Reviews for Not myself
guardianofdragonlore chapter 2 . 4/7
Freaky. But true and cool.
DanelleSephton chapter 2 . 8/24/2013
Hm... The italics are the Confedarate States? Or maybe 2p Alfred. Either way, very creepy XD
HetareIggysama chapter 2 . 8/8/2011
the italics were russia? it gave me a russia feel to it, cause russias always in the snow and lonely as a child, but it was more of a back of the mind type thing. Again, this is ruddy brilliant
HetareIggysama chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
This. .My. Mind. ALREADY! okay, so you have the descriptions down. your dialouge is good. AND! omg, this is so true! america came from so many places, not to mention canadians, this is just perfect! he even borrowed (i think all idk) his states! but hey, I was born in America, whether its a country or a nation, i talk crap about americas behaviour - dont we all?- politicaly, but i still love it here. And even if im african american, my nationality is american, i wasnt born in africa - not that it matters- and im proud to be here for the most part. You are genious, please marry me
AkaEyes chapter 2 . 1/11/2011
Its kinda sad that this is actually really true and all.

I like it though!
wisecurledqueen chapter 2 . 10/17/2010
Very cool piece. I like your use if italics. But might I suggest spacing out your lines. But your story is wonderful, seriously. Thanks!

-curledruler
bbissocute chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
This was...interesting. I'll admit, when I started reading this, I was expecting complete OOCness. But, I really think you pulled it out in the end. Definitely a side of America one never really thinks of, and excellent job of showing it. Very interesting.
letsrocksomesocks95 chapter 2 . 8/7/2010
That was pretty interesting. It literally took me to the AN to figure out that there was comparrison between Alfred and Ivan and it does make sense. I don't know why but I like reading sad, and somewhat depressing fics about Alfred. (I'm a horrible Alfred fan, I lover.) But yeah, you did good.
Orsenna chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
I would like to point out who would be much more susceptible to this lack of identity than America. His Northern neighbour, Canada, because unlike America whose is a 'cultural melting pot' whereas Canada is a 'cultural mosaic'. We're younger and lack national identity, our people com from everywhere too. Only time will be able to help develop an identity for the North American brothers.
Deletedaccountk chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
That is a very tough observation to put into words. America /is/ a melting pot of different cultures and nationalities, so I can see how he feels disconnected with "his" people, especially with the whole being a "country" - a place where one lives - and a "nation" - where one lives and culture and traditions are formed. I absolutely love the insight and thought into this. I was smiling at the cleverness this was put into (although sad, but bringing a good point to light).
frostneko chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
That's so true! Q_Q But when you put it in this light it's so depressing!
Ryukansen chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
This is truly amazing. I always love having America be more...emotional and in-depth.

Thank you for writing such a one-shot! D:

Poor Alfred...

Your people will love you.
Fai'swingedchronicles chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
well isnt england not even a nation isnt the nation the UK?

Poor boy nice take on this!
Dreamers Deranged chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
That's not true, Alfred. I have always said my nationality is American, and I'll never be anything else.

Sad fic makes me sad, though in a way, it makes me cling to my beliefs all the more and for that I thank you. Because now I'm not going to be sitting in front of the computer all day like I had planned, but I'm going to go out and do something. 3
Jenny Max chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Ohoho, /yes/, i /love/ fics like these!

America thinking about his people, and how he truly doesn't have a nationality...yes. I did not know I've been waiting for this. Thank you so much for sharing this. 3