Reviews for Bolts
Seiji and Shizuku 4ever chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
_ This was so cute! You've got their characters down perfectly in this. Awesomely detailed and well-written. Underneath their argument you can see their bond of a long friendship there, and that's a hard thing for authors to do, but you pulled it off splendidly. Great job!
Trinity Destler chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
This is lovely and very true to canon. Thank you!
it's simply me chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
You would think that something with such a simple plot wouldn't hold out, but I feel this is definitely one of those better written stories. Like there's something deeper there but you just can't see it. Even if it's not on purpose, it makes your writing unique.
AuburnCollision chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
this was pretty raw, eccentric - not quite the average edxwinry story. i liked it. very originally written. there's not much to say but i'm going to be super unprofessional and start quoting from beginning to end.

"Flesh is not her purview. Except for where it connects to—melts into—metal, from soft and warm over pliant and strong to smooth and hard and gleaming."

I really really appreciated these lines. Very true, very raw, very in-your-face.

"Ire flares between them, swift and bright, then snuffs itself out just as quickly."

i really liked this too. you paint ed/winry vividly and realistically. they get mad at each other, and they forgive each other just as quick. it's how they work, and i'm glad you put this little piece in.

""I always come back," Ed says quietly, almost sulkily, after a long pause. It's true. Winry just worries that someday it won't be."

daww that was cute. i liked it, because it's something ed would say. and it's something winry would worry over, most definitely.

"But she can make sure he's in one piece when he gets there. He won't stay that way, but she's gotten well-practiced at putting him back together."

so i really liked the parallel between your opening line and your last line. it kinda makes you see beyond the words; how winry doesn't just physically put him back together, but i guess emotionally too - realistically, she wants him to be safe, that kind of put-back-together-ness. did that make sense? idk, hopefully my point gets across.

a little problem:

"If you would ever do your maintenance and stop ifighting/i with imy/i automail"

i think you meant to do italics. not really a huge deal, just a little hard on the eye.

overall i really liked and enjoyed this piece. :) i'm sorry i don't have much else to say, it was too short to make this any more extensive. but i'm glad you said so much in such a short scene! :)
Poisoned Scarlet chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
Aw. This was nice. I liked the interaction between the two; you got them right in character all right! :D

Panda.
S J Smith-Evil Little Dog chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Very, very nice. I like this a lot. You pack a lot of emotion into such a short story.

Your HTML is showing though. FFN doesn't take it.