Reviews for Bottled Up
Zaphire chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
This story was amazing... I so needed something like this after the season finally. It seemed that everything I see on are tags or follow ups to the last epi. And though I did not hate Swan Song, I am was not a fan of it. THe montague of the boys at the end broke my heart, but the way they ended dissapointed me greatly.

Buts that okay, cause you are treating us to stories on Thursdays... wooohooooo...Love the break from season 5.

And I would love to be able to order BB4. I tried the email address you posted in the past ( you had once given it to me) but i never got a reply :(. Is that the only way to have acces to ordering BB4 ?

Thanks for continuing to share your works with us.
Orange Autumn chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Awesome story. Very intense and action packed. I was very riveted! Another great piece you've shared here. :D
Hunnique chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Quelle bonne idée de nous partager cette excellente histoire!

This addict was missing her weekly dose of her favorite drug: tes histoires.

Merci Kati!
Cainchan chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
ohhh I love the part, where dean and sam are hugging and sam is in dean arms and dean tries to keep him warm. great story. I like season 1 stories. I hope there will be more. thanks.
TraSan chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
I keep trying to come back to this story and leave a review that is specific and personalized. Yet, every time I find myself here, I'm tired, or short on time, and I finally decided to tonight - you were getting that darn review come heck or high water!

So, it's just a simple, but honest and heart-felt thank you. There were many lines that tugged on just the right heart-strings or rang just the right brotherly bell, but really, I think the best way to sum it up right now is that it is one of those comfort fics. One I can just curl up on the couch and read, and know I'll love it, and know it will leave me contented at the end.

Thank you.
Daisy S chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
I love this story, I love the boys circa season 1! Thank you for sharing all these super stories, very excited for Thursdays from now on!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
OH GOOD GOD!

this is my new all time fave hun!

Needles, beat up and tied up Sam! AND angsty and after the crash! OH :)

utterly fantastic, best fic ever

i loved it !
Ash8 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Absolutely wonderful. I was transfixed. Love S1 boys and an adventure.

Fabulous. Look forward to your weekly stories. :D
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Loved the fic!
Ciya chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
Wow, this would have made a great episode although the skinned bodies would have been a bit...gross.

I liked the mix of an unknown critter hunt and ordinary lawless people. It keeps the boys based in reality - or as much reality as you can have hunting supernatural creatures.
mommypenguinhd chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
Hi, Hanna, thanks so much for some First Season Brotherly Love goodness. After the last two seasons, I know I sure could use it. As always a great story, you've got a gift! Thanks again for sharing it with us!
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
I really enjoyed this little story. I thought that the hunt was very interesting; I liked the way it was tied into a human-evil interaction, as well. I thought that plot was nicely entwined with the brothers' relationship.

Great job!
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
Wow, this is a fabulous story - kept my eyes glued to the screen every minute. A nice mixture of human and supernatural evil and the brothers' stubborness getting into the mix as well.

Yeah, so another long, long hellatus looms. Can't tell you how much I love that you're going to spoil us with a story each week to ease our pain. ;)

Love these early stories when the boys are just getting used to being together again. Seems like so very, very long ago, doesn't it? When they've been to hell and back since then.

Anyway, I really empathized with Sam when he said "I thought you wanted a partner, not an employee." There's no doubt that Dean took his "older brother" job seriously and to him that often meant taking charge. But I also like that Sam seemed to recognize that Dean had a method to his madness when Sam thought: "But Dean had always taken care of him, and sometimes that wasn't a bad—or weak—thing. Sometimes it was even a strength. Not partnership, but brotherhood."

Loved the hurt/comfort in this story - it truly is your strength. Thanks again for this great story - I'll be looking forward to your offerings each week. Until next time...
Phx chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
Awww... I was just re-reading this story the other night. It is one of my favorites. Nothing like good h/c for the soul :) Plus, I miss getting chills from reading angryprotectiveDean as the brothers stuggle to find their balance again. And Sam is such a sweet victim, every bit as capable as his big bro but still the little brother. Just supersized.

I loved the mix of a human badguys and distressed spirit with the druggies being the real evil in that building. Nicely done.
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
Hi Katalin,

very touching and, as always, beautifully written story! I've already read it in the BB3 zine, but I still read it again now and enjoyed it very much. So I think I should also leave a little bit of feedback about what I liked in particular. So, here we go:

But when he spoke, it was with quiet disappointment. "I thought you wanted a partner, not an employee."

Dean cringed inside. This wasn't how he wanted to win this fight, and that so hadn't been his point. [...] And...yeah, Dean wanted a partner badly, someone to share the load with, to watch his back, to bounce things off. But at the end, someone had to make the decisions when there was disagreement. And he wasn't better than Sam, certainly not smarter, just...more experienced. Sam had never been able to see that, though, not when Dad had had the final word, not when Dean claimed it now. Why did everything have to be personal with him?

He knew Dean didn't mean it like that. It was concern and love in his older brother's eyes, his actions, not condescension. And it certainly wasn't Dean's fault their old life refused to let Sam go. But that didn't make the change any easier, nor left Sam feeling any less diminished or out of control. And Dean was right there next to him while Dad, the thing that killed Jess, God, wasn't, and he was so easy to blame. [...]

But then there were also those late nights when Sam had woken utterly lost in grief, when he'd dampened a countless number of Dean's shirts. Those patient, worried looks when he grew too quiet, and wordless offerings of small treats to try to coax a smile from him. That was all Dean, too, and, frankly, the only thing that kept Sam from lying down in traffic sometimes. The only one who was right there with him.

I like how you manage to portray both of them so truthfully. Show how much the other one means to each brother.

...and it's done in such a lovely way, too!

Especially liked the names you had Sam use for the drug manufacturers. Mouse for the one with the sociopath smile - brilliant!

...and I liked THIS - a lot:

Cop? Dean didn't even let the frown of confusion surface, nor the fear that hit hard a moment later at the implication, just narrowed his eyes at the guy. "Where is he?" Because no way on earth they were talking about anybody but Sam. Who else would blunder into...whatever Sam had blundered into? [...]

Dean's eyes ticked up, then back down. He smiled coldly at the guy, a look he'd practiced off his dad. "That's true. Problem is..." He shifted the gun down, square on muscle dude's groin. "...I'm not a cop." The guy went white so fast, it was a wonder he didn't faint. "Tenth floor. Three others," he rushed out. Dean nodded, threw him another smile, then swung without warning, the butt of his gun clipping the buzzcut head. Three hundred pounds of muscle collapsed into mush.

As always I LOVE "protective big brother" Dean:

He may not have known what had happened exactly, but a few things were very clear: there were only two bodies here, which meant one unfriendly unaccounted for, besides the graul-skinwalker-ghost-whatever. Sam was also injured, probably unarmed and on the run, needing help. And Dean was one extremely ticked-off big brother.

And I liked how you had Sam experiencing the world around him while in a drug-induced haze where everything is totally scrambled up - very nice!

He tried to catch himself with a hand whenever he fell, but the other one always came with it like they were joined together or something. They couldn't seem to move fast enough to push away the wall whenever it threatened to fall on him. His head hurt and his stomach cramped and I don't want any more ginger ale, Dean. Dean thought it cured everything. Running footsteps behind meant something bad. Something worse than the shadows that gathered in the corners and on the ceiling, writhing and whispering to him. "No," he muttered. "Go 'way." Fire roiled above him, Jess screaming. And Sam covered his head with his hands as best he could, the heat making his eyes water and his throat raw, and ran.

Also LOVE "little brother" Sam wanting Dean:

Dean. God, it was embarrassing how badly he wanted his brother. Dean had just always had a way of making everything better, or at least bearable, even after Sam had denied as much in his adolescent pique. [...] He wanted Dean to come and just...fix it, just one more time.

Poor Sammy:

Dean had smelled like leather and smoke and home, and Sam had buried his face in his jacket to keep from watching his attempt at a new home burn. Maybe he wasn't meant for it. Maybe it was punishment for leaving his family, for wanting more. He could see her beautiful face blistering now...

...and I LOVED what you did here - with Sam's thoughts - trying to get away from reality and seemingly ending up even worse:

The utter lostness of arriving at school, alone.

Seeing those blonde curls across the roomful of people.

Jess's kisses, touches, her body against his.

Moving in together, his first real home.

The nightmares, fire and sulfur and blood.

Dean holding him when all he wanted was Jess.

Dean hanging in the wendigo's cave, falling into Sam's arms when he loosed him.

Dean listening to him talk about Jess, tucking his jacket around him as, exhausted, Sam finally drifted into sleep.

The rumble and hard rock beat and feeling of safety of his lifelong home.

I liked how Dean sees and hears "his" little Sammy and is only concerned for him:

"Dean?" And, geez, Sam sounded five again, all hopeful and scared. "Yeah, dude." Another slide forward. [...] He closed his hand gently around the gun, shoulders sinking a fraction as Sam immediately relinquished it. "Sammy? You okay?" Sam swallowed. His eyes were murky, and God only knew what he'd been shot up with or what he was seeing. But those long fingers latched on to Dean's sleeve with unmistakable need, worked their way up to his collar, clenched onto the fabric over Dean's heart. "Dean? I missed you."

And I sooo LOVED what you did with the "sorry"s from either brother:

He wasn't sure what exactly Sam was apologizing for: fading out on him, scaring the crap out of him, arguing with him. But the answer was the same. [...]

"Sorry," he whispered eventually, not sure exactly what he was apologizing for, either, but the answer was also the same.

...and - again as always - I LOVED the ending:

"Thanks anyway for coming after me, man," he said earnestly. Sure for the first time that he didn't just mean in the apartment building. Dean started, head jerking around to stare at him. But Sam just closed his eyes with a smile. That way they could both pretend he didn't hear Dean getting the final word one more time with a quiet, "Always."

Lovely, touching story and your style doesn't leave anything to wish for!

Thanks for the good read. Take care!

Daniela