Reviews for By Candlelight
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
[After all, Kent reminded himself, if even he—the man deemed unable to feel an emotion like love—had fallen for her, then who else? How many other men melted under her soft smile and her warm gaze? How many other men dreamed of her, wanted to hold her, thought of kissing her?] -Super lame, but I NEVER EVEN CONSIDERED THIS. She's gorgeous and awesome; why WOULDN'T random generic guards love her just as much as Kent does? (Or more, even, since he knows her quite well and they're all in the realm where Hero Worship is still possible.)

Lyn is super adorable in this. Omg.

I also love how Kent creeps on her THREE TIMES and then the forth time rolls on in like "oh yeah, no big deal."

["But time will be made, not found."] Also this. CUTE NA! The whole thing!

azurex chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
-fansqueals at kent- XD
Trevor X chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
Isn't it wonderful to be able to blame someone else for the things that come out of your brain?

Granted, I don't see Lyn as being illiterate. Guy perhaps, but not Lyn. That aside, it was a beautiful piece, so I don't have any complaints.
Pen and Paper71 chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
This is adorable.

That Lyn might be illiterate is an interesting idea and it's not one that ever occurred to me, but it would certainly make sense.

I really adore the way that you write these two both as separate characters and as a couple (Or a potential couple). They just always come off so well in your stuff.

I particularly love the little details that you included like that Kent still walks patrols, even though he no longer really needs to and the unsteadiness of Lyn's hand as she writes. They just bring the story to life, in my opinion.

"'But time will be made, not found.'"- I love this line. :)
Sparks101 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
This was sweet and nicely written!
kittykatloren chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Really sweet! I'm still mainly a Hector/Lyn fan, but this pairing is definitely growing on me. I have my Kent and Lyn at A support in my current playthrough. Anyway, about the fic, it's well written as always and a really nice idea. I hadn't ever thought about it, but you're right - growing up in the plains, Lyn probably would be completely illiterate. The idea of her loving knight helping her learn her letters is really sweet. :)

- Kitty