Reviews for Dream Machine
evergreeneyes chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
This was beautiful: you give the reader the perfect glimpses into a story which is original and heartbreaking and ultimately offers redemption. My favourite three things -
1) Nothing is black and white. Hermione's opinion changes. Is the dream machine good or bad? Morality is ambiguous. Realistic.
2) The ending is perfect.
3) Each character - and their reactions to receiving treatment or letters - is treated individually and compassionately. You don't make sweeping generalisations "they all wrote back" "slowly they all began to feel X".

Also, your writing is just wow. This:
It felt like open windows in the summer while you turn the last page of a sad but important book.
I mean, that's incredibly abstract but yes, I do know how that feels, and you managed to powerfully convey an emotion with a simile I would never have thought of.

Anddddd I'll stop gushing now!
romenic arten chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
this is the second time i read your story and this one didn't disappoint me. not at all. it started at the lowest point possible, but you manage to lift it up, leaving a glimpse of hope in the end. i find it very inspring that you take an optimistic view of the situation. you wrapped it up in a clean cut writing though not losing your signature exotic metaphors. it is heartbreaking as it is beautiful. you are def one the best dramione author exist today. keep up the terrific work!
luxetnox chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Heartbreaking and beautiful - all of it: the story-line, the emotions, the presentation, the morals. Simply amazing.
As for the Dream Machine itself, I know that the long-term progression outweighs the 'short-term' torture however I found it to be disgusting. Luna's method was humane and sane. Sure, you could argue Death Eaters don't deserve humane, as shown by the hideous crimes they did to humanity, but it's just morally wrong and doesn't sit well on my conscience.
This is one of the rare pieces which provokes thoughts with depth.
golojolo chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Beautiful story and a really plausible way to pair them together, I also like how it starts out really dark but gets lighter gradually as the story goes on like a gradient and I realise that probably doesn't make sense
zpplnchick chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
I had the sudden urge to read this; I'd read it a while ago and absolutely loved it but just realized I'd never reviewed.

I love so many things, starting with the fact that after searching for it, I discovered it was by you and thought immediately, "Of course it is." Because your stories are always brilliant. Secondly, the style. It's so clean and effective. I was able to breeze through it easily, barely aware of the time passing. Thirdly, such a beautiful, sweet journey for the characters to go on, and you lead us through so well. I was aww'ing near the end-the characterizations are spot on. I felt so happy for them.

Thank you for writing this, and for writing in general!
soliloquye chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
I should know by now that if it's by you, it's going to be achingly beautiful, but you keep on catching me off guard. Fantastic job, as always :)
El Reino chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
I don't really know what to say to this. Normally, I'd nod in approval and move on. I've already (tried to at least) point out how beautiful your writing is. You're so very frank ("until they felt ready to kiss") and I appreciate it. I like happy endings. I like when things are in black and white. But this story appealed to me. All I did was nod in approval and admit this really deserves to go into my favorites. It's like a sad but important book that is brilliant enough to hook me.

Thanks for writing,

(Sorry if this review is offending or nonsensical. You're a very good writer and I admire that.)
yay chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
This is increadibly dark, but still good.
HawaiianCaffeine chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
Awww, I kind of wished it would have continued... Like a finish w/ happily ever after... Though I supposed I can just imagine that part :)
xXBeckyFoo chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
This was exceptionally beautiful, tragic, and descriptive. It has to be by far one of the best thInge I've read on here. It gave me a sense like I was in a whole different world; a very drastic and tragic one.

Amazing job,

Becky.
stay.traught.i'm.deactivated chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
It's dark at the beginning, but the aspect of forgiveness shines through the whole story. It's absolutely astonishing.
Jimmi08 chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Amazing... but I am feel a bit sad. Excellent writting. Thank you for it.
EchoDeltaNine chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Positively amazing. I loved how you separated it all in to parts; they welded together to create the story and it was beautifully written. I also commend you with your ability to completely remove the use of dialogue. It was tasteful, and sometimes no dialogue can get boring, but I wasn't bored for a second. I can't wait to read more of your work! Bravo!
RandomGerman chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Wow. This is very powerful. You have a special style of writing that fits with the content.
dmlainey chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
You did an amazing job on this one! :) I'm off to read your other works.