Reviews for The New Day Begins
Rock Scorpion chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
I'm not sure what to make of this. I think I may have liked it. I haven't read any of your other stories so I am not familiar with your style and have nothing else to compare it with; but it seems to me that this is more of a haiku than a story. It doesn't follow any formal structure. It's a fragment of light shining momentarily through a heavy curtain. A qualitative insight rather than a quantitative fact. A between-courses palate-cleansing sorbet that you remember better than the rest of the meal. And the phrase 'left to survive in the wind' is beautiful when used in that context. Very emotive.
writtenwordlover chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
This is beautiful, having Inara enjoying life's offerings.

Works well for her character in particular.
Bytemite chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
She's so happy! It's as beautiful a moment as it is rare. Taking in the likely truth of what she's dealing with, seeing her exalt in the dawn of a new day...

This is why I like Inara's character.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Oh xfirefly9x...you give your readers such shiny prezzies! And this one? Oh...this is a present worth numerous times its weight in the precious substance (gold, diamonds, Joss Whedon TV shows) of your choice!

Would it be too much to ask to see a "sequel" where Mal is watching Inara being naturally beautiful without the trappings of her usual Companion mask? Because this look at Inara revelling in being just Inara is spectacular...but I am aching to seem our beloved Captain Tightpants' POV of this scene ;)

10/10 as usual!