Reviews for But For A Dog
SwishAndFlick24 chapter 25 . 5/7
Excellently written, truly unique story. Gotta love Gaby. This is probably your best fic.
Bewitchedgal chapter 25 . 2/3
I was honored to be loved and owned by a very special for 18 years. He was a marvel and as smart a could be. We got him as a kitten and he loved each and everyone of us but esp. my husband. When my husband died suddenly-major heart attack-Shenzi grieved just as deeply as I did. But despite his pain he was there for me. When I would go my bedroom to grieve alone he would come up, touch my face with his nose to let me know he was there for me. During the night he watched over me while I slept and got quite annoyed if my teenage children made noise that might wake me up. He would go to them and tell them off as only an annoyed cat can do and then return to watch over me-this is what I learned many months after. The love of an animal is a very special gift and a blessing from God. Each one that comes into our lives come with their own special gifts, their own special way but the all worm their way into our hearts.
Thank you the very beautiful, moving story.
Bewitchedgal chapter 10 . 2/1
Ah! But that is what makes this story so wonderful you have created your own HP universe and I love it. This is a great story and thank you for writing it. I hope in writing about the wonderful Gabriel helps with your own personal pain at losing your Gabriel.
Bewitchedgal chapter 4 . 1/31
My parents raised and bred Pomeranian dogs. At one time they had 24 of them-I can still see the dogs in my parents' back yard-their coats shining and glistening in the sun-what a sight. Mom would show her dogs as well.
Bewitchedgal chapter 1 . 1/31
Once you have been owned by a great dog-we do not own them-they creep into our lives and take over our hearts-they own us but are the kindest of masters. I never had a Collie but have always loved them. I did have the honor of being owned by a extremely intelligent and beautiful black Lab. You have so many good memories-how wonderful to know and love such a wonderful friend.
Arrkat chapter 25 . 12/18/2015
Thank you for this story. It was wonderful journey in my childhood, when my own collie was alive and happy and always by my side.
To be honest, I cried over near every chapter. I read "Gabriel", but thought "Forsyte", because they are so alike (my dear friend was purebred golden-red too).
Thank you once more for this story about love, frendship and collie, of course.
Jaylynn5 chapter 25 . 11/10/2015
I am on a binge of finding completed stories in someone's favorite list and reading them before going through that persons favorites to do the same and so on, it can really lead me to interesting stories I normally wouldn't come across. Yours is one of those that I wouldn't have found in my natural perusing of stories but is the exact reason I go through people's fav list for gems like it, that are complete and just waiting to be read. As someone who can't remember not having a furry friend in her life of some type, I just wanted to say you really captured just how much of an impact they can be in your life. You also caused me to cry my eyes out at the end even though I knew it was coming. Anyway, thank you for sharing and I really enjoyed reading it.
kaito394 chapter 25 . 9/18/2015
Loved this story!
Good Idea chapter 24 . 8/16/2015
This was so beautiful! I was on the verge of tears.
NYCUtopia chapter 8 . 1/5/2014
Good job. The way Lily ended up with James does make more sense in this story (which I'm loving through and through, "of course").
I tned to feel silly, commenting on stories that were completed years ago, and yet... I'm discovering them now and getting the emotional impact now, know what I mean?
TwilightHarry 1484 chapter 2 . 4/25/2013
Did you know, that in the TV series "Lassie", the dog was actually a male dog. They only brought in bitches in for when "Lassie" had puppies! Strange but true!
Hell's Angel-Heaven's Demon chapter 25 . 2/17/2013
Oh dear - I was in tears when Sev wrote about Gaby dying! I know every living thing dies eventually but it is so sad! :(

I really liked this story :) was a lovely read (actually couldn't stop and ended up doing nothing else all day apart from reading!) you have this amazing talent to write these lovely, touching stories :)

Thank you very much for writing!

Hells
Wanter-of-Self chapter 25 . 10/3/2012
Thank you so much for writing this story, in a way I think that it's helped me cope with the passing of my grandfather, who shared many qualities that Gabriel had, and who was also more of a father to me than my real dad. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for this wonderful story.
"Thank you, Gabriel"
Wanter-of-Self chapter 24 . 10/3/2012
God, this made me cry, and not just a few tears, freaking rivers! I'm a animal lover and dread the day that my border collie grows old and scampers off to doggie heaven... it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!
" It was a holiday of firsts. One that I would never forget. And I owed it all to a dog."
I loved how Severus got another dog, and how she, like Gabe, helped change his life for the better. I'm crying again, dang it. Gosh I love this story!
Wanter-of-Self chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
This is the third time that I've read this story, and I'm just now reviewing it, sorry! And out of all of the other stories that I've read, this one is the best and my favorite. It's very well written and I just freaking love it to bits!
... actually I'm not sure if I've reviewed it before... oh well! More reviews for you to read!