Reviews for Better Left Buried
Amilyn chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
This is excellent. I find this a believable possible scenario, Ziva tucking something away even so long ago...then getting things "fixed" so that (and this is one of my two favorite lines) "nothing I did-or anyone else did-would interfere with my work"...ever her father's daughter with his mission forefront. My other favorite line, which is so VERY Ziva, including the pause you built in with the dialogue tag, "I suppose it is better...that my father never expected grandchildren." And Tony's impotent anger and disgust met by Ziva's forced calm is an excellent contrast, especially with her short, curt replies. Excellently done.
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Wow. That left me speechless. Nice use of the scenario. I'm glad Tony was there. Well done.
petuniatc chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
OK, this ties in with what I believe has happened to Ziva. I think she had been raped on previous missions (before Somalia) and I don't think she can have children (remember her reply when Gibbs asked if she wanted kids). Also this is part of why I think a happy ever after Tiva won't happen. She thinks Tony wants kids and she can't have them. Good story.
abrad45 chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Let's get the obvious out in the open: Lindsay is one hell of a writer. I'm not saying this because of the glowing praise she afforded me, but rather due to the great tale she wove. It's impressive not just because of the vocabulary and attention paid to detail, but get this: 87% of BLB is NOT conversation. Compare this to mine where more than 87% of the story IS the dialog and you understand just how complex of a story this is. The words matter, but that's not what this is about: it's about everything else that's going on. Third person omniscience at its finest. You get to see and know and feel everything.

The story itself is also great. A fairly insignificant conversation at the start of an important episode didn't derail Lindsay. I totally missed the potential implications of the discussion we're dealing with here; Lara Macy is dead: this discussion is irrelevant. Or is it? That's the beauty of it all.

I don't know if every single aspect of this story fits for me: Ziva opening up like this, all at once, even with some liquor in her system doesn't do it for me, but according to the story, there's a lot more than "Teammate" trust going on here. Who knows. There are a lot of discrepancies in "Ziva/Tony"

Thanks for a gut-wrenching read.
Sue Grabon chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Wow! I love the way you pictured this and the way you had Ziva portrayed, but the story was grizzly. I guess it was not what I expected. It makes you feel all the more for Ziva and what she has gone through. I feel terrible for Tony. I always feel like it should end up a fairy tale ending.
Mooncombo chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Nicely done. Subtle and very in character. I really like this.
jessisparks2315 chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
This is great - you nailed the characterization, and I could see this scene happening between episodes, you know? It's raw and angsty, and I love it - I'm a sucker for angst :)

Jess, aka cliffsides :)
Jade chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Cool
Swingflip chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
Really good story - I def felt like there was something more beyond her words too.
Megwolf13 chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
I like it. Very angsty, but hey, we all need that.
xoxonessie chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
BB, that was a very good story, in a depressing, sad kind of way. But still amazingly well written. Bravo!
moonfaerie326 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Oh wow! That was really powerful, and the words had such great flow. It seems as though you put a lot of thought into it with how will it piled together in the end.

This turned out extremely well, you've got plenty of talent my friend.

Kudos to you! Keep up the great work!
Lune-Solei chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Oh...wow.

You're right, there isn't much enjoyable about the fic. But the way you wrote it...It was wonderful. Seriously. It had this kind of *haunting* tone. I would love to see a scene like this on the show (doubt we will but still).

I really enjoyed the scene where Tony first gets home and Ziva's just sitting there. It's just...::flails for words:: It just really struck a chord. wonderful job on this fic.
RedHandedJill44 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
wow. wowowowow. Very very good story. I like what you did with that scene from Patriot Down. There was little hints here and there and you took them and ran with it :) Bravo my friend. Also, great job keeping Tony and Ziva in character. I love his concern for her, be it as a partner, friend, etc. All around a great fic :)
YellinYee chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Tony and Ziva were very much in character and I think that makes it all the more heartbreaking. What Ziva reveals here is something I can imagine in canon. I liked how she turned to Tony and he was there, to listen, to help. And the fact that it wasn't the first time.