Reviews for Little Farm of Horrors
Turnip the Scribe chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Oh...dear. Poor family. Poor village! I wonder how old a malboro has to be before it can start casting spells of mass destruction? Erm...
SasukeBlade chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
TRINITY. Why. Why would you do this to me? Here I was going to demand to be allowed the honor of bearing your internet babies, but now I'm so sad you killed Larkin. I loved him! His little notes, "secretly and resentfully" written... WHY LARKIN?

I also loved Kronan's not-so-hidden desire for artifacts. And grapecorn. And the details about the Mushroom Forest battle and Daemon's Court invasion. So I guess in the end I still want to have your fanfic babies, albeit my enthusiasm is dampened.

Sigh. Hilarious, yet I was so hoping by the first little Larkin note that you would write an entire series about him. My hopes are dashed, Trinity. Destroyed utterly.

What a good story!

Cheers! Sas
Angelic Sword chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
Awwwwwe! Poor Larken! T.T The kid didn't even have a chance... the Malboro ATE him! Scary... But... why are the parents so freaking DENSE? The little boy can realize that the thing is alive, with a mouth and teeth and everything, and the parents are like "Hm... well, I just don't understand why it's not growing anything... hmmm... well, let's wait until it get's bigger and see..." Oh, goodness. Must say though I loved it all the same, just sad about poor Larken... very interesting concept though, if you ever figure out what it does than tell me, sounds interesting...
WindGoddess Rune chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
Oh boy... Esther sent a Malboro Seed home to her family and Larkin is missing. Esther should have went to Shella and ask the Yukes there about the usually seed she found. It could have been avoid.

Your stories always make strange things happen but came up very funny.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
You know, in other Final Fantasy games there have been mentions of people having a pet Malboro (always named Carrot), so maybe we can still have a happy ending...?

This was actually very unsettling. You know, in a good way, 'cause I actually went 'oh, crap' when she read Larking had disappeared. Everything sounded so innocent until then... I swear, you come up with the strangest plots, but they're always fun to read!
Seoul Gamer chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
It’s so like you to come up with an entire story based around something random like a malboro seed, you know that? As a writer, you have an extraordinary ability to see the possibilities for your stories in anything and everything. Stories like “The Stand Up Sit Down Game” are typical of the sort of wild ideas which you manage to turn into interesting and humorous stories. You say that the writing bug has disappeared, but it seems to me like you’ll never be short of inspiration! It does seem as though no-one is writing anymore, though. I know that it can help to motivate you to write if you can see that there are other people writing good stories. Perhaps it’s about time that Sasukeblade issued a new Challenge to Fandom to get people going again.

Sending home a malboro seed by mistake is something that a Cystal Caravanner could easily make if they weren’t careful, and by the end of the chapter we can see the terrible results. Yet, you were still to find room for a well written fight scene with the malboro at the beginning of the chapter. All that’s left now is for you to write a Resident Evil 4 style horror fic where Esther returns home to find the whole village eaten.

By the way, the malboro seed is an item needed to make the “Elemental’s Soul”, which is the ultimate accessory item for Yukes that increases magic by 5. Just thought you might be interested.

I know what you mean about the Striped Apples. We’ve all done it at some point or another :D
ladycordelia17 chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
So Esther sent a Malboro Seed home to her folks? Oh dear! Hope the resulting malboro hasn't eaten poor Larkin, who wanted the plant growing from the strangely-shaped seed so much! (Should've taken advice from Fummish farmers or botany-oriented Shella scholars on how to deal with unusual seeds first...and/or she should've just taken the Kris that she originally wanted...)

My muses have been making themselves scarce for some reason, too; I wonder why...