Reviews for The Air You Took and the Breath You Left
AngelRuby235 chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
I can't find words to even begin to describe how wonderful ds fic was! PERFECT... yes that could be the word, I guess... everything was perfect in here. The way you compared each movements of the chess (until checkmate) with step in the RoChu relationship was incredible! You laid down the bare facts about their not-so-happy historical relation quite skilfully:-) fabulous job:-) The character portrayal was marvellous esp. of Yao.. (Ivan's was no less perfect) complete with the right amount of angst, tragedy, suspense & obviously romance:-)
Ds even had lemons to my absolute delight:-D which was pretty well-written:-) (btw your exceptional writing quality in ds fic proves your maturity as an author, you know?) The emotions & the conflicting feelings, heavy desires were beautifully expressed through their monologues. You even concluded the story pretty neatly by making Ivan...how do I put it?...hit puberty!? Lol! Annnnnd my yaoi fanmind was satisfied knowing they lived happily ever after:-D
Overall fantastic work, Excellently structured:-) THANK YOU:-)
Dewdropmon chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
I can't even begin to find words to describe how incredibly amazing this was!
Blair.1907 chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
It bothers me that this story does not have a lot reviews, while others out there with significantly less substance do. That aside, I found this to be simply brilliant. It had me reading from start to finish, something I don't do quite often (yeah, i know it's a bad habit). You've succeeded in making an entire 11k story captivating, while all the time revolving around only 2 characters. And the ending with his, 'new' body...Now THAT was a great ending ;)

I really enjoyed this fanfic, and thank you for creating such a wonderful story :)

-Sunny
Insert Super Witty Name chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
Waah, this deserves many MANY more reviews...

The way the emotion was written was fantastic - I felt distressed and frustrated as Yao and Ivan did and super-giggly at the end; the simple sentence of China twisting the phone cord in a giddy way and thinking of a pile of sunflower petals made me grin insanely.

One thing though, when China says 'Me too," in Chinese, the 'too' was translated into the other definition, as in, "I'm too tired," not the "tooas well" definition, so it doesn't make sense. I don't speak Chinese that well so I don't know an unawkward way to phrase it correctly, but I'll just point out that little problem because I was confused when I first read the pinyin.

Beautiful story. (;
Noey chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
That was amazing:D
VitaeFetan chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Whoa. This was just... Whoa. I'm now two hours past my bedtime, I'm almost falling asleep but I managed through it! Because I just couldn't stop w

Thank you soooo much for this fic, I really enjoyed it. B-b-b-but what's the very song? Maybe it's just me being sleepy, but I don't get what's its title or w/e. Could you please-please-please point it out for me? Via PM or e-mail or something? Because I really would like to listen to it :)
AngelicDemon97 chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
wahhhh~ love. that was really nice ~dreamy smile~ thanks for writing!
Mai-Chan chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Hahahahaha! Loved it! I told you I'd eventually read it XP... Ivan hitting puberty priceless.

I would tell you somethings that you need to work on - if there were any lol.

I'm axiously waiting for the Alfred/Kiku story!
454g chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
I absolutely love this! The part when they hurt each other and said goodbye was so heartbreaking TOT. I almost cried at that part. They waited too long to be together again. God how happy I am to see Yao went back to Russia...and the scars, I can totally imagine Ivan put his hand on Yao's back to compare their scars. This scence is so beautiful, so touching.

And the ending too! It is the first time I read fanfics where Ivan didn't suffer death or amnesia for the disintegration. Your description is quite new to me, and at the same time makes sense.

Please I hope I can see more of your Rochu!
kimuro chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Oo..this is ..absolutely awesome.I luv your characterization of Ivan and seperation is hearbreaking and regrettable..It makes me feel really sentimental.T-T but the end is perfect~(respire..)

Thank you for writing this wonderful oneshot! I must add it to favourites~~!
SuicideMonday chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Wow~ It is a long oneshot. (must have taken you a long time to write!) XD The formatting is very interesting. I'm not knowledgeable on chess...? So a bit of it was lost to me. Nice shifts between the years, an interesting take on WWII and Cold War. I thought the smut was written fine. XD

Good luck with you job!
Anna chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Ah, the Cold War part broke my heart. Especially where Russia was telling China all about America ;(
shelia2019 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
the story is so wonderful and epic~! I really love your description of these two under historical background!
Inari Kasugawa chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
*happy tears* I need to fucking stop reading this kinda stuff. *sniff*
Lalalalala-Land chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
wow~well I think you definitely sound like someone who has graduated high school lol

This is a really wonderful fanfic; I looooooooove it!

I'll fav it and slowly walk away now...