Reviews for How Far We've Come
CSKazaam chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
I really like the description of Autor's childhood! And wow, the part where Autor thinks that it's better to make an impression due to annoyance than being unremembered was just really sad. ;_;

I love how insistent Fakir is in making Autor promise to take care of Ahiru, and how he actually admits that he had fallen in love with her. X3

The image of Autor looking like a frightened kid at the thought of Fakir's death is just heartbreaking. ;_;

The entire conversation really came out well, and it's great that Fakir was able to remember Autor and let him know. And oh, gosh, Fakir's request for Autor to go get Ahiru was just so sad for some reason... I think it shows just how final everything was, more than anything else. ;_;

I love Autor's statement on what true strength really is! And the last part, with Autor seeing what had happened in Ahiru's eyes, and then starting to cry and that memory, was just so perfect and so heartbreaking. ;_; **hugs them all!**
NortheasternWind chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
How do you do such long exposition speeches at the beginning of all your fics and not make them seem long-winded? I /know/ what happened to Autor, and it still wasn't tedious

Fakir! ;_; What happened to him...? Actually, it's good that we're not outright told, because then it would be less of a character study and more about Fakir dying. Stories are always good when they show who a character is through events, instead of just being a vehicle to tell what happens to them.

Aw, the harshness and desperation in Fakir's voice when asking Autor to watch after Ahiru... Tellling, if it weren't a well-known thing from the start.

Autor's last words to Fakir, and Fakir's reaction... ;_; And Autor knowing it would be the last time he'd see Fakir alive. Just... ;_;

Flashback. Perfectly placed. Nice job
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Cool!
Moon Shadow Magic chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
If the subject matter renders this not quite enjoyable for me (more angsty), it is a masterly study in Autor's and Fakir's characters, and well done. Also, it's the kind of thing I wondered about with the power of stories. Between this, the Oak, and the stories after they're done, who needs Bookmen with axes?
Mikure chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
You did a great job with this! The interaction between Autor and Fakir is spot on.
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
I've said it before, but I love the backstory you've given Autor.

And, wow, I am amazed at how you did the first part, without revealing what had happened, and then we suddenly realize where Autor is.

Their conversation was so sad, too, particularly when Fakir says that he remembers. And the end... so sad.
xxFireWarriorxx chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Awww... Fakir... *tears* I wonder what story he was writing? Must have been a helluva tale to get him on his deathbed. XD

But really, another wonderful job. Your writing style is exquisite. :D The emotions and descriptions are always wonderfully depicted and you mix in the dialogue and thought flow so flawlessly every time. :)

I thoroughly enjoyed this! Looking forward to more. :D