Reviews for Incunabula: Or The Golden Legend
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 7 . 10/14/2011
This story makes me wish I could jump on a plane & follow their trail!
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 6 . 10/14/2011
That church is gorgeous!
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 5 . 10/14/2011
I'm reading this again & love it even more. I'm picking up details I missed earlier. I also happen to love gothic churches and cathedrals so I love looking these places up!
miss.eve chapter 14 . 10/13/2011
I really like your story, The plot is fresh and original. I am also glad that by reading it I gain some knowledge about a subject I would never pursue by myself.

It's fascinating to watch Bella's internals struggles, I hope that this trip will provide her with some answers and bring some joy into her life. I am unbeliveably curious of Edward he is a huge mysterious for me right now.

For a few chapters now I found that I've got a problem in putting your story in to the right time frame. From the begining I was thinking that the story is put in present times but some thinks are making me to reconsider that. By the way you are presenting people of Czech Republic feeling and ways of thinking I would say that the story is taking place in early '90.

For example:

''Communism made the whole concept of customer service and impersonal friendliness an anomaly."

I am Polish. I am in my early twenties and was born just after communist rule was overthrown.

I know that what you are writing is a fiction but I find some things ridiculous. I am HAPPY that I am living in a free country. I am extrenmaly grateful for 'Solidarnosc' and any kind of civil resistance that people fighting with communist regime present. Because of their action I am living in the better place. Many people died to provide better future for their children, members of my family sacrificed their security and well-being. So I have to disagree with the way you are presenting people in post-communistic countries as some brooding types because it's blasthemy. Such kind of behaviour would be like tossing their sacrifice to the garbage and dont mentioning extremaly disrespectful and ungrateful. We are not brooding, we remembered about those times,we cherished thise peoples and their sacrifices but I do not wake up with the thoughts that I am living in post communistic country and how miserable my life is. More often those times are mention in regard of some funny anctode present by my parents than anything else. I am Polish. We are a brave and proud nation with a great history so something like that is making me rather sad and defensive.

I would like to apologize for my writing skill (or lack of them). Obviously, english is not my native language and when I've no problem whatsoever with reading and comprehending, writing, well lets say it's another story. I hope that regardelss of my poor grammar and choice of words I made myslef clear.

Regards,

Iwona
shinzonx chapter 5 . 10/11/2011
Very intrigued by this story!
SeekingJamestown chapter 37 . 10/10/2011
Ooh. I love this story.
Twiggalina chapter 37 . 10/7/2011
I've spent the day reading this story and I've enjoyed it very much!
bellafan777 chapter 29 . 10/6/2011
I loved Reconciliation! Thank you! Can't wait to read about Edward's reaction to Jakob being here!
Rebadams7 chapter 37 . 10/5/2011
See

All good things come

To

Those who. Wait

Punctuation counts ;-)

Reb
m1eab01 chapter 2 . 10/5/2011
I love this. Intelligent fanfiction. Old books, intrigue, and a hint of future Edward/Bella drama. Swoon.

Oh, and loved the swipe at Dan Brown. Ha ha.

Thank you!
m1eab01 chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Now that is a great prologue...short, to the point, vague enough not to spoil the story, but gripping enough to REALLY make me want to keep reading. Which I'm going to do. Right now. :)
bellafan777 chapter 4 . 10/5/2011
I am really enjoying your writing... "the landscape unrelieved by the green I was so accustomed to seeing in Seattle." - neat description!

Looks like Miss Svan is in for an adventure!
GaijinVamp chapter 37 . 10/4/2011
A pleasure to read such an intelligent story. Thank you.
GaijinVamp chapter 16 . 10/4/2011
Saint Christina Mirabilis sounds quite unpleasant, smelling other people and saying their body odors were caused by sin. But it could also be truth as I thought most people in the 12th/13th century didn't bathe regularly; so some of their BO may have been caused by sinning the night before.
GaijinVamp chapter 17 . 10/4/2011
Quite a remarkable story. The information about incunabula is very interesting. I always learn new things reading other people's works, some more than others.

I've been looking up the places in the fic on the web. I've always wanted to go to Prague & Budapest. Somehow they are pictured in my mind as the most beautiful cities of eastern Europe. My daughter will be touring there in early 2012 with a band, so I've been sharing the photos with her.
1,448 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »