Reviews for Broken Love Stories
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
This was a great piece on Mai. I hate how many Zutara stories just write her off. You portrayed her very well. Great job! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Poooor Mai!
Anon chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
I love Maiko to death but I definitely see Zutara and like the idea if Mai didn't exist.

Anyways, I loved your story. It was sad but believable and not too over dramatic like many stories tend to be. The ending was perfect to the story because it ended the sad story on a light note.
Lila Priceless chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
I love this. Thank you for making Ty Lee more than an airhead and fleshing out her friendship with Mai.
Anony-mouse chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
This was another beautiful story about Mai. I can't even think of how to tell you how good it was. The heartache of her letting go of Zuko was simply breathtaking, along with Ty Lee's friendship and what it means to Mai. The pain, the hope, the love, was all captured perfectly.

And the ending was a nice touch to such a serious mood:)
Victorian Lily chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Am I the only one who cried reading this? I better not be, 'cause then I would've just publicly admitted it... well, it was great. :]
ophelietta chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
This is a lovely little piece - (seemingly) simple, graceful, spare, a lot like Mai herself. I like how it's a story of a relationship falling apart as opposed to one being built; I could easily see this as running parallel to any number of Katara/Zuko stories. It's nice to see Mai get the spotlight, for once, and also to a read a fic with Mai and Ty Lee's friendship as a focus. The characterization of Kyoshi Island is interesting, too - "the only place where a woman left alone will be left alone". And of course, that coda is a gem. Thanks for an interesting read!
sessha16 chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
it hurts me to read this because i 3 mai... but that just goes to say how good this fic is...

and the coda... simply amusing...
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
"No? Not even a little bit? No, say, starting a couple of little rumors that he might have had a fling with some guy on the ferry to Ba Sing Se?"

"...You've already done it, haven't you?"

"I refuse to answer on the grounds that I might die a horrible death if I do."

I loved the ending. Nice work.
Hikoru Aniki chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
I loved it. Particularly the ending. *grin*

You wrote this very well. Although there were a lot of breaks it still flowed quite smoothly. Everything also seemed to fit with the characters involved, both in dialogue and action. While I have read many stories about Zuko and Mai breaking up because he loved Katara I thought that it worked out best in this story for two reasons. One: It seemed original to me in the way you wrote it, despite what I said about this idea having already been canvassed. And two: It was great that you wrote it from Mai's point of view, so instead of cutting her down in order to excuse Zuko from breaking up with her, instead you put him firmly as the antagonist to her, which is a welcome change from those who portray her as just a horrible person in general.

Fantastic work.
CatBru chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
I admit it. I love Zutara. But I also completely and utterly adore Mai. This piece is just so well written, and doesn't just brush her feelings under a carpet or even make her out to be the bad guy. She's honestly in love with Zuko, and you've written this lovely scenario that describes how she would have reacted in this situation perfectly, I think.

Thank you so much for this lovely read!
MizJoely chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Wow. I really, really felt Mai's pain in this story. Great job.
Misfitable chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
I kept on thinking one of the little ways to get your heart broken would be a haiku~

BUT NOOOOOOOO. Hhmmp. I counted out every syllable, like 10 times!

See I usually just start at the story and skip the notes, (Which probably wasn't a very good thing to do in this case) so I didn't realize until no.8 that they were songs! (The Fray's one of my favorite bands) So, I feel like a huge dork/idiot/nerd right now, for thinking everything is a haiku not reading the author's notes. (I really need to start paying attention to those. Like there was this one time, when the author's note at the beginning said that this story was going to have major cussing in it, but I didn't think that was important ((I really didn't read it at all. Really! Authors should put the really important stuff in caps lock and bold.)) so I read the story. I didn't know my dad was right behind me, and boy, did he freak out. I got kicked off the computer for two weeks.)

Anyways, after I finished your story, I reread it. And guess what? I still counted the song lyric thingies on my fingers. x)

P.S- I know you probably think you just wasted 2 minutes of your life reading this.

P.P.S- But don't worry. I only go into big sycophantic rants in reviews about stories I like. xD
waterlit chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
This was enoyable! I like your style, and well, this was well-written and funny besides being poignant (:
Blind Justice chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
This is beautiful- I can barely make out a thing wrong with it. You opened it perfectly and kept that steady pace throughout the entire story :) Zuko seems more... depressed than anything, not really like he's in love with Katara, but it still fits and I can feel the relationship between him and Mai fade little by little. The characters are spot on (from what I can tell) and you are one truly gifted writer.

Honeslty, I can't wait until you make it big. Announce it on your profile and I'll be one of the first ones to buy your book ;)