Reviews for Incunabula: Or The Golden Legend
FluffyLiz chapter 33 . 12/21/2014
Well, so much for all their security! How did they get through the gate, weren't there any guards or cameras? Were Edward and Emmett caught up in the blast, and where's Rozalina? Will Victoriya and Demetri take Bella hostage, and, if so, to what purpose... ransom or revenge?

Just as an aside: I think you have the FBI mixed up with Homeland Security and the CIA. I thought it was a typo when you mentioned it in a previous chapter, but here you specifically refer to the equivalent of the KGB as being the FBI. As a non-American, even I know the latter is a country-wide police force, with jurisdiction over State police, whereas Homeland Security and the CIA are responsible for intelligence gathering relating to domestic and international terrorist threats, and the security of the nation's secrets, in the same way as the KGB and Britain's MI5 (domestic) and MI6 (international).
FluffyLiz chapter 32 . 12/20/2014
Hmm, unusual for a stalker to have a partner, but this does, of course, up the ante somewhat. Mind you, I think Bella's whingeing about Edward keeping her in the dark is pretty hypocritical, considering how she kept Jasper very much in the dark about Edward, only telling him the truth after he got stabbed!
FluffyLiz chapter 31 . 12/20/2014
Scary times - for an awful moment I thought when they arrived back at Bella's that the nutjob might be hiding in her closet, and was going to jump out with a meat cleaver! But now they're all safe and sound at Edward's secure penthouse, and the two of them have reconnected at last in the most fundamental way. So I guess they have no choice but to find a way to draw Victoriya out.
FluffyLiz chapter 30 . 12/19/2014
Why, when they were at Bella's apartment, would Edward ask if she had a change of clothes... and why would she then respond that they were in Emmett's car? Surely she didn't take every stitch of clothing she owned when she decamped to Forks?! In fact, didn't Edward say he saw clothes on the floor of her closet?

As for Victoriya, I'm confused about this business of extradition. If they catch her in the US then why would extradition be a problem? If, as Emmett seems to think, she attempts to escape the country, couldn't the APB be extended, thus ensuring she wouldn't be able to get a flight? If they go abroad in order to trap her, they'll have no jurisdiction, a possibly uncooperative police force, and double the extradition problems. I don't get it, but hopefully there is method is your madness!
FluffyLiz chapter 28 . 12/19/2014
Seriously, she wants to go back to her own apartment, which she SHARES with two other people? At worst, they still have such a lot to talk about, and at best, they need to shag each other's brains out... surely both activities would be much better enacted in the privacy of Edward's penthouse. Sometimes, I really, REALLY hate Bella's inverted snobbery/inferiority complex. What a daft bint!
FluffyLiz chapter 27 . 12/19/2014
So, they meet again; let's hope it goes better than the last time!
FluffyLiz chapter 26 . 12/19/2014
Annnnddd, you've brought them all together LOL. I had hoped you might use the exhibition to effect a meeting between Emmett and Rozalina, and here she is! Now, where's that pesky Ukrainian nutjob?
FluffyLiz chapter 25 . 12/19/2014
After all that's happened, I think one can assume that Bella isn't being paranoid, it's just a question of who is watching her - Edward or Victoriya? It's a little worrying that Jakub doesn't actually know what's happened to her, and I have a feeling he won't be calling Bella back with good news.
FluffyLiz chapter 24 . 12/19/2014
Well, at least everyone knows everything now... except, perhaps, one important thing, which is how Edward and Bella feel about one another. I understand her need to get away, but a part of me thinks that it's a bit cowardly. Still, at least she's doing something with her life, instead of letting herself fossilise in a museum. However, with the advantage of knowing there are still 13 chapters left, it's hard to speculate on what happens next.
FluffyLiz chapter 23 . 12/19/2014
Ahh, I wondered how Jasper and Alice might meet. As for Bella, wouldn't it have been better, cheaper and more practicable to merely remove the SIM card from her phone and throw it away, rather than destroy a perfectly good phone - and probably the waste disposal unit - in such a childish fit of pique? And now she must face Dr Cullen; will she explain herself, or continue to bluster and lie and generally act like a pouting child who didn't get the gift she wanted for Christmas?
FluffyLiz chapter 22 . 12/19/2014
Crikey, that was a turn-up for the books! I suppose it was inevitable that the mystery redhead was Victoriya, and that she was trouble, but attempting to murder Jasper in a crazed attack was unexpected. She must have been stalking either Edward or Bella that night, and seen him go to her room - looks like this story has become a crossover between Raiders of the Lost Ark and Fatal Attraction LOL.

Oh, one little niggle - why are the Czech's pronouncing Bella's name as Svan? As far as I recall, they are perfectly capable of pronouncing their W's, as evidenced by the fact that they say 'work' and 'Whitlock'. I understood it with Rozalina, as she's Russian, but the Czech's need to stop doing it!
FluffyLiz chapter 21 . 12/19/2014
It was lucky for Edward that Jasper left that file in Bella's room, but he could hardly have foreseen that the answer he'd been seeking would fall so easily into his hands. One must therefore conclude that, although he took advantage of the situation, he didn't actually use Bella... at least, not in the way she thinks. Regardless, she does, indeed, owe Jasper an explanation of what really happened, because if he'd known about her interactions with Edward, it's unlikely he would have been so careless with that file, or so slow to visit the chapel.

Meanwhile, I reckon Bella's desperation for what she imagines is the sanctuary of Seattle is woefully misplaced, seeing as how it's also Edward's home base. I wonder if he will seek her out?
FluffyLiz chapter 20 . 12/19/2014
Well, from the overtly euphemistic chapter heading, to Edward sweeping Bella off her feet at the end, there was certainly no ambiguity or confusion in this chapter LOL! But what will happen in the morning? Will Jasper discover them, or will Bella finally tell him the truth? Either way, she surely cannot hope to keep him in the dark any longer. Of course, Edward still has his own secrets, and I have a feeling that, despite this new intimacy, he isn't yet ready to give them up. But why? Is he not the independent collector we've always assumed? Is he, in fact, at the beck of a more powerful employer? In a previous chapter, I was a little surprised that he referred to himself as a CFO, which would indicate that he is merely an employee, albeit a well-paid one, rather than a mega-rich entrepreneur. This begs the question, how does he afford to collect these priceless books... unless, of course he is funded by someone else, someone far more ruthless and dangerous?
FluffyLiz chapter 19 . 12/19/2014
Okay, this chapter had me tearing my hair out a bit, as I was utterly confused at the beginning and infuriated at the end. First, I have to say that it took me a lot of time, plus referring back to the previous chapter, to work out what was going on. Why was Jasper talking about Jakub's attraction to Bella in front of him, and had I missed something important when Bella talked about both of them going to the bathroom at the same time? After going back and forth, rereading several times, I finally worked out that you were flipping from the present to the past, but without any discernible indication, other than a reference to being in the lobby. Sorry to be pedantic, but this whole sequence was really unclear and very confusing.

As for my fury, this was related to Bella. How could such an ostensibly intelligent woman be so unutterably stupid as to decide to go for a walk in the dead of night in a strange town following a confrontation with drunk frat-boys in her hotel. And how could Jasper be just as stupid as to let her do it without either insisting he go with her or warning her that she shouldn't wander about alone with those goons from the restaurant potentially on the loose? And that's not even taking into consideration the potential danger from whomever tipped off the police. Edward's fury is, this time, completely justified.
FluffyLiz chapter 18 . 12/18/2014
I can't imagine that Edward is behind the wicked accusation about smuggling... apart from anything else, it seems to me that he would prefer Jasper and Bella continue their investigation, as it's clearly saving him a lot of legwork!

But now you have me utterly confused with the ending... who are 'they'? Is Bella referring to the Jews, and, if so, why would she suddenly come up with that thought while sitting in Immanuel's tiny, inadequate cell? Is she thinking that he would have used his situation at the monastery to help Jews escape the Nazis? But how?
1,455 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »