Reviews for And in the end we lie awake
maipigen chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
oh how I'd loved to have seen that happen Izzie and Alex belong together, seriously. I could feel the heartbreak, really wonderfully done.

You could totally build on this:)

Happy writing

ditte mai

denmark
seriously56 chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
? I don't think I understand it. ? It is very well written though.
16moments chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
It has been awhile since i read your stories and they always made me cry...like this...so raw and painful that I could almost touch it.
Alece chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
Nothing like a tragedy to bring you to realizations.
hopelessromantic549 chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
wow. this is so beautiful.
Mcalison chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Wow! Awesome writing!
AiLing chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
So well written! Wonder whether Izzie will really be back?
NiennaTru chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Oh, wow. What an excellent follow-up fic to the season finale.

I loved the disjointed-ness of the narrative, because it seemed so much like how a person takes in their surroundings when something devastating happens-in snippets, unconnected from the moments before.

The ending made me surprisingly sad, and sorry for Izzie. Although I liked Alex and Izzie as a couple, I never especially cared for Izzie herself. But the image of her walking away from Alex, so that Lexie could comfort him and then Izzie breaking down outside of Alex's room...well, I can feel a little something for *this* Izzie. ::smiles::

I also loved how you had Izzie hearing about the events of the shooting as the others pieced events together-letting her hear of the horror everyone went through.

Alex is my favorite character, and I keep coming back to him seeing Reed dead on the floor, and then, after being shot, desperately trying to get away, crawling into that elevator. That shot of his eyes as he lays on the floor of the elevator and pants...::shiver:: It was all so horrifying.

Thanks so much for writing this. I absolutely loved it. Will there be more?

NiennaTru