Reviews for All I Ever Knew, Only You
elmo98 chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
I absolutely loved it! I enjoyed the bits with Sam as I almost forgot what his character was like. Thankyou for posting this. :D elmo xx
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
A lovely, emotionally fulfilling story, true to the characters and kind to them as well. I particularly liked these observations:

"Maybe Alex deserves her happy ending too."

"Gene would never be the sort of person to follow another's will without a fight, and he's sure that Gene will only come in when he thinks his work is done, which might be tomorrow, or might be never."

Perfectly in character, and also an affectionate, respectful treatment - definitely something many of us were longing for.

The story flows beautifully and touches on all the major figures we've come to know - Nelson, Ray, Annie, Sam, Shazzer and Chris. It's a remarkable (and wonderful) afterlife.
theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
How refreshingly unusual to read something from Chris's viewpoint, and how perfectly you capture his character, right back to his childhood memories. It's lovely to see how the afterlife gives him the serenity and confidence to tell Alex to go back to Gene, knowing how much Gene will need her, and to see him wiser and more knowing than Sam. And the Tylers have babies on the way, great! A gorgeous story.
taker1 chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I loved this story so much, I think it's the ending a lot of us wanted Alex staying with Gene. I like the idea that they didn't just dissapear when they went in to TRA and that they can all spend eternity together. Fantastic work.
HeidiT chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
That's great. Nice to have Chris filling Sam in on what's happened since 1980.
Starlite1 chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Awwww-esome!
Igiveup chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Wonderful story, and I loved how you told it from Chris' point of view.

So, you can get pregnant in Heaven? Cool! Congrats, Annie. It was so nice to see her and Sam once again. And I'm glad Alex went to be with Gene. If she can't have Molly, she should at least have him. Why leave her to be alone?
floatinglights chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Oh, that was just lovely. I loved reading this all from Chris' perspective; you captured his voice so well! Beautiful job. Made me feel just a little better after that finale, lol.
MinxySix chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
This is just fantastic. I love the fact it was from the POV of Chris, puts a different tilt on things. I love Chris convincing Alex to go back, and his conversation with Sam; Sam finding out about Alex ending up in this world, and ending up with Gene is brilliant.
Novindalf chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Oh, I loved it.

Fabulous to have Chris nearly poking back out the door and to Gene, Chris was brilliantly in character, loved the anacronisms in the pub, and that Sam and Annie are going to have a baby *fluff squee!*

Just beautiful :)
Ariadne'sThread chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Absolutely fantastic one-shot. I'm not usually a fan of fix-it fics, but this one is absolutely perfect. Lovely, thoughtful portrayal of Chris, which is introspective without straying into sentimentality.
theoofoof chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
This is good - nice to read something from a different character's perspective. It's refreshing!
Melwasul chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Exactly what I needed. Thanks!
TheSingingGirl chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
As a latecomer to Purgatory, this really makes me feel the need to watch Life on Mars. There's a constant feeling of happiness in this fic, just sort of bubbling below the surface. Very Heaven.

TSG