Reviews for The Saotome Sisters
Riku Uzumaki chapter 82 . 5/2
I was wondering if Ukyo would ever get her giant spatula. Now I know.
Riku Uzumaki chapter 77 . 5/1
I would not be surprised if this war starts off with Ukyo using a paranoia gambit. Whelp, only one way to find out! TO THE NEXT CHAPTER!
*clicks the "Next" button*
Riku Uzumaki chapter 74 . 4/30
Looks like Ukyo and Happosai have parted on good terms, something I didn't believe could happen!
Riku Uzumaki chapter 67 . 4/27
It's nice to see that Ryoga is growing as a person. He's finally gotten over his hatred of Ranma (barring any possible relapses). Now if only he could find a way to not get lost. A GPS would probably help with that, but he'd probably just get frustrated with it by constantly improperly interpreting it's directions and destroy the thing in anger.
Riku Uzumaki chapter 64 . 4/27
Did Kodachi become less insane just now?
Riku Uzumaki chapter 28 . 4/21
This is something I have always wanted to see. Ryoga really had this coming, and he has nobody to blame but himself. At least logically. He's probably still going to blame Ranma and Ukyo for things that are really all his fault for a little while longer before he finally gains the few IQ points he needs to see the difference between what's going on in reality and what's going on in his head.
Luna12 chapter 77 . 4/7
I loved, loved, loved the first half of the chapter. We got to see Akane being herself-stubborn, determine, hardworking, but also insecure and desperate to prove herself. The scenes with her and Ranma were spot on and it was wonderfully romantic having Ranma carry her.

Interesting how you switched the seasons from the canon (wasn't it a cold winter when Ranma got kicked out that time?), but it makes sense given the timeline you've described in your story. A nice subtle nod to the canon with Akane's remark.
Luna12 chapter 75 . 4/7
Ah, combining a reunion of parents is a good idea. Ukyo's in a great position to reunite with her father and show him her efforts of starting her own food business.

I'm curious how you will interpret Nodoka's character. Will she be overly disapproving of tomboyish behavior? Will Ranma's curse be a huge issue again? With her arriving with Ukyo's father, has she agreed to that engagement and be against the Tendo union?

I'll just have to wait and see.
Luna12 chapter 74 . 4/7
Wow, I didn't expect you to spring a proposal this soon! Still, it ended up fitting nicely. They are ready to commit themselves to each other, and know they have found a true life partner, and it's just a matter of waiting until they are older and ready. Even in my story "Of Loss, Life, & Love" they agree to be engaged, but it is an "eventually". (In my drafts I struggled over him saying " someday" instead).
Luna12 chapter 73 . 4/7
Wow, I love how you intertwined elements from the end of the Saffron arc into this. This had enough chaos to fit right into Takahashi's story.
Luna12 chapter 72 . 4/7
I agree that in Japanese society, it is more if a taboo to be weird. Individualism isn't celebrated, and following the rules, order, and structure are highly valued. Being labeled weird would really ostracize someone.

A nice blend of chaos and romance in your version of this arc. Very enjoyable.
Luna12 chapter 71 . 4/7
A very clever and intelligently written version of the Romeo & Juliet arc. I love the analysis and parallels you're making between the characters.
Luna12 chapter 70 . 4/7
Some great character interactions and growth for all here. I especially loved the moment when Kasumi apologies for putting down Akane for her tomboyishness. So many fans forget that about Kasumi. Yes, she is loving, maternal, and does a lot to keep the family together - but she's also done a lot of damage. She's human, and despite her maturity, only three years older than Akane.
Luna12 chapter 64 . 4/6
I'm glad you threw in that nod to canon. For years, I did not float, as my bone density vs fat vs muscle was off. About 10% of the population doesn't float above water. As such, I struggle a lot to swim because I can't manage to float.
Luna12 chapter 59 . 4/6
Another strong chapter, and a most enjoyable one as well. You write great fight scenes. Akane got to show us her very believable improvements, and some nice romantic moments between R & A.