Reviews for Gilead
Vivian H chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
This is beautiful, very melancholic but gorgeous writing. Thank you.
vfft chapter 1 . 2/2/2015
You may not be checking this FF account anymore, but just wanted to say...wow. This story was just beautifully written, moody, but still a happy ending. Definitely one to treasure. I never cry over fanfiction stories...except for this one and one other. Thanks for writing this, o literary artist.
ANAHI'Simagnation chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
Oh My God this was so beautiful! I liked the way you ended it but at the same time i wish you can continue this.
Maya chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
pls write a novel thank you good bye
Miss Lyla chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
This is beautiful, it really is.

Its just I would have enjoyed much more if I wasnt brazilian. I mean, it took me a while to realize that Jess was in Brazil, because you wrote Sao Paolo, when its really São Paulo. Not to mention, that hes supposed to help some guy named Antonio with the shrimps he gets, but São Paulo doesnt have a beach and the nearest beach is far enough that that part of the story doesnt make sense. Also, where did you get the name Aitana? Because I can assure Ive never seen that name in my entire life, but I got the feeling this woman is supposed to be brazilian. And finally, when Jess says to Aitana "É bem", it made me wonder how he managed to convince the building that hes fluent in Portuguese, because that sounded like Portuguese from Portugal and not, you know, brazilian portuguese.

But it is a really beautiful story. Theres a kind of poetic flow and I liked this style of writing very much.
ArdentTVFiend chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Hey... I don't know why I am on this site. I haven't been for...5 (?) years now. When Rory and Jess were together 10 years ago, I could hardly grasp the challenges in their relationship, a teenager just myself. I've been thinking about them again, the last 2 days... and what it means a decade later. I think if anyone would be able to write their reunion in adulthood, with the elegance it deserves, it'd be you.
jo821 chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
This story was so touchingly beautiful, it's the kind of fan-made fiction that makes me like Literati more and more - so many of its authors are well-read and it makes it all the more intense.

That aside, I was really curious as to why you chose Brazil as Jess' destination and had so many references in the story, as I am Portuguese and it's not common to see foreigners so familiar with the language. Are you Brazilian yourself?

Best of luck with your writing!
talieful chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
So I'm just discovering Gilmore Girls fanfiction now, and have become completely addicted.

I don't know if you still write anymore or even check this account, burning hope you do because I loved ALL your stories (Redemption is I think the best RJ story I've ever read) and out of everyone on fanfiction I think you write the best characterization of Jess. Ever. Its beyond perfect.

I hope you still write - great job :)
feelingshortofstable chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
You are an amazing writer. And a Death Cab fan, no?
LukeAndLorelai Brucas Fan chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Oh my goodness... That was so... I don't know. But I loved it and I'm going to have to read it over and over again and memorise every word because it was just, it was so good. I love it, and you have reminded me that I wanted to read Love in the Time of Cholera. I'll get there one day, I'm sure. Wow. I just can't think of what I wanted to say. I hate when that happens. Oh well. This was amazing. You did such a great job.
BlueOwlGrey chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
oh glory yes. Thank you. Honestly, its sort of what I always imagined Jess might write.

While I never thought that Rory would go back to Logan, it works here. That maybe it takes 40 years to get themselves put together in a way that allows them to be.
stolen-whispers chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
god. i'm breathless. i don't even have room for capital letters. i have all sorts of cliche, ridiculous things to say about this, and they all are an insult to the incredible depth and color and beautiful tension and truth in this piece. i might be in love with a piece of fanfiction.
Roberta Sparrow chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
I have never read anything quite like this. Maybe its because I always try to avoid reading stories where the characters age so much, but I think this was beautiful.
oana07 chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
this was...man,i don't even have words for it...just,write something that isn't fanfic,get published and famous!good luck
tempestshakes chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Are you writing outside of fanfiction? You must be; your prose transcends the Gilmore universe and enters its own throbbing vibrancy.

First off, I have to tell you that you didn't achieve the dreamlike feeling you were going for, instead you fell into what you do best-romantic bitter melancholy-which has an ethereal quality all to itself. In the end, your realism won out, but it works so much more in your favor...in the flavor of the piece, of the characters. Even the dream sequences played out in realistic tinged flashes. (I love imaginary Rory's for Jess. Out of, really, anyone in pop culture/literature I love to his mind hallucinate, crumble, and spread the most. It is sick.)

'He shakes his head. "I was always leaving," he tells her.'

You explore universal themes and truths within the piece with an unreliable narrator who might say to fuck it all at any point. Secondary characters come off less as hastily sketched side players, and more like they just happened to wander into your story, whole lives lived behind the words.

I love Hemingway, Kerouac. Your references to Neruda appease my soul. I feel like I've meet someone new, or that I've just kissed someone very, very old. His lips cold and wrinkled and they did not kiss me back.

It's so sensual, but not sexual. The adjectives you've chosen for certain lines create a feeling at my spine.

'He is savage and solitary, but he will not pretend. He is too alive.'

'The throb of the electric fan in the flat below him makes the floor vibrate against his feet. Sunlight filters in, dirty and diluted, clawing with weedy fingers through the smog and smoke of the city.'

You must tell me what you've done outside of fanfiction. You really must. The names could be changed in this piece and you've got yourself a fully fleshed out story.

I've lost myself in gardenias.