Reviews for The Sum of His Parts
Shadowalais chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Excellent story Gin! This fic is really impressive. I love how each little segment connects and tells a part of the overall story. You made the possible relation between Jose/Divine/Sly really work.

I think my favorite parts are when the Tenors are interacting with one another (like in Grave, Apples, and New.) I also enjoyed the back history on Jose and Divine-particularly Ugly, Peace, and Poison. I can just imagine if it was revealed that the two were related in the show- their relationship playing out just like in this fic. And Sly's desire in order to gain Stardust seems much more ominous and suspicious in this fic- where his alliance is to Jose. In addition, I liked the constant reminders that Jose is no longer human- like how his metal limbs ache, and how he can no longer enjoy alcohol. And well Dark certainly is an intriguing concept and would be an interesting twist on why Jose might keep some tabs on Carly.

Overall, this fic was fantastic. Definitely an interesting read. I can't wait to see what you write next. Keep up the excellent work!
hope-to-last chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
This is awesome! I particulary loved that José is Divine's and Sly's father (and I'm convinced that Divine and Sly are indeed realted), and I think it kind of enhances that whole "destiny thing" with the Signers-Dark Signers-Illiaster.

The interaction between the three of Illiaster looks pretty realistic and I love that someone is writing about them!
Rayri chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
Quite good. I possession something of an obsession with the Three Emperors, and this is quite a good piece, especially for Jose. You captured each character's personality quite well, esp. Lucciano. Also, Divine and Sly are clearly related, and I've heard theories about Jose being related to Divine, so that makes sense.

/end incoherent review.
GhostLord chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
I suppose Jose could be Divine and Sly's father. Then again Jun Manjoume aka Chazz Princeton from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX could also be Sly's father considering there's a stronger resemblance between those two characters.
jenuinetears chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Huh. Good job, Gin. I've never even thought about the concept of a link between Jose/Sly/Divine- I hope that Divine (ehhh not likely :()/Sly have more appearances in the anime for me to better look at that. You've got me thinking now, and that can only be a good thing.

I quite like the bits about the Illiaster Trio you put in- I particularly liked #04, Bugs- that is just something Placido would do. And every single sentence with Lucanio was adorable. I think a parachute in a duel disk is very convenient, thank you. 3

It pleases me how the 'sentence starters' (I'm not sure what to call them, the words after those number...) sometimes aren't directly linked to the sentence itself. That gives it a lot of depth. I like that.

And no complaints here, I didn't spot any spelling/grammatical/sentence structure mistakes.