Reviews for One More for the Road
VK from Downunder chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Thank you so much Siggy, this is just what I needed.

We just had the finale of A2A in Australia a few days ago. What a brillant show but boy was I upset about the ending where Alex went ahead and Gene stayed.

Your piece capture the ending that I wanted so much. So nicely written and fitted in with the story arc I have in mind (that it is the gov's decision on how long he stay as a guide before he join his team, and that there will always be others who will replace him).

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Beautiful! As always, you write all the characters so perfectly. Poor Alex, one feels her grief and loneliness so keenly (HOW I agree with you and Nelson that Gene sent her on too soon!), I really teared up when the new arrival walked through the door instaed of Gene - and what a lovely idea to stage the lovers' reunion on that familiar bench by the Thames. And the ending was perfect. Thank you!
Kelly chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Just wonderful!
FirstDraft chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Yes. Yes Yes Yes. Exactly like that. *shakes fist at Powers That Be* *shakes Siggy's hand*
xAlex-Drakex chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
I read this when you first uploaded it and I honestly thought I'd reviewed, so here it is now! I love this. You've captured all their feelings perfectly, especially Alex's, I felt so sorry for her. I'm glad she got to see Gene again and tell him that she loved him and I'm glad Gene decided to go into The Railway Arms for a drink and got to see his team again! Love it!
xXCoral-RoseXx chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
This is gorgeous! This is how i'll believe it all ended!
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
Thank you for giving Ray a prospect of his own. I had finally taken a liking to him in series 2, then really felt for him in series 3. We were never quite sure what the story was with his sexuality, but hey, this is heaven, right?

And dear Nelson, always so wise. He'd see Alex's sorrow, God love him.

This made me grin and mist up at the same time: "I hadn't really imagined an afterlife involving beer and red wine."

And this just got me teary:

"Molly will be okay…I have it on the very highest authority. You don't have to worry. And when it's time…"

"I know, I know. She'll be here one day – I can wait."

The rest of it, of course, simply reduced me to blubbering - and smiling. I love that image of Gene and Alex kissing in front of everybody in the pub.

And on a different level, I loved that aside about hell!
Deweynumbers chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
How could you possibly use the word feeble to describe this piece? The 'before' and 'after' strands are really well merged and the warmth and safety of TRA really comes across at the end.

Love the way Chris is still slow on the uptake
gally1 chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
Siggy that was a wonderful heartfelt alternate ending that most of us ladies would've enjoyed had they done something similar with the programme.

Still not too sure about the actual ending but loved the fact that Nelson was their with the Railway Arms and makes you wonder what some of the other characters were meant to represent, like Luigi for example.

Thank you Siggy, we know we can always rely on you to give us what we need.
ILoveGeneHunt chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
I didn't care for the ending shown in the finale. Thank you for writing an ending that was more satisfying. I am still in mourning for the loss of my absolute favorite show. This story has helped me some.
3speckledeggs chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
What Ep 8 needed was a bloody good recession-pulverising, star-studded snog and instead we got a teeny, tiny, measley, chaste nothing kiss.

What on earth is the 9pm watershed for!

Thanks for giving us what we wanted Siggy!
Ribena66 chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
The way it should have ended really. beautiful story well done
Gem6 chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Oh that's just beautiful!

Gem x
MinxySix chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Thank you for this, I love it, seriously love it. This completely highlights the fact that Alex wasn't ready to move on, it was too soon. And as Alex said, "I shouldn't feel like this should I? Isn't this heaven? I should be blissfully happy surely?"
Novindalf chapter 1 . 5/23/2010