Reviews for But For A Dog
Doomspark Deathfire chapter 25 . 2/4
My belated condolences on the loss of your beloved collie. Your story is a wonderful tribute. I read all of Terhune's books when I was a boy and I see bits and pieces of his influence poking through here and there throughout your story.

If you ever go back and edit this one, may I suggest using the hr tag when you shift from present-day to flashback and back again. It'll help keep the reader centered. Also, there are a few small typos scattered throughout the story. If - and only if - you want to fix it, I'll PM you with them. Many authors don't care to go back and fix their older stories.
Saissa chapter 25 . 10/10/2016
This was a wonderful story! Very well written! Well done!
Saissa chapter 24 . 10/10/2016
Actually I thought that Gabes Passing was the best. I had no idea that Sev was capable of expressing such emotions!
Saissa chapter 22 . 10/10/2016
Harry's story was wonderful!

As for Eileen, I would have to go with sev on this one. You cant teach an old dog new tricks - and even though he claims to be a counselor at AA - the fact is that he could still fall into the temptation of drinking again!

Lets just say that I hate people who drink!
Saissa chapter 21 . 10/10/2016
Like Lily says, it is Eileens choice to make. Sev really does not have the right to make this decision for his mother!
Saissa chapter 20 . 10/10/2016
UM, Tobias sure has BAD timing!
Saissa chapter 19 . 10/10/2016
No I was not surprised about the twins, You made plenty of noise about Lily being so big - she just had to be having twins!

But the names, girl, those names. Where does Augustus come from? That is one of those old fashioned names that I would NEVER use!
Saissa chapter 17 . 10/10/2016
so Harry has just enough magic to levitate things but not much else? how sad. But I guesss that's the price you gotta pay for the Killing Curse...
Saissa chapter 15 . 10/10/2016
Half of those names were old fashioned. Of those choices, I would go with Isabeau for a girl (Lady Hawke is one of my all time favourite movies and the main female charcater is a girl named Isabeau), and Nicholas for a boy.
Saissa chapter 14 . 10/10/2016
Thank goodness the Longbottoms all survived!

Am very glad that Severus came to love Harry in his own right and not as the son of his enemy!
Saissa chapter 13 . 10/10/2016
James, Sirius and The rat all deserved to die - Lily said it herself - they were reckless Gryffindors - whether or not Dumbles potioned them or spelled them to be more reckless than usual, I dont care - but they were reckless.

So do Alice and Frank still get tortured or did they survive?
Saissa chapter 10 . 10/10/2016
You will hear no complaints from me - I LOVE AU stories and this one is BRILLIANT!
Saissa chapter 8 . 10/10/2016
Lily should have used those so called brains she is reputed to have had, and made sure to include ALL the maruaders in her condition, not just Potter. She practically asked for Black to continue the pranking when she did not include all of them in her agreement. Silly girl.
Saissa chapter 7 . 10/10/2016
So Harry is James's son. Lily and Sev have been together for 12 years, Harry is 13 years old. So Lily and Sev have been together since Harry was 1 - probably 15 months old. I'm betting that on the night of Halloween 1981, James died, but Lily and Harry both survived!

This is a wonderful story. I'm not a dog lover at all, but THIS story is very nice!
Probaithius chapter 25 . 5/7/2016
Excellently written, truly unique story. Gotta love Gaby. This is probably your best fic.