Reviews for Two Step
Leon Jackson chapter 43 . 1/17
I need to know what happened next. PLEASE WRITE MORE. Best story I've read. I cried reading so much of this. It just had some kind of insane effect on me. I love it. This is a masterpiece
Kaioo chapter 4 . 11/5/2014
jesuuus.

Did he really infect the husband though?

And why do I think she's a Witch now?
Kaioo chapter 2 . 11/5/2014
Shouldn't Nick be asking/checking they're immune?

Actually, if a Smoker grabs you, can that infect you?
Guest chapter 43 . 10/29/2014
All I can say is, holy crap. Forgive me if I ramble a bit here. :D

What a masterpiece you have here. I love to read, but NEVER in all my life have I read something that could make me experience so many different emotions all at once. I first clicked on this expecting to read a story about zombies, but what I found instead was a story about the human experience- determination, friendship, love, loyalty, heartbreak, guilt; good, evil, and the grey area in between.
All the characters are beautifully complicated and wonderfully written- the depth you gave to Nick's character is absolutely incredible.
I could go on and on about this story, but I mostly just want to thank you. Thank you for working hard to provide this incredible journey that reading this story has been. It's been such a privilege to read. I hope that you continue to write and share your awesome talent with others- the world is definitely better for it. :)
RyderRosas chapter 43 . 10/19/2014
This was amazing. In all ways possible. I can't say anything else.
Sir Nipplefish chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
Well... Two Steps. I think i fell in love with this story from the first chapter, compelling plot, amazing characterization and my favorite survivor fighting through the winter? Perfect!
This story kept me going for 5 hours straight and until i read that last sentence i was in deep.
also there are a few tear-bringing moments which gave me deep chills.

All in all this story is a definite favorite and i would recommend it to anyone that loves survival stories and left 4 dead in general. 100/100

Review by Sir Nipplefish
KingdomKuroGeass chapter 25 . 8/2/2014
Lol fun fact I had mycoplasma pneumonia 3 times over a month in a half (my family kept passing it around since it's like a super virus type thing apperantly) and during that time I had finals, had to play in a Christmas parade, a figure skating competition, an do all my finals
I had 3 inhalers (and I'm allergic to penicillin too hooray) and yeah it really sucked and my lungs have never been the same
Great job with this so far, I love it and will probably write more when I get caught up :)
geko-blackjack chapter 43 . 7/1/2014
WELP. THIS WAS HEARTBREAKING.
I wish I was better with wording things, since I'm not going to be able do how much I enjoyed this justice, but first of I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for this fic! I've just blazed through it in the past two days and it's been such an intense experience - you have a real talent for creating tension and making things unpredictable - I found that I could never feel comfortable or uncaring throughout this entire journey, as I was constantly panicked about what might happen. This was particularly true for me with the Charger chapter; I felt so much dread for them, especially the wellbeing of Rob! A friend came round while I was halfway through it, and though I tried to carry a conversation, I couldn't stop worrying about it! Eventually I found myself having to pop on the TV for her while I finished the chapter, my only explanation being 'I'm so sorry, I'm halfway through this chapter and I THINK THE DOG MIGHT BE DEAD' - thankfully she understood!
The new zombie mutations you created were brilliantly scary, and yet you somehow managed to make hunger and pain and loneliness and being abandoned even more terrifying than the prospect of being attacked by the zombies. Quite a feat!
I also found that you were excellent at conveying the characters' suffering - I could really feel Nick's exhaustion and hunger, to the point where I would sometimes take a break from reading and find that I was pulling a horribly distressed face.
Overall, I absolutely loved this. The ending was beautiful (though even if it's not canon, I'm choosing to believe that Rob is one of the junkyard dogs because I cannot deal with any other possibility right now!), and I'm sure this story will stick with me for a very, very long time.
Looking forward to seeing more work from you!
Thanks again.
Mosca chapter 43 . 4/22/2014
I'm actually at loss for words because I don't think anything I could say could describe how fucking awesome this fic is. From the first chapter it captured me and I. Couldn't. Stop. Reading. From the writing stile, to the character development, to the plot, everything was perfection. It made me legitimately cry. The events and the reaction of Nick were so real and painful. I'm really excited to see the this is only the first part of a series, I can't really wait to read more.
rotciv557 chapter 43 . 1/30/2014
One of the best fics ive read and, without a doubt, the best L4D fic ever.
Personal canon now, thank you very much.
Completely Different chapter 43 . 1/21/2014
What an amazing fic! You had me in tears for the last three chapters...absolutely moving.
Guest chapter 43 . 12/12/2013
Now I may just have not noticed it, but I just finished this story and I didnt see anything explaining what happened to Rob. Please just tack on another chapter because I f***ing loved that dog and with how many times you almost killed him I feel he that he at least deserves to have his fate known.
graypheonix chapter 43 . 10/15/2013
Two Step started out as an odd little project I liked to read updates on, and kept alive an interest in a game series that I had mostly left 4 dead (yes, I know, horrifying pun). But this fic picked up at a point I didn't expect, and gave some real depth and meaning to an old trope. What can happen to those left behind?

And you executed it beautifully.

This is one of a handful of fics out there that's managed to match, if not exceed the caliber of the source material, and hell, was a great read. Depressing and dreary, it still holds out hope, even until the end when everything is bleak...Nick makes it. That matters more than anything in my mind.

So, I wanted to thank you for sharing this story. It wasn't easy to write for you, and honestly, its a damn good transformation story. Not to mention it quickly became one of my all time favorites, with a hard dose of realism. Wrapping ribs, hypothermia, ptsd from all of this? Nick shows the signs of all of this, and is a great example of what can happen without a support base during these degrees of horrors.

So again, thank you for sharing this story. And as always, keep on writing other stories. Update again soon, ja ne.
Guest chapter 43 . 10/8/2013
Wow just wow! Amazing story! Will you ever consider doing a children part of the story? Sorry it sounds confusing but you know what I mean. Do a beginning and after settling? But an amazing story though!
Sketchfoot chapter 43 . 9/30/2013
This is literally the best story I have ever read. I honestly can't give to you enough words to describe my feelings. This was a great ride, I'm glad you could share this with us.. You are a perfect author! I felt like I was there, experiencing everything Nick was. I felt his emotions; his fear, his joy, his guilt..I even cried with him! You took me on quite the journey and I can do nothing but thank you. Thank you for being so damn good. There is so much more I want to say to you, but I just can't form the words! You're too good. This was a FANTASTIC read. Thank you so much for posting. I can't wait to read your future works!