Reviews for Before there was Mercury: Audrey's Riddles
Snarky64 chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
That was a very sweet story. It's always nice to see Percy portrayed as a human being, rather than pompous caricature. It's a delightful thought that it's Percy who has a muggle wife (after his terrible aspersions on his father in the books) - it feels as if it's come full circle.
pleurocoelus chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
You made Percy a real person instead if the caricature. Thank you. Good story.
Sara Winters chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
There is a big helping of 'aww, precious' here. Very cute.

And Percy actually charmed a girl? I wonder what spell he used...
Needle In A Haystack chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
I think I've run out of synonyms for witty.
Thanks again!
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I really like this characterization of Audrey. I usually write her as a witch but this and some other fics make a strong case for writing her as a Muggle. The "Yorkshire" twist was funny.
MamadeMia chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
This was exceptionally clever. It took a while for me to get over muggle not be a disparaging remark too.
Princess Mariana chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
This made me laugh...alot! :)
ebdarcy.qt4good chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Nicely done! :) The title/summary was a little confusing so I wasn't going to read this - but it was great! I loved that Audrey pranked the George's kids :)
FirstYear chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Absolutely delightful! From the 1st person narration, that I very very seldom find well done, to the dialog that was perfect...this was indeed a joy to read.

I like the way she describes Percy, although she admits her love, she also sees and notes his drawbacks. "did i mention he was never that smooth?" However it was opening with the broomstick remark that captured my interest.

Well done indeed.
Chicleeblair chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
I'd never even considered Audrey before, to be honest, but this was lovely. I particularly loved her thinking Percy was The Doctor!
Bartimus Crotchety chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Damn it you made me say Awwwwwww.

I'll never forgive you.

Bart
Free Dreamer Night Writer chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
I loved all the references to real world happenings. I think your Audrey is just what Percy needs. Someone fiesty and no nonsense yet loving and caring.
xabandonedaccountx chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Wonderful and beautiful. I loved Audrey and how they met in Downing Street.
graciegraceland chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Great story! I always liked Audrey's character in the Mercurial Trio series and it was nice reading a story all about her and her quirky personality :)
iMissHP chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
This is just hilarious and brilliant! I love your characterisation of Audrey, she's really vivid.

"this makes you the 12th Doctor or something, I suppose? That's fine; I didn't care much for Matt Smith in that role, anyway." I laugh out loud at that sentence and when she mentions he lives to much in the North.

I really enjoyed reading it! It's a great fic! *favourites*