Reviews for Dream Machine
katpink chapter 1 . 7/17
Ohhh my heart... So delightful, lovely, and meaningful, so beautifully, brilliantly, and artistically-written! I love it to pieces! Amazing and excellent job! Thank you for sharing this masterpiece :)
shapphire22 chapter 1 . 6/25
What happened to Pansy at the beginning makes me sick (-﹏-;)
So Theo is alright? The Dream Machine is working but it's just sad! Look what happened to Harry, George, and Ginny! Ron too! At least Hermione could handle it even barely
AnnaOxford chapter 1 . 9/12/2018
That was beautiful and I don’t know why, but this bit really struck me: “He'd have made you into boots if he could. I'm the one who thought of that, though. What's wrong with me?”
BeautifulSamurai chapter 1 . 5/8/2018
Beautiful and refreshingly unique. This premise is going to stay with me for a while...Your writing and characterizations are lovely.
LenaLeon chapter 1 . 4/11/2016
I wish my vocabulary on English would be better, because how I felt reading this... is inexplicable. What a tragic plot but with a beautiful twist on it.
werewolf6780 chapter 1 . 10/29/2015
That was...well the sentences dragged on but in a good way (if that makes sense?) it's certainly a different kind of fic and it really made me think.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/21/2015
This was incredibly beautiful and moving, the concept of forgiveness (from both points of view) is so complex and you captured that ambiguity so well. Wonderful character portrayals and just generally a really great, unique story. Congratulations, I look forward to reading more of your works:)
"It felt like open windows in the summer while you turn the last page of a sad but important book" - stunning!
wayfaring.stranger.go chapter 1 . 7/16/2015
Wonderful story! I love alternative epilogues that feel really realistic and tackle how a society does move on from war. The idea of the dream machine was really interesting and the story was well executed. Thanks for sharing this!
bright places chapter 1 . 7/4/2015
This was beautiful. Thank you.
Ellae chapter 1 . 4/16/2015
Soft and so good.
rebelsaurus29 chapter 1 . 2/3/2015
I really enjoyed this story. It was a bit heartbreaking at the beginning-in a good way-and then it just blossomed into beautifulness. Loved it all. Thank you for this great story :-)
Onigiri Momoko chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
Wow! I loved this!
I really like the detached feeling of the narrative, it worked really well in this case
The way the time flowed and the scenes were written fabulously

Keep up the great work!
purplepam chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
That was really really good. I feel like this is an allegory for your deeper thoughts but I do not quite understand what they are. Maybe if I read it again, I could understand. Kudos for a story well written.
evergreeneyes chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
This was beautiful: you give the reader the perfect glimpses into a story which is original and heartbreaking and ultimately offers redemption. My favourite three things -
1) Nothing is black and white. Hermione's opinion changes. Is the dream machine good or bad? Morality is ambiguous. Realistic.
2) The ending is perfect.
3) Each character - and their reactions to receiving treatment or letters - is treated individually and compassionately. You don't make sweeping generalisations "they all wrote back" "slowly they all began to feel X".

Also, your writing is just wow. This:
It felt like open windows in the summer while you turn the last page of a sad but important book.
I mean, that's incredibly abstract but yes, I do know how that feels, and you managed to powerfully convey an emotion with a simile I would never have thought of.

Anddddd I'll stop gushing now!
romenic arten chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
this is the second time i read your story and this one didn't disappoint me. not at all. it started at the lowest point possible, but you manage to lift it up, leaving a glimpse of hope in the end. i find it very inspring that you take an optimistic view of the situation. you wrapped it up in a clean cut writing though not losing your signature exotic metaphors. it is heartbreaking as it is beautiful. you are def one the best dramione author exist today. keep up the terrific work!
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »