminds me of Jonny so much, not to mention his name is also Jon. (And his mother was very abusive.) I think you'd like the mind fuckery it gives in the end, very satisfying.

Katie
Metallover130 chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
I've been waiting for this since the end of Shadow Selves.

THANK YOU.

I was trying so very hard not to laugh, because my roommate is four feet away sound asleep and her fury would have been incomprehensible if I woke her up over a Bat-lulz.
J-Horror Girl chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
This ought to be a ballad by a legendary singer, John Mellencamp springs to mind, possibly because of that song with 'Blood on the Scarecrow' in the lyrics. It has thst sort of emotion among the rustic fields and worn out dirt roads. Jonny going home, if in not exactly triumph but with at least a friend and lover-how could that not make for a moving and memorable story. And they're so careful with each other, like eggshells.

Dare I say I find this beautiful?

Thank you for another great read.

JHG
ixamxeverywhere chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
a few sentences into it and I was practically squealing. I'm so happy you're making another sequal. 3 GO LAURALOT! :D
King0fCrows chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
DUDE! This was awesome, and SOOOO adorable! I was so happy when I saw this in my inbox.
QuipsterQuisling chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
I'm left unsure of what to think, honestly. On the one hand the way he's recovering, especially with how he's dealing with his fears, is handled very well. On the other, I love crazy, mad Scarecrow, too, so I can only hope that he never goes completely normal(ish).

I was terribly amused by the bit about allergies. They're so bad here it's not even funny; there's generally a two month period when everyone's cars are yellow from pollen. The idea that Batman has to suffer through that just as much as I do was hilarious.
GreyLiliy chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
Yay! A continuation of my favorite~ Glee I say. Glee.

First off - the cover story was fantastic, if only for Joan's reactions. I feel Bruce was close to being a patient himself for a bit there. But it was wonderful, as were everyone elses' - and I do wonder if Bruce sprung for some paint.

Speaking of Bruce being adorable (for a change) him cooing all of all the 40's stuff was great. Especially him considering his lock picks. Batman skills for curiosity - wonderful. Can't forget the allergies either. Batman with the sniffles. Glorious.

And then there's Joan with her dislike of Bruce. It's almost cute that she's got a button on what's going on - but can't prove it. At least she got a hug out of the whole ordeal.

Harley was pretty fun herself~ Theories on Bruce's crush and freaking poor Jonathan out. Made more amusing by the fact Eddie figured it out first, naturally.

And of course Jonathan - giving hugs out everywhere as he gets better. But his shining moment was the conversation with his grandmother. Never done so myself, but it was fitting. As was introducing Bruce - a wonderful take on a classic scene in literature and movies. It was up there with cleaning the stone & sticking to his country values. Especially when it all lead up to a wonderful final parting words & apology.

But back to the squeeing. GAH they're adorable. Bruce worrying. Jonathan trying to be considerate. Them both behaving. Just all of it. XD

My favorite lines however:

"Tetch?"

Harley had shrugged. "It's all Carroll to me."

Right up there with Bruce's IQ being that of a cotton ball.

Loved it~
washedupseaweed chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I love that your fragmented Jonathan is finally able to move on with his life! hope to read more in this 'verse soon.
42 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3