Reviews for But For A Dog
NYCUtopia chapter 8 . 1/5
Good job. The way Lily ended up with James does make more sense in this story (which I'm loving through and through, "of course").
I tned to feel silly, commenting on stories that were completed years ago, and yet... I'm discovering them now and getting the emotional impact now, know what I mean?
TwilightHarry 1484 chapter 2 . 4/25/2013
Did you know, that in the TV series "Lassie", the dog was actually a male dog. They only brought in bitches in for when "Lassie" had puppies! Strange but true!
Hell's Angel-Heaven's Demon chapter 25 . 2/17/2013
Oh dear - I was in tears when Sev wrote about Gaby dying! I know every living thing dies eventually but it is so sad! :(

I really liked this story :) was a lovely read (actually couldn't stop and ended up doing nothing else all day apart from reading!) you have this amazing talent to write these lovely, touching stories :)

Thank you very much for writing!

Hells
Wanter-of-Self chapter 25 . 10/3/2012
Thank you so much for writing this story, in a way I think that it's helped me cope with the passing of my grandfather, who shared many qualities that Gabriel had, and who was also more of a father to me than my real dad. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for this wonderful story.
"Thank you, Gabriel"
Wanter-of-Self chapter 24 . 10/3/2012
God, this made me cry, and not just a few tears, freaking rivers! I'm a animal lover and dread the day that my border collie grows old and scampers off to doggie heaven... it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!
" It was a holiday of firsts. One that I would never forget. And I owed it all to a dog."
I loved how Severus got another dog, and how she, like Gabe, helped change his life for the better. I'm crying again, dang it. Gosh I love this story!
Wanter-of-Self chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
This is the third time that I've read this story, and I'm just now reviewing it, sorry! And out of all of the other stories that I've read, this one is the best and my favorite. It's very well written and I just freaking love it to bits!
... actually I'm not sure if I've reviewed it before... oh well! More reviews for you to read!
Saint Snape chapter 25 . 9/28/2012
What a beautifully written, sweet story. I cried when Lilac died and sobbed as I read the touching death scene for Gabriel. The touches of humor were great too. Loved seeing Severus with Lily and having his own family. I really loved it.
Ogrebear chapter 25 . 9/11/2012
Thank you for this story.

This is really a great example of an AU done excellently, especially the journal format you chose to use. The ways the changes rippled across the characters was brilliant.

Plus you made me think of my long departed German Shepard and the great times I had with him. Time to break out the photos.
Beloved Daughter chapter 25 . 5/30/2012
Thanks for writing this beautiful story. I too, grew up with dogs. Wonderful black labs. One of the best things about a pet's love, in my opinion, is that they don't judge. They don't judge based on looks, smell, or how smart you are. A pet's love is devoid of all the human pettiness. I think every kid should grow up with a dog. Maybe there would be a world of teenagers out there with better self-esteem and less depression.
pinky9292 chapter 25 . 4/15/2012
That was was a truly brilliant story.
GryffindorGurl101 chapter 25 . 3/21/2012
This story has made me cry, laugh, and almost have a heart attack. It reminded me so much of my dog that died from cancer. She was protective over me and my family, and she was so sweet. I love the poem you had. I just flat out loved this story. I really love all your storys.
Rocia chapter 25 . 2/26/2012
Very good and sweet story!
excessivelyperky chapter 25 . 2/23/2012
Oh, what a splendid end.

I loved this story, and I absolutely adored Gabriel. And Aurora is a worthy successor, chasing Dudders down the road.

Thank you.
excessivelyperky chapter 24 . 2/22/2012
He sniffed, gave it a token lick, then turned away.

"What's wrong? Are you feeling sick?"

-Oh. I know this one (wipes eyes). There's a reason I've told my husband he's not allowed to watch MARLEY AND ME by himself.

Poor old Gabriel. He hung on as long as he could.

And I sure he somehow told Aurora to do her little business on Tobias's boot, just for fun.

Very good chapter. (I have to go cry now...).
excessivelyperky chapter 23 . 2/20/2012
I really couldn't take another sleepless night of whining, crying, and drooling.

-And that's just the parents. (we used peppermint schnapps for everyone during our teething troubles).

But Snape really ought to think about that alcoholism potion; it's easy to say abstention is the cure, but it's harder than a lot of people think (my mother-in-law was never able to stop smoking, no matter how hard she tried, and she tried really hard).

Lovely chapter-and I adored Gabe's little brush with stardom with the Tastee Treats.