Reviews for He Can't, He Won't
Bytemite chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Hmm. Historical precedence says even Mal's refusal won't last. :)

Interesting that Inara left again. I don't hold this moment or all that lead up to it against her. It takes two to tango. Love and pain. That's what this is.

Inara had her reasons for leaving, I imagine, very good reasons. This would be a hard HARD relationship for both of them.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Hmm...for a woman who's supposedly highly trained in the art of reading people, Inara definitely doesn't know squat about Malcolm Reynolds, does she? She knows he's been knocked about by life and has a hard time trusting people...and yet she keeps yanking his chain around? Uh...much as I am a massive proponent of a Reynolds-Serra merger, even I would be telling Mal she ain't worth the hassle because she's not gonna be ready to be with someone long-term for a while. Who knows, she could be ready at this story's exact moment...but that's several moments too long for someone who's been crapped on numerous times like Mal :(

Still...I love this tale, if only for the tasty bit of pain it brings in looking at a realistic possibility of how their "relationship" could have evolved. Awesome stuff once again, xfirefly9x!
mindless-junk-247 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Me likey, so great. It's the perfect picture of what's going on inside their minds. I loved it.