Reviews for Waiting is like a slow poison
Clara Brighet chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
I am so glad you wrote this, SugarSnaps. It's fantastic. I've always wanted to know just what happened to Arthur in-between scenes. This was perfect! :D
Sahba chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
Awesome i love it
MsBooknerd1 chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Oh my God. This is... this is so awesome I cannot find words to describe it. This was exactly what I was looking for. And I'm so happy that you haven't put in romance between Merlin and Arthur. "Merthur", as it's called, is to me - yech. I mean, honestly. Merlin and ARTHUR?
But anyway, thank you so much for writing this. It's epic.
TheReinbachDragonlord chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Awwwwww 3 I love this soooo much 3 Thanks for the great read!
servant123 chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Nice job :) I like that tie-in you made at the end with the light Arthur saw in the caves; very cool. Keep being awesome!
God bless :)
TheJunebug1218 chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
I loved it! Keep up the good work!
IceCreamDoodle13 chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Excellent story, very enjoyable. I like how Arthur figures out that Merlin has magic just by looking at him. If only it were that simple! Great job, especially for your first Merlin fanfic :)
A Verb by Any Other Name chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Thanks for this: besides the last part where Arthur realized Merlin is magic, it was a completely acceptable as behind-the-scenes cannon, and I don't think I would change anything, even given the opportunity. I also liked the bit of interaction with the guard, and Arthur's gratitude (actually, I liked all the interactions. This was really good).

-AVAON

(Unofficial promoter of the "Allow Anonymous Reviews League")
Mrs. Bonner chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
I really liked this story! I love how you took a little moment in the show and expanded it. It made it all the more interesting to me. Nice work!

-MrsBonner
Kitty O chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Well I found the ending sudden but other than that it we good!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Great story! I love hearing Arthur's thoughts!
kateydidnt chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
excellent fic
ruby890 chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
loved it very good.
Loopstagirl chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
Oh wowee, this was completely gorgeous! You captured everything perfectly, fantastic job! :)
MerlinStar chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
Nice one! This was really well written and reflective, especially as it is your first fic in the fandom.

Although I felt it was a bit hurried in places, for example Arthur didn't spend very long in the cell and he maybe could have had a little more time to think. I wasn't sure about Uther's 'It is a tragic loss but a necessary one.' Would the king value a servant's death as 'tragic'? The little hint of Merlin's magic may also have worked if Arthur was a little less certain about his views on magic.

Sorry if this sounds overly critical, though. I thought this fic was great! So full of description and emotion, and I liked the little added bits like the guard helping, and Arthur defending Gwen. The story was sweet and funny and fitted in well with the episode. You write the M/A friendship very well!

my favourite quote was ,'The light that had guided him out of the caves and the brightness in Merlin's face were one in the same.' Wow! Nice thought! Are you going to write more Merlin fanfiction? :)