Reviews for Number Games
SirRealism chapter 1 . 7/17
Oh man that was a good story but the finale was priceless. I love simple solutions to romantic tragedy. Bravo
bajab chapter 1 . 7/5
Just re-reading this and I thoroughly enjoying it yet again.
Rhaegar Targaryen chapter 1 . 7/1
I really like the idea of grown up Harry as all around badass and problem solver.
LightningFuryStrike13 chapter 1 . 5/15
That was great. Whole thing but I loved the ending. Absolutely loved it.
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 5/1
Good for Harry! *EVIL LAUGH*
grovepjp chapter 1 . 2/8
I do not know how many times i read this and enjoy it everytime.

What stands out though is the reviews on it.

When you originally wrote it i read the reviews and dlp.

The range of how people felt over it still stands out in my mind. The criticism was quite amazing.

I just thought it is brilliant.
Oh God Harry is right mean and awesome bastard.
CafeMoCha chapter 1 . 1/25
'There are no coincidences.'
What I am in awe of is rather simple, in the end: every detail was miniscule to begin with, almost pitiful, really, for the picture that they drew was not of a life one would wish to live. Three-quarters through, I can only describe it as the funny quirk before the end in a symphony played entirely in a minor key. The details pulled together and before I could tell, the music built and built and changed keys so very subtly. Then the music crested and the crescendo took my breath away- not because it was thunderous, or even powerful, but because all those bleak little details suddenly didn't seem so one-dimensionally sad anymore. They were real in a way few things are, for all that this is merely a fanfiction in a fictional universe where people fly around with broomsticks between their legs. Ron is often overlooked because of his noticeable flaws. Few people grasp that his flaws are what make him all the more honest, brave and real to the reader. We certainly aren't paragons of virtue or capability. We're human and we falter and I love that you've portrayed him like that. It only makes his victory sweeter.
Geordie James chapter 1 . 1/27
Absolutely fantastic work, Jbern.

A Ron that finally grows up is pretty rare around these parts. A none R/Hr story where they both end up alive and happy is even rarer, especially if the kids are as canon. Harry finally seems happy to be using his name when necessary, and the fake Deathstick in Dumbledore's tomb as a portkey to the Aurors is a fantastic idea. I can't imagine why that hasn't been done before.

It's a really well written piece, nicely paced, and the scene shifts work well. For the rest of Ron's days, his performance will be praised by every single person in the world, except one. There will be a certain niece present at every family event who insists that it wouldn't have been quite so glorious if she'd been allowed to take the penalty... :-)

All good stuff. Thanks for the read.
mab70 chapter 1 . 1/22
Great story! Love getting to see a Ron that isn't the huge back-stabbing jerk he's often made out to be.
Pulvis chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
QT as fuck. As everynyan else already said, "not a huge ron fan but rly dig your portrayal!1!"

Just one tiny nit-picky mistake: when Ardell caught the snitch, it was already 160-0, so the dispute was already unimportant. Or am I mistaken? Bcos don't think anyone caught this yet.

Also, a couple years late, but congratulations on being published and stuff, yarr.
Correk Palleon chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
I've read this a few times and I keep coming back to it when I want a nice bit of light reading.

As many others have said, really great job capturing Ron! Feels very true to the character; flawed but lovable. Really well written and vastly entertaining.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
waw good ilov harry
bleme chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
I've never been a fan of flashbacks, but I really like the story behind this one. I've read everything by jbern so far and can really see the growth in his writing.
KonohasBlackReaper chapter 1 . 6/6/2014