Reviews for Dream Machine
This was incredibly beautiful and moving, the concept of forgiveness (from both points of view) is so complex and you captured that ambiguity so well. Wonderful character portrayals and just generally a really great, unique story. Congratulations, I look forward to reading more of your works:)
"It felt like open windows in the summer while you turn the last page of a sad but important book" - stunning!
wayfaring.stranger.go chapter 1 . 7/16
Wonderful story! I love alternative epilogues that feel really realistic and tackle how a society does move on from war. The idea of the dream machine was really interesting and the story was well executed. Thanks for sharing this!
HopeWithinDarkness chapter 1 . 7/4
This was beautiful. Thank you.
Ellae chapter 1 . 4/16
Soft and so good.
rebelsaurus29 chapter 1 . 2/3
I really enjoyed this story. It was a bit heartbreaking at the beginning-in a good way-and then it just blossomed into beautifulness. Loved it all. Thank you for this great story :-)
Onigiri Momoko chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
Wow! I loved this!
I really like the detached feeling of the narrative, it worked really well in this case
The way the time flowed and the scenes were written fabulously

Keep up the great work!
purplepam chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
That was really really good. I feel like this is an allegory for your deeper thoughts but I do not quite understand what they are. Maybe if I read it again, I could understand. Kudos for a story well written.
evergreeneyes chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
This was beautiful: you give the reader the perfect glimpses into a story which is original and heartbreaking and ultimately offers redemption. My favourite three things -
1) Nothing is black and white. Hermione's opinion changes. Is the dream machine good or bad? Morality is ambiguous. Realistic.
2) The ending is perfect.
3) Each character - and their reactions to receiving treatment or letters - is treated individually and compassionately. You don't make sweeping generalisations "they all wrote back" "slowly they all began to feel X".

Also, your writing is just wow. This:
It felt like open windows in the summer while you turn the last page of a sad but important book.
I mean, that's incredibly abstract but yes, I do know how that feels, and you managed to powerfully convey an emotion with a simile I would never have thought of.

Anddddd I'll stop gushing now!
romenic arten chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
this is the second time i read your story and this one didn't disappoint me. not at all. it started at the lowest point possible, but you manage to lift it up, leaving a glimpse of hope in the end. i find it very inspring that you take an optimistic view of the situation. you wrapped it up in a clean cut writing though not losing your signature exotic metaphors. it is heartbreaking as it is beautiful. you are def one the best dramione author exist today. keep up the terrific work!
fuckfanfictiondotnet chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Heartbreaking and beautiful - all of it: the story-line, the emotions, the presentation, the morals. Simply amazing.
As for the Dream Machine itself, I know that the long-term progression outweighs the 'short-term' torture however I found it to be disgusting. Luna's method was humane and sane. Sure, you could argue Death Eaters don't deserve humane, as shown by the hideous crimes they did to humanity, but it's just morally wrong and doesn't sit well on my conscience.
This is one of the rare pieces which provokes thoughts with depth.
golojolo chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Beautiful story and a really plausible way to pair them together, I also like how it starts out really dark but gets lighter gradually as the story goes on like a gradient and I realise that probably doesn't make sense
zpplnchick chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
I had the sudden urge to read this; I'd read it a while ago and absolutely loved it but just realized I'd never reviewed.

I love so many things, starting with the fact that after searching for it, I discovered it was by you and thought immediately, "Of course it is." Because your stories are always brilliant. Secondly, the style. It's so clean and effective. I was able to breeze through it easily, barely aware of the time passing. Thirdly, such a beautiful, sweet journey for the characters to go on, and you lead us through so well. I was aww'ing near the end-the characterizations are spot on. I felt so happy for them.

Thank you for writing this, and for writing in general!
in stars chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
I should know by now that if it's by you, it's going to be achingly beautiful, but you keep on catching me off guard. Fantastic job, as always :)
El Reino chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
I don't really know what to say to this. Normally, I'd nod in approval and move on. I've already (tried to at least) point out how beautiful your writing is. You're so very frank ("until they felt ready to kiss") and I appreciate it. I like happy endings. I like when things are in black and white. But this story appealed to me. All I did was nod in approval and admit this really deserves to go into my favorites. It's like a sad but important book that is brilliant enough to hook me.

Thanks for writing,

(Sorry if this review is offending or nonsensical. You're a very good writer and I admire that.)
yay chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
This is increadibly dark, but still good.